Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    He's a pervert and he abused his position of influence with a number of women, but he doesn't deserve to be lumped in with Bill Cosby et al, as some people do. I'd like to think he's genuinely sorry about it and can make amends and get back to work. Because at the end of the day he is a funny guy.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    He's a pervert and he abused his position of influence with a number of women, but he doesn't deserve to be lumped in with Bill Cosby et al, as some people do. I'd like to think he's genuinely sorry about it and can make amends and get back to work. Because at the end of the day he is a funny guy.

Wanked in front of female comedians doesn't get a genuinely sorry pass. Jesus fuck.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, he's a pervert. But maybe he can make amends.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It's a bit selfish but I like his comedy.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Aye best of luck to him and also get yourself absolutely fucked you pervert who took advantage of struggling comedians what an absolute scum. But maybe aye.
  • Holy shit, thought he made a misogynistic joke or something but didn't expect him to be a rung under Cosby in the bad comedian ladder of cunts!
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Rolled a snake and down he went.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Wanked in front of female comedians doesn't get a genuinely sorry pass. Jesus fuck.
    Denying sex offenders the opportunity of rehabilitation is not as woke as you think it is.

Edit - Please just ignore this. I don’t want it turning into a thing and I doubt it applies to C.K. anyway. Genuine remorse is a different thing from ‘sorry I got caught’ and there’s often no way of telling from the outside which is which. C.K. sounds like he falls into the latter anyways.
  • Welcome thread recovery and reparation has gone swimmingly, I see.
  • Does he have to be rehabilitated into a comedian?
  • monkey wrote:
    Denying sex offenders the opportunity of rehabilitation is not as woke as you think it is.

Sex offenders generally have lower rates of recidivism than other offenders. The figures I recall are that 25% of people charged with theft will be charged with theft again in the next year. With the highest risk sex offenders, it’s something like 6-8%.

As for CK, what he did was scummy, sure, but is also behaviour on par with a significant number of men out there. That’s not to say it’s okay, but to consider where it falls in a bell curve of behaviour. I have genuinely heard people describing that kind of behaviour as ‘a guy chancing his hand’. Again, that’s not to say that it’s right, but there’s a chance CK genuinely believed he had sought sufficient consent, and is genuinely remorseful. His responses suggest that he didn’t realise at the time how much he was relying on his position of power to get away with what he was doing.
  • CK has done nothing to redeem himself and his shows after it all came to light apparently seem to embrace his behaviour.

Rather than making amends he has just said fuck it and decided to appeal to the scum crowd.
  • regmcfly wrote:

After he asked them and they said yes. Since when are people either goodor evil? He acknowledged the problem of imbalance, and has been fucked for it, professionally. Now you want no one to ever mention him again, or to pretend be wasn't, isn't funny? Get a grip, lad.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • LivDiv wrote:
    CK has done nothing to redeem himself and his shows after it all came to light apparently seem to embrace his behaviour. Rather than making amends he has just said fuck it and decided to appeal to the scum crowd.

He apologised, publicly.

He tried, one year later or more, to come back to comedy.

Which means new material, to be tested.

His shows did not embrace his behaviour, they made fun of it, and then basically tried out obnoxious lines about shooting victims. It's trying new material. It was filmed without permission. 

Go back and watch his "of course" bit... You don't think that was perfected over 100 shows?
  • After he asked them and they said yes. Since when are people either goodor evil? He acknowledged the problem of imbalance, and has been fucked for it, professionally. Now you want no one to ever mention him again, or to pretend be wasn't, isn't funny? Get a grip, lad.

I can find one example of someone saying yes when asked, and she says she was afraid of his power and fame. Where are all these accounts of women saying yes to this man wanking at them? Many accounts say he asked, I can't find many that say they were down for it (I did a super brief Google, tbf).

I'm all for rehabilitation but this 'ah c'mon he apologized, plus he's funny' shit can do one.

You think he'd be some repentant if he hadn't been called out?
  • Welcome!

Gonz you still owe me £5 from about 2007.
  • Rehabilitation and acceptance takes a long time, not just disappearing for a bit them coming back hoping all is forgiven.
  • Plenty of women probably said yes to Weinstein's flabby heft being thrust into them. Doesn't mean it was okay.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    One woman says he asked if he could wank in front of her and she said no so he didn't. That's not to forgive the other stuff he did but if that's being listed as abuse then a lot of people are in trouble.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Rehabilitation and acceptance takes a long time, not just disappearing for a bit them coming back hoping all is forgiven.
    I'd watch him tomorrow if I got the chance
  • Kow wrote:
    One woman says he asked if he could wank in front of her and she said no so he didn't. That's not to forgive the other stuff he did but if that's being listed as abuse then a lot of people are in trouble.

You do realise even asking that, despite not doing it, in a work environment is totally unacceptable? Would you like it if some guy asked a female relative of yours that? Even if they don't do it, the line is crossed and it makes working with that person an ordeal.

I mean, I hope he's a changed man, but I'm yet to be convinced.

Here's a summary of some stuff https://m.ranker.com/list/louis-ck-crime-facts/matthew-lavelle

• I mean, I go to events where people do wank at you, but there's a time and place and work isn't it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I don't think it's an appropriate thing to ask in most circumstances but I don't think it should be listed as an example of abuse either. I wouldn't give a damn if someone asked a female relative the same thing as any women I know would say no or yes and probably think what a creep or laugh it off and that'd be that.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    If he was persistently asking the same woman and putting pressure on her then yeah, but as far as I know that's not what happened. Anyway, as I said, I don't think it's enough to just say sorry and move on but there are ways to make amends and I'd like his career to continue.
  • It's alright everyone, all the women Kow knows would laugh it off or just crack on.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    O fuck off. You asked a specific question, I answered it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!