Does this place need new members?
  • We need one of us to become semi famous (or infamous) and drop hints about this place.

Or stand behind newsreaders with a B&B placard.

I don't bloody know. I'm going to sleep.
  • No one flounced off to twitter (or if they did it wasn't on my watch at least) as we was twitterin' back when it was still the maroon room. Of course this place occasionally gets mentioned, it's been a big part of many of our lives, I still lurk here from time to, like for the recent Hearthstone explosion, and having a week off Uni has caused me to catch up with a bunch of threads like Titanfall, and the PC one, and then thissun. 

Not that anyone asked, but as to why I stopped posting, it's mainly because personality wise I feel incredibly out of sync with this place, posting anything now rarely appeals to me, and I prefer the scattershot incessant nonsense of twitter because the rest of my time is split between srs bsns. 

No one on here caused me to stop posting, I just felt like stopping due to aforementioned syncopation and it just happened to coincide with when Reg was feeling the same; no conspiracy, just coincidence. Also twitter hates all of you, it is not a form of communication, it is a hivemind and it is set entirely on destroying you all.

DS, wub you, send me that fucking story when it's done, yeah?
  • You didn't even say goodbye.
  • He deleted his avatar though. That's highly portentous.
  • Oh Gonz you're a massive cunt but I really regret not getting over to Edinburgh to see you.

I'll presumably see you on Titanfall PC instead.
  • I promise you another anticlimax xoxox
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    See, if I left, I'd still waft past occasionally to see if anyone had noticed, and if - say, a year later - someone had finally realised, I'd feel compelled to come back and thank them.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    DS, wub you, send me that fucking story when it's done, yeah?

Oh aye. My memory is shite, will get on it tomorrow my man.
  • I mention this place to people sometimes, but not usually by name (saying "Internet friends requires less explanation than anything else). As of yet, nobody's been interested enough to ask for more details about it.
  • So is tempy back? Dark souls moaning bitch.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • This place will be fine as it is.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Start writing the url for this place on post it notes - "top secret videogame club shhhh" - and insert them in random copies of Edge all over the country.

Hi Tempy.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Hiya Tempu.

XOXOX.
  • It is no good, someone needs to Jihad in the name of this site. Gonz knows the most about it he can do it.
  • It's over, I'll get the purple sheets and cyanide.
  • It's a shame really because new people tried to join the old EDGE forum but certain members like Unlikely were hostile towards them so they quickly fucked off and were to be never seen again.

I much prefer this place to the old EDGE forums - those boards were like a Scottish comprehensive school at times, with lots of dick waving between regulars going on and tired old jokes used on a daily basis.

We still get the odd argument here and usually I'm involved in them probably because I get quite pissed off easily and should learn to just ignore people if they are acting the twat or even don't act the twat myself!

As for DS's remarks about us talking about here on Twitter, I've done that ONCE.  ONCE!  And Tempy is correct, this WAS a big thing in some people's lives because we developed relationships.  It's always interesting to find out why people left and what pissed them off because I am nosey :D
  • Unlikely et al functioned as highly effective filters against poor quality / overly sensitive posters, I for one appreciated their work.
  • Oh and Twitter is great.  I don't get the people slating it if they've never even used it before!  I get lots of football news on it before anywhere else, line ups for the matches and it's a great way for me to keep in touch with folk I haven't seen for years who live half way across the country, who don't use FuckBook.
  • Not that anyone asked, but as to why I stopped posting, it's mainly because personality wise I feel incredibly out of sync with this place

@Tempy This has stopped me precisely never.

I have no real peers here but that's rather the point.
  • Plan XIII wrote:
    Oh and Twitter is great.  I don't get the people slating it if they've never even used it before!

I use Twitter. It's shit. The only reason it doesn't seem so to some people is because so many people/things use it.
  • Twat is a great source of skilled one-liner gags. Beyond that I shudder.
  • Twitter is an excellent source of news for me.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Manure is an excellent source of nutrients for plants. Doesn't stop it being shit.
  • I currently use it to annoy Gary to read the forum story.
  • Hello sas. Are you back now?
  • Maybe I'd be more sour if I'd followed/been invested in that ridic next gen thread? Idk probably not, there was worse shit in the past.
  • Nah, I was reading and involved for a bit, it was very briefly funny at the beginning, then got really boring really quickly.

People's just dumb.
  • You seem to care just enough to keep posting, but realise this place isn't the be all and end all.
  • We do seem to spend more time discussing other things rather than vidya gamez these days
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!