Does this place need new members?
  • How do new members actually find this place? Do they Google badger cull/tb/populations and think, fuck it, this'll do I suppose.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Genuine lols.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    My stepson lurks only in the Sins of the Flesh section. I reckon more of our lurkers do the same

FTFY
  • monkey wrote:
    Unban skerret.
    Skizzy was banned!!?

You didn't see what he did?! I'll be surprised if he's ever let back in.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Ah you guys.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    monkey wrote:
    Unban skerret.
    Skizzy was banned!!?

The dress was ruined.

I lurk all the time. I've seen it all.

If Australian was here, though, he'd say that krs' relative absence is a shame. I think G would also agree it's a shame. And there's no need for my cheerleading (unless DS fancies a gander) to say it's a shame, but it's a bloody shame.

Rock seems happy enough over the road. I'd sooner have Fiery, Chet and some other old-timers back than grockles. The roadmen won't get far.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    The lurkers are an impenetrable clique we mere posters could only dream of being accepted into.

Just been approached by one of the lurkers, a mysterious figure with a cigarette, in the shadows of an underground carpark.

He asked me to tell you you've been accepted and are now one of them. Obviously this means you won't be posting again.

Congratulations.
    (rest of forum)
  • Escape wrote:
    Unban skerret.
    Skizzy was banned!!?
    The dress was ruined.
    I still can't stomach a sausage. 

Krs should also be unbanned immediately. It wasn't her fault damn it!
  • This place can be a bit daunting at times for new blood. A few of the regulars write like they've had a stroke and so most of what they write is fairly indecipherable. We have some pantomime villains that don't troll, they wholeheartedly believe what they write. Lots of well-established friendship groups and banter that requires you to have seen Series1-4, otherwise you'll have to go full-on Poirot to keep track of what's going on.

I get more out of the non-game chat and enjoy the genuinely interests posts and links that peeps put up. The occasional arrogance aside it's a lovely place with cracking people. Still haven't got the nerve to party up or (God forbid) go to a Stock. Perpaps they should be prerequisites for getting your B&B badge; see through the looking glass and it all starts to make perfect sense. I'd love to find out if Nick is shaped like a burger, if Rev licks his arse after he's had a shit and if G Man is as misanthropic as I.
  • Wait, people get banned here? What on earth for? I must've missed something. Or lots of things.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Doge

Well, someone was going to bring it up.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • It's unspoken vela.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Person got banned. Singular.
  • AJ wrote:
    It's his fault I'm here, you know.

Haha, hey dude. Hope you don't hold it against me!
  • Right. Ive definitely missed stuff then.

What is Doge? Is that what Tempy was posting about the other day?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    Something I've never been sure about: was Capsicum an alt?
    I think it was revealed just before the last forum closed, but I have no idea who 'fessed up to it. I think several people claimed to be Spartacus, as it were. So, er, maybe?

Don't ruin the dream! Next thing you'll be telling me it wasn't really Sean Bean posting.

If Capsicum was an alt though, were they still eating all that food for real?
  • For the sake of clarity.
    Only one person has been banned, and it's not Unlikely, krs or Skrat.
  • I think a newbie should submit their application in full along with a carefully worded essay "bears vs badgers, which one is better and why does my finger smell funny?"

After that stage we then carefully vet them before accepting them to a Stock. 
    At which point they pass a series of physical trials for our amusement.
    Then we just deny that person entry anyway.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    For the sake of clarity. Only one person has been banned, and it's not Unlikely, krs or Skrat.

OK, I was just surprised to see skerret mentioned earlier. I'm aware of the one case and shall leave it there.
  • I think a newbie should submit their application in full along with a carefully worded essay "bears vs badgers, which one is better and why does my finger smell funny?"

After that stage we then carefully vet them before accepting them to a Stock. 
    At which point they pass a series of physical trials for our amusement.
    Then we just deny that person entry anyway.

This gets my vote.
    Vela wrote:
    Sasukekun wrote:
    For the sake of clarity. Only one person has been banned, and it's not Unlikely, krs or Skrat.

OK, I was just surprised to see skerret mentioned earlier. I'm aware of the one case and shall leave it there.

It's just a laugh. Someone says 'xxx got banned' someone goes 'What? Really' (happens everytime) and then everyone plays along with the stories becoming more and more ridiculous.
  • I've been had!

Also, fwiw and on topic with the thread, smaller communities are better for conversation, but the risk is for some real narkiness that can get very much out of control. I've been there before elsewhere and some of the banter in the console discussion makes me a bit uncomfortable - but then again I don't know who knows who in those threads so it may just be IRL in-jokes carrying across.
  • didn't there used to be more scottish people here? Have they all had liver failure?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    There's still a fair few ain't there?
  • mk64 wrote:
    didn't there used to be more scottish people here? Have they all had liver failure?

Maybe they seceded and started up www.theadderandvole.sco ?
  • this place is great.  i've been here since day one of B+B, was in the Edge forum for a little bit before that... and i still have no idea what's going on! :)
    so it's no doubt tricky for new blood to work out what's happening, but if they don't want to put in the hard miles then fuck 'em!

does my apprenticeship end soon?  i've been to a stock now too!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • mk64 wrote:
    didn't there used to be more scottish people here?

This always confused me when I originally signed up for Maroon forums.  I assumed everyone knew each other beforehand but it actually turned out it was just a coincidence they were all from Scotland.  We had loads of people from Newcastle too!  All very odd.

I think.
  • We stopped paying you a long time ago Ram. You can go back to the Gamespot forums now.
    ;)
  • Can we stop with the doge thing please.
    There's enough dog Jokes on here as it is.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • weadre wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    It's his fault I'm here, you know.

Haha, hey dude. Hope you don't hold it against me!

It got me off the Second Life forums, so I'll let it slide.

Pissed of I can't make it down this weekend, it's been too long.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    A newcomer need not worry too much about the whole myths and legends thing that is woven throughout the community. Quite often I have no idea what people are talking about - at times it's like trying to play an import game and following the story. For example, pictures of Jeff Goldblum and bears pop up from time to time; and I have an at best slippery notion as to their meaning.

One shouldn't worry too much about that though. Embrace it. It is a very British community and so the sense of humour will be pretty inpenetrable to many.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!