GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Outlaw wrote:
    I'm confused.

Clearly.
  • Outlaw wrote:
    Yeah, I dropped the whole outlaw is a girl thing in the latest chapter of the story. Well the one before the new one.

What?

Yup. Read it. It's nothing terrible...

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • ZMM wrote:
    Unbane Lawro in 2k13 #Lawrogate #Lawro2013

He got banned on Twitter too.

Ironically he can still read everything posted here.

Hi lawro

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Where is Pranky? Why hasnt he signed up yet?
  • Someone else took his name. He's probably sulking.
  • Outlaw wrote:
    Yeah, I dropped the whole outlaw is a girl thing in the latest chapter of the story. Well the one before the new one.
    What?

I have read it. I complimented both you and Sas on your most excellent writing skills.

No one ever listens to me :(
  • What'd the lady say now?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Pranky signed up, had an argument then left.

Seen him a few times on HotUKDeals, plugging his site, slagging off the Wii U, slagging of Edge. Bless im.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Pranky or lawro?
  • Outlaw wrote:
    Outlaw wrote:
    What?

I have read it. I complimented both you and Sas on your most excellent writing skills.

No one ever listens to me :(

Ok. I kind of do. It's just you asked like you missed that bit, that was all.

• Pranky or lawro?

Both. Maybe they're the same person? Ever seen them both in the same room?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    More members? I was thinking we should get rid of a few.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    We could do some kind of Big Brother thing and vote somebody out at the end of every week and permaban them. As it's my idea, obviously I can't be a contender.
  • I guess I miss the Halo lot (Tree Finger, Android, Lester, Fluffy et al) but then talking about Halo all day was a bit of a dead end.

Other than that, if we had more interesting people, I wouldn't be able to keep up.

I don't feel the negative thing at all - I've said stupid things, got called out on it; I've been also been congratulated for new jobs, pregnancies, all sorts of good vibes, and am participating in a secret santa, and have met about a dozen and a half of you and thought all sound.
  • If anything we need less people. A tourny spanning 3 days shall be held with the loser banished for life and the winners showered in forum glory. I shall of course adjudicate and therefore will secure forum glory shower by default.
    Kow wrote:
    We could do some kind of Big Brother thing and vote somebody out at the end of every week and permaban them. As it's my idea, obviously I can't be a contender.

I guess I am getting sick of all the boring repeated jokes though
  • That's all I do. The same old joke. Damn.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Plan_XIII wrote:
    Or is it fine as it is? If we were to encourage new members, how would we go about doing it?  Is it worth promoting the forums and spreading the word a little more or do we already have a big enough community? I was thinking this because it seems pretty quiet around here these days.  Now, this might just me - I'm bored at home and don't start work until 5pm so I've been spending quite a bit of time logged in today.  But I am sure it used to be busier here.  Where's everyone gone?  Stop having lives you lot!

It's fine as it is, IMHO. I quite like having a smaller, quieter forum. If things get too busy it just ends up a protracted shouting match (4chan) with no sense of community (NeoGaf).

I think the second problem is exactly what you mentioned, people have lives! I joined the original EDGE forum when I was 18. I've been there through the closure, joined rllmuk, came back when EDGE started up again, was there for the not-fit-for-purpose redesign, and even tried downloading the entire thing when it all shut down again. After a few attempts at Not EDGE, the B&B got things right and we've got our new home. I'm 30 now and am still using the same user name, and have only changed avatar twice (though they've always been VMUs). I can't imagine the original EDGE forum having a Kids and What They Do Thread, because we were kids. I shudder to think what crap would get posted in the Mental Health thread if this were the IGN forums. We're not gaming or posting as much because we've got proper jobs now, and in some cases wee mini Badgers to look after.

I like this place as it is. I feel like I know you people, and it's always a bit of an event when someone leaves, or when someone new joins. If we were getting 300 new members a day, there'd be no keeping up with the Welcome thread, let alone anything else.

I hope this place is around for a while yet. Even when the kids are directly interfacing via 3D holographic projected equivalents of PS Home, we'll be here complaining about someone not using spoiler tags properly. Just like those people who are still using Usenet groups, we'll be here, because this is where we 'live'.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    <shudder>
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Funkstain wrote:
    If anything we need less people. A tourny spanning 3 days shall be held with the loser banished for life and the winners showered in forum glory. I shall of course adjudicate and therefore will secure forum glory shower by default.
    Kow wrote:
    I guess I am getting sick of all the boring repeated jokes though

You obviously have too much goddam free time.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    I guess I miss the Halo lot (Tree Finger, Android, Lester, Fluffy et al) but then talking about Halo all day was a bit of a dead end.

Other than that, if we had more interesting people, I wouldn't be able to keep up.

I don't feel the negative thing at all - I've said stupid things, got called out on it; I've been also been congratulated for new jobs, pregnancies, all sorts of good vibes, and am participating in a secret santa, and have met about a dozen and a half of you and thought all sound.
    You make some great points here. The people we already have at the forum are fantastic it has to be said and I genuinely like every single person here.

The mental health thread, kids thread and secret Santa are all lovely in their own way and I always look forward to logging in here to see what's new and even enjoy the odd squabble even though I pretend I don't.

So yeah I guess it is fine as it is. We are awesome.
  • We need more Turrican fanatics.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    See look, people are turning up. It's not on.
  • Wher...

Oh.
    Mostly an idiot. Live: thedarthjim / Instagram: mrjalco / Twitter: @MrJalco
  • This place needs less consoles.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    BUT MORE GAV
  • Lol
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • This forum is lovely.

Even some of the bickering isn't particularly nasty.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!