Welcome to fat fighters.. 2020 .. Double Digits..
  • More fasting?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Calories in < calories out, donezo.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Fasting would be an easy way to do it.

And veg up and fat or carb or both down.

To get the calorie deficit. If you like feeling physically full the vegging up makes the calorie deficit easier.

Maybe do some cardio?

Weight training's not going to do much for weight loss in comparison me thinks.

For fat loss HIIT is good, and supposedly medium chain fatty acids prior to intense exercise (e.g. coconut, cheese, salmon), as that also promotes fat burning.

I previously wrote about all sorts of other things you can do too, like some apple cider vinegar diluted in water before meals, and half a grapefruit before meals, keeping carbs and fats separate, eating veg first, having some fibre/veg in your stomach before eating, like an apple 30 mins before main meal etc.

There's lots you can do to influence your actual processing of food, and storage or utilisation of fat. So it's not just eat less calories, although that obviously works too.

E.g. eat an apple, wait, then eat nuts, wait, then eat some carbs - would likely lead to less calorie storage than:
    eat carbs and nuts together, wait, then eat apple

The actual calories in the food's the same, but second example would likely leave you more hungry and storing more fat.

I like to eat, so I find stuff like that helps. I like to fast too though, it's addictive.
    Hi Hosting - Fast and Reliable UK Web Hosting
    We host a number of bears and badgers, get in touch if want a website too!
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Cardio wise I do about 15k a week running, plus core stability stuff, plus some light weights. But yeah, I'm a fatty, I'll just eat less.
  • Im struggling now walking today. Started back on squats on Wednesday. Oh I say poor legs. I've been recommended the Shortcut To Size plan and it looks pretty good. Gonna start Monday.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yeah day 2 and 3 always a killer if you haven't done legs in a while. Keep walking :-)
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I ran a 42-minute 8k tonight (~53-min 10k pace). Since I only run about 5 mpw at most these days, I'm quite pleased with that.
  • Good effort.  I've been struggling to get out much in the last couple of weeks so trying to do a few short runs on consecutive days to get back in the swing.  Today was day 3.  Tomorrow will probably not be day 4.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I've just started adding longer runs (my weekly regular's 2.2 miles), so I have to be careful about injuries. I gave myself four days off last week for a blood blister. I read about wearing two pairs of socks to reduce friction, and that seems to help. It makes my shoes comfier, anyway.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Two pairs of socks can work, thinner on the inside with a sport sock on the out.  It would be better for you to get a trainer that fitted better though, as you shouldn't really be getting blisters running those kind of distances.
  • So 

DDP Yoga.

I signed up to a sub today.
    I need to get exercising, running isnt for me. 3 months works out a bit more than one month's gym membership so I thought fuck it.
    I have been keen on trying something like yoga anyway.

I did all the Beginner Beginner tutorials today, takes about 45 minutes.
    That set is an intro to the basic moves, throughout he uses chairs for support and says if you don't need them you can start on the Beginner 1.0  section. I didnt use chairs but stuck with it. It is actually a very good workout, I feel as if I have done a good hour at the gym but without aches and pains. The time went really quickly and I actually enjoyed doing it, something I would never say about the gym. 
    DDP wont be for everyone but I found his instruction to be useful, encouraging and he always makes a point of showing multiple ways of doing the same move that will make it either easier or harder so you can keep up and ensure you are still pushing.

Honestly it's just nice to have hopefully found a form of exercise I enjoy.

I also realise how much I negated the Yoga by having what I done had in the Now Eating fred.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Two pairs of socks can work, thinner on the inside with a sport sock on the out.  It would be better for you to get a trainer that fitted better though, as you shouldn't really be getting blisters running those kind of distances.

As a midfoot striker, it's hard to find low-drop shoes with heavy cushioning. My Brooks were much kinder to my feet, but they applied too much braking force through my knees. My current pair are Sauconys, and they're really nice apart from their lack of forefoot cushioning. Living on the Mendips, we've only hilly, uneven, and hard roads.

I'd like something like Asics' Kayanos, just with a more neutral drop.
  • So  DDP Yoga. I signed up to a sub today. I need to get exercising, running isnt for me. 3 months works out a bit more than one month's gym membership so I thought fuck it. I have been keen on trying something like yoga anyway. I did all the Beginner Beginner tutorials today, takes about 45 minutes. That set is an intro to the basic moves, throughout he uses chairs for support and says if you don't need them you can start on the Beginner 1.0  section. I didnt use chairs but stuck with it. It is actually a very good workout, I feel as if I have done a good hour at the gym but without aches and pains. The time went really quickly and I actually enjoyed doing it, something I would never say about the gym.  DDP wont be for everyone but I found his instruction to be useful, encouraging and he always makes a point of showing multiple ways of doing the same move that will make it either easier or harder so you can keep up and ensure you are still pushing. Honestly it's just nice to have hopefully found a form of exercise I enjoy. I also realise how much I negated the Yoga by having what I done had in the Now Eating fred.

I've not done DDP Yoga, but from the little yoga i have done it's a really good workout.  My bro 'lent' me some P90X videos, and i remember thinking i'd try the yoga one 'cos that will be a bit easier than the strength ones'....i think i had to stop after about 15 minutes!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • The DDP Yoga have dvds or it all website based? Is that the Diamond Dallas Page yoga perchance?

My fat fighting crusade is up and down. On the plus side the gym program seems to be doing some good, my stomach is flattening a little and Im actually dropping some fat(and feeling strong quickly) but my eating......its not good. Eating far too many treats. I need to get back on the healthy eating band wain big time. Im eating plenty of fruit etc but i need to cut the junk.
  • It is indeed the Dallas Page stuff.
    If you got to the website it is region 0 dvds only.

The way to get it here is to subscribe. Download the app for free then choose subscription plan (I went for 3 months at £36 total).
    Once registered you can use the app to access everything. You will also receive an email with a link to the proper website where you can login and get all the same as the app.

The app delivers a lot more than the dvds as well. If you have a heart rate monitor you can link it, you get a various weekly plans that can be customized, live videos, nutritional videos. You can also input and track weight, height, heart rates, blood sugar data.
    I have done a few days of it and personally have found it to be superb. Before subscribing I looked at reviews and many said while P90 is good DDP matches it at top end but is much better at easing you in.

One thing he does exceptionally well is providing variations on moves to lower or raise difficulty. This means once you have done the intro video (The Diamond Dozen) you should be able to follow any workout.

I feel like it is working for me, being over 6 foot I have developed a bit of a hunch over the years, my posture is improving already.

Anyway, I'm on a break from here now so will report back in a few weeks.
  • 8V7nveL.jpg
    Have been at the gym regularly for about a year now, minus the 5 weeks off I had to recover from my rhinoplasty. Just got the stomach flab to get rid of. I realise now I have rather large hips so getting that V taper is going to be tough/impossible. Just have to work the shit out of my lats from now until eternity.
  • Your legs seem to have gone missing.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Never miss stump day.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Short trousers, see.
  • Couple of weeks back some goon stole a car  and  rammed it into the entrance to my gym and set the car(and thus the gym) on fire. The gym is still not repaired so Im now 3 weeks without working out. So back to the start of my 12 week programme I guess. Sigh.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Find a hill and sprint up it ten times, do this three times a week.
  • I concur.
  • and every time something annoys you to the point you want to write about it in the 101 things thread, do 10 press-ups.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Do them properly though:

Flair.jpg
  • and every time something annoys you to the point you want to write about it in the 101 things thread, do 10 press-ups.
    Fuck that! I'd never stop doing press ups.
  • So I'm 3 weeks into DDP yoga.
    I'm starting to notice a difference. Fat loss isn't huge but toning is noticable and my core strength has definitely gone up.
    Currently doing 3 sessions a week of around 30 minutes each. Want to up it but my current work is pretty demanding and has 2 hours of commuting a day, plus other work in the evenings, I'm just too tired to do anymore.

That being said 30 minutes of this easily feels like an hour at the gym.Burns about 350 calories while working pretty much every muscle in the body and limbs. In that respect I feel I prefer it to just pumping iron.

As for the programme. Well you have access to a hell of a lot of workouts that you don't use as it isn't your level.
    3 weeks in and the programme has just given me my second workout to do. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as now I know that workout I don't need to look at the screen and can focus on form.

Still a long way off this...

Edit: will fix when back on a pc
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Do them properly though: Flair.jpg
    That can't be right I just did some of those and they're much harder.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Better for your shoulders though, targets the pecs a bit more effectively.

I've been doing decline diamonds, that's where it's at.
  • I felt like I was making good fitness progress with the pt at work and then I went and bride my collarbone. I'm actually looking forward to getting back into the gym once I'm healed.
    I think if anything for me I just need to work on my diet.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Energy out > energy in, apply as needed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!