Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Also lurkers PM me, we can have a jolly good natter and maybe even a mutually agreeable nosh.
  • This place could become a bit like one of those Japanese towns that are just full of pensioners. Should do an ad campaign, print off some stickers and put them in random places or something. :P
  • Does anyone have a blimp?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Did have but I dumped her :-)
  • No. It needs is current members to wipe their vaginas and post more.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I wonder if we will all be posting here in 10 years?

I always told myself when I was younger that I would never be one of those guys who frequents the Internet when I was in my late 40s.

I mean, none of my older friends frequent Internet forums. Or my brother in laws who are in their 40s. Or so they say.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Wouldn't want to use their keyboards after they post though.

Plan gets in the way again!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm 42 and still posting shit. Tbf I've had a bit of a gaming renaissance since visiting here so it's all good for me. Tried to get a mate to join who is into his games but don't think he has.
  • So you don't want to be g.man you mean?
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I'm 42 and still posting shit. Tbf I've had a bit of a gaming renaissance since visiting here so it's all good for me. Tried to get a mate to join who is into his games but don't think he has.

Same here mate, this place got me back into gaming.

I still love this place and its members. But It's extremely quiet compared to what it used to be like and regulars are dropping like flies.
  • Hi Mike. You lovely fucking piece of fluff.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • So you don't want to be g.man you mean?
    Lol

G man is fine, he has a life away from here. What I meant was, I planned on being married, having kids and a career by the time I was in my 40s and that I thought I would need my head testing if I was spending too much time using Internet forums rather than doing real stuff.

Now I am married with a son and a half decent job, I sort of realise its actually alright having hobbies as well. I dunno, I take stuff too seriously at times I guess.
  • Hi Mike. You lovely fucking piece of fluff.
    Hi sexy x
  • Imagine a forum where everyone's a pensioner sitting around waiting to die. Imagine the thread of the dead posts. "Skerret and DS went last night. Why couldn't it have been SG? I've hated that bastard for over forty years. Oh dear, I've just soiled myself again."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I think THAT THREAD killed off quite a few people.

I don't get the google thing though. I'm sure you can block certain spiders, so just allow Googlebot in and block all the spammy ones. I've never heard of Google killing a website due to it's crawling.

Another way may be to promote the B&B Twitter page. Every couple of days pop some thinks to populate threads on Twitter. Follow people who are into gaming and they may follow back.
  • b0r1s wrote:

I don't get the google thing though. I'm sure you can block certain spiders, so just allow Googlebot in and block all the spammy ones. I've never heard of Google killing a website due to it's crawling.

Another way may be to promote the B&B Twitter page. Every couple of days pop some thinks to populate threads on Twitter. Follow people who are into gaming and they may follow back.

Good idea. I have met some lovely people and fellow gamers on Twitter of late via friends of friends. I might ask them to pop in.

Speaking of which, @beano who is that guy sending us Catbus stickers? He is awesome.
  • what happened to outlaw, she was entertaining and had some thoughtful posts.. seems to have gone awol or not posting so much. 

I always like fresh fish. Most of us started as 18yr old yappers but were broken in by the rules of the forumz. 

We should hold a bring a friend day :) 

Also, i love Reg but as far as I remember he's run off with our sponsored animals :(
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Yeah Outlaw was cool.

I know we shouldn't go on about guys who don't post anymore but it's always sad to lose good people from a community.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    It's my old business partner. He knows about this place, he knew about Edge. It moves too fast here, I think. It's a common complaint.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Cool he seems like a nice fella.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:

It was an accelerant, but things were already heading that way for those concerned. I'd hate to see this place fade away, but we've enjoyed a nicer atmosphere in recent months. A lot of our classic-era volume was aggro-filled. Not to say that it wasn't fun at times.

I think we just don't enjoy wholesale gaming as much any more. Quite a few of us were green to online gaming when we joined Maroon (that's why a lot of us joined), and we established a few happy wee gangs. And we were lucky, because most of us were already in our twenties even then; 'cept Boy Petey.

Families, careers, loss of interest and Twitter happened. Twitter's no good to me because I can't waffle. No wafflin', no thinkin'. I'd appreciate Twitter if I didn't live in society's shed at the end of its garden. I like the people here, and it's my only outlet from the dire grips of farmmanistic life. Somerset's as depressing as it is beautiful.
  • beano wrote:
    It's my old business partner. He knows about this place, he knew about Edge. It moves too fast here, I think. It's a common complaint.

People who think this place moves too fast obviously haven't tried to scroll back a page of threads on NeoGAF.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    New members, though, yes.
  • Escape wrote:
    Somerset's as depressing as it is beautiful.

Too many FUCKING COWS
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    beano wrote:

People who think this place moves too fast obviously haven't tried to scroll back a page of threads on NeoGAF.

Isn't Twitter a fast moving clusterfuck of random outbursts? I'd have thought it would have been easier to keep track of our threads, even if they do move fast. Can't say I've noticed any really quick moving threads of late anyway.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I never have a clue what is going on on twitter. This place goes at a snails pace in comparison.
  • This place moves pretty slowly unless it's a popular/car crash thread.  I like the fact it's not NeoGAF (that place is fucking horrible - full of dribbling PlayStation fanboys looking for any piece of evidence that the Xbone might fail, so so sad.)

I would hate this place to turn into that kind of thing - but a few new members wouldn't go amiss.
  • Wouldn't say that.
    But from observation they hate being lied to. Hate hate hate it.
    They're gamers like anyone else, and they want to see the industry thrive. They're itching for someone to prove them wrong with the Xbox One and currently they're not getting it.
    Thing is, you go there with bullshit, excuses, or what seems like marketing talk and you will get analysed and taken apart.
    They'll pull shills for either side apart with no mercy.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!