Welcome to fat fighters.. 2020 .. Double Digits..
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    There isn't any need for fancy recipes really. Wifey made Irish Stew this evening which going by the rules we can eat until it's coming out of our ears - same for the made from scratch chilli we had last night. Have to dodge the garlic bread though. Not a massive loss - we can take a piece but we have to ration it on a points system called syns.

We have a daily ration of milk/cheese and bread. You can go over the ration but you count that as syns too. I haven't bothered and stuck to the ration which is fine. You can take a small amount of more or less anything which is great because then you don't feel you are missing out on anything.

There's a few mad things like croissants that are loaded with calories which really should be avoided but most things can be taken in moderation.

Alcohol is a problem but again can be converted to syns. If I forgo treats I can have 4 measures of whiskey a day if I wanted for example. Beer is a bit of a nightmare though and best avoided if you want to lose weight at any appreciable rate.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Ho hum... despite doing the same thing I had no weight loss this week.... Will need to think hard as I must have done something wrong.

Still motivated though. I feel a hell of a lot better whatever it is I'm doing.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I'm in a similar position by the sounds of it, Davy. After an initial burst and reasonable weight loss over a few months in 2014 I've been up and down as my willpower fluctuates.

I also used SW with the lady and I do think it's good providing you can be strict with how you cook - using certain oils can undo other good work for example. Once you have a good understanding of what counts as syns, I found I can be less regimented about it on a daily basis and essentially balance out the syns over the course of a week and that works well.

Not 'official' of course but I think using SW as a base to find what works best for you might be an option.

Anyway, I've been at a relatively constant weight the last few months but making another push to hit the gym more regularly now to make a real effort to shift the timber long term. Also for general health reasons too as I've no doubt it will get harder for me the longer I leave it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    5lb off this week - so that's 10lbs in 3 weeks. 

What is surprising with this scheme is my general lack of hunger. Last week I was eating the right stuff but too much between meals. This week I haven't felt the need. What is also surprising is an absence of sweet cravings. Really weird for me. Not missing bread or cheese  either which were always my downfall. Long may it continue though I'm sure I'll hit a wall at some point.

Thing is - I can actually have bread and cheese if I really want - just have to be careful with it so if the craving does hit I'd be better sating it straight away instead of trying to hold out and then gorging.

Am off the booze too though I can have about 4 whiskeys a day if I wanted so I can do that instead of beer. To be honest though I'm not missing it so I'll stay dry until the silly season kicks off in 3 weeks or so.

Tentative confidence. Have started to notice some shirts feeling looser etc.
  • Nice work!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Nice one Davy.

I've gone down a belt buckle hole thingy in the last couple of months which is nice. Just been exercising more and eating less. If I don't have tennis or climbing that day then I'll go to the gym. Also been riding to work at least one day a week which is 19km each way.
    I usually just eat 2 meals a day really and have been mostly good with not snacking. Not as much anyway.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    C I C O B O Y E S
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Calories in, cocks out, boys.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Close enough.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Cocks in, calories out. My mistake.
  • Fat has more calories, so yeah, get rid of that man fat.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Another 5lbs off this week.

Am stunned. Will be interesting to see how long this continues with my current eating pattern. Over a stone gone now. Under 20st for first time in nearly 3 years.
  • Amazing stuff Davy, well done. Keep at it and don’t get disheartened if you have a blip in the other direction (especially with festive period coming up).
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Come on Davy!!! You da man!

I keep meaning to cut down on my calorie intake to try and get rid of the gut. But I love eating. I was hoping to pack on lots of muscle and make the guy look relatively smaller. Alas, I don’t seem to be packing on much. So maybe calorie restriction is needed after all.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Cheers lads.

I have every intention of eating what I want for a couple of days over Christmas and taking the hit for it. I have a couple of events in December as well that may rock the boat and affect progress. Will have to hang tough before and after those times to minimise damage.

I'm also not taking any drink at the minute. Not missing it but that will become difficult in December.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Only lost 1lb last week but better than nothing. Not sure why as I was doing the same thing as previous weeks.

Have had a Guinness night this week so not sure what result I'll get on Wednesday. Have been sticking  to the plan otherwise.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Possibly.

As long as the trend is downward I need to keep the faith. There's a guy at the weekly weigh in who has lost nearly 8 stone so it must work.

It isn't gimmicky or anything - I'm just not eating crap food, making dinners from scratch, and avoiding the usual forbidden stuff that anyone knows should be avoided or at least eaten only occasionally as a treat.
  • 1lb a week is a good progression. Weight loss is about changing your own relationship with food and establishing a long term habit.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah. I'm at week six now (I think). I have no real cravings for the bad food of old. 

I don't miss bread and I don't miss cheese. These aren't banned in my regime as I need a daily dairy and roughage quota (which I get from my breakfast cereal with milk). I really thought I would miss cheese - have had a tiny amount of it.

I'm eating a lot more vegetables, particularly the salad/leaf variety and am enjoying food more than I ever had. I take small amount of high % cocoa chocolate when the notion takes and am enjoying that with coffee (Nespresso machine which is the one with the pure ground coffee in the capsule).

I honestly believe that this regime is for the longer term and as long as I trend a loss I don't mind how quickly or slowly it happens.

The main thing is I am not hungry between meals - no snacking. I am no longer a slave to my stomach. Long may that continue.

I've been off the drink though. Had a fair few pints of black stuff on Friday night so it will be interesting to see how that has impacted on me this week.

Out on the tear this Friday too - lunchtime onwards affair.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Booze will fuck you, no doubt about it. Keep up the good work though Davy.
  • What breakfast cereal are you having? Most are full of salt and (worse for weight) sugar. Have a decent muesli or porridge or something. Oats are your friend.  Very gradual energy release and low insulin spike.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Good advice.

I tend to get this:

IDShot_225x225.jpg

It's tasty enough and has no added sugar or salt, and it's fairly cheap.
  • Aye, I used to have that. Now I spend a bit more money and get the Rude Health ones. The coconut and seeds one is the lowest in sugars I’ve found, has seeds goodness, is gluten free if that’s your thing, and tastes great. A tad expensive but nowadays I’m ok spending little bit more on food and less and less on games and shit. Your body is a temple etc etc.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    What breakfast cereal are you having? Most are full of salt and (worse for weight) sugar. Have a decent muesli or porridge or something. Oats are your friend.  Very gradual energy release and low insulin spike.

Weetabix or Shredded Wheat. I take semi-skimmed milk. With the regime I am following I have to take fruit with it. So I've been having raspberries or strawberries with that. They are known as "fast" foods and the requirement is that every meal is at least one third fast. Apples, pears, oranges are fast too. Blueberries aren't - you can take those but the claim is you won't get the same result. I suspect fast foods are low calorie high nutrition.

Fast food is more or less any vegetable and most fruit. And you can have unlimited amounts with unlimited lean meat of any kind.

Anyhow 3.5lbs off this week. Total of 20lbs off in 6 weeks. And on Friday night past I was in the pub for at least 6 hours - so probably 10-12 pints and I had 3 or 4 whiskeys on top of that. So I'm delighted with that result.

With the regime you have a daily ration of sin foods (sweets, biscuits, booze etc.) I usually don't use my whole ration but this week I didn't take any of my ration for the other 6 days and that strategy seems to have counteracted against the one night of booze. Still need to be careful though. This Friday coming is a half day job and will be a car crash. I suspect the Christmas Market Beer tent will get a rattle at some point......
  • Doing really well Davy! Keep it up mate.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Weetabix then Shredded Wheat are the least sinful of all the boxed cereals. I used to be all about the weetabix but I’ve switched to muesli, far better. 

Weird about blueberries. I’ve read that berries are the best fruits to have, so raspberries and strawberries are great, but thought blue were part of same sub-category.

Anyway. Keep up the great work, love reading about it.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Aye - always thought blueberries were amongst the super foods. I still take them and add them to the strawberries and raspberries for a bit of variety. They are rated a free food.

December will be a rocky old month. I have this Friday's indulgence and one other night out mid December but I'm keeping it down to that. So Christmas Day and New Year's Eve are the other two banana skins but I'll indulge on those occasions and revert to normal the rest of the time. Hopefully will get out the other side unscathed.

The sweet tins will start appearing in the office from next week too I suspect (as a manager I usually plonk several down myself so I'm to blame as much as anyone else). Very easy to go through your ration lifting one or two sweets every time you pass by. Will need to watch that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!