Welcome to fat fighters.. 2020 .. Double Digits..
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Cut carbs not fat. Fat is the one true god.

No, I meant cut my fat. With a knife. (Just kidding)

And yes it’s carbs I cut where I can but it’s still overall about the calorie intake.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Not a fat fighting thing really but I ditched caffeine entirely back in December and am feeling much better for it now for whatever reason.

Oh man, as much as I think I should cut caffeine out, I just fucking love coffee too much.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Turns out I only really need an approximation of the taste, so decaff it's been.

Was much harder to nix Coke Zero.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    Was much harder to nix Coke Zero.

Why and why?
  • Fuck knows.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Sugar is the enemy.

Since my weight loss efforts starting in October, I have also laid off the Coke Zero even though my regime allows it. I just don't want it any more. Have the odd one. It's probably to do with generally weaning off sugar.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Don't think I've mentioned this... though maybe I have I unno. I've adopted keto (<20g carbs, high fat high protein, IF and CICO in effect) and goodness me it works a treat. Lost some strength initially in a few lifts which seems to be coming back slowly but dropped 3kg fat in a month and am never hungry unless it's been ages since I've eaten. Mentally sharper and sleeping much better too. Good! Just made some linseed and almond meal crackers to have with cheese and they're quite good.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Don’t you need the carbs for muscle protein synthesis?

Edit: except of course you’re in cutting and not bulking.
  • Re: Coke Zero, does it not have dodgy sweeteners like aspartame and sucralose? I wouldn’t have it regularly, those sweeteners may not be bad in calories and weight sense etc but they are killers too.
  • Sugar free, but don't they induce an insulin response? Any, I steer clear of all that shit.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Mm, avoid those if possible.

@elf yep, though more of a recomp.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I’m building up to Keto. Using Keto reset thing.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Another 4.5lbs off this week.

Total is 2 st 8 lbs in 13 weeks. Glad to get the Christmas bump out of the way. Lighter than I have been in a decade. Next target is my wedding weight - somewhere between 1 and 1.5 st away. That would be 22 years ago.

Starting to think of getting a doctor's appointment as I am currently on medication for blood pressure. Need to see if the weight loss has lessened that requirement. Don't want to pass out or something because of low blood pressure. Apparently I'm on a very low dosage but one can't be too careful.
  • Good work Davy.

I'm still dry so far this month. Well and truly over the hump of it now.
    Going to stay dry until The Superbowl on Feb 4th, then look to severely cut back after that rather than all out ban.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm dry for another week - going to Donegal for 2 nights weekend after next.
  • Doing great Davy!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Thanks to Live I've started the old DDP Yoga.

Please kill me.
  • Nice one Davy and Live and Dante!

2018 is the year bois.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • What's DDP stand for and how is it different to normal yoga?

I've lost more weight from cutting down on sole calories.  Was encouraging at the last weigh-in to see bodyfat %age down.  Today though, % gone up slightly, and apparently muscle mass gone down a bit too.  So I think I need to up my protein intake.
  • DDP the wrestler innit. It's normal yoga but adapted to make insecure guys not feel gay when they are doing it. Joke warning, that was joke!!!!

Ditch the weigh ins Elf, just eat your stuff and lift your weights you don't need no numbers to tell you you am a handsome and swole badger.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Rouj isn't a mile off with his joke.

DDP Yoga was started by the wrestler DDP (Diamond Dallas Page).
    He was forced into retirement with multiple injuries, I believe his back being the worst. Fairly common for wrestlers and many of them turn to drugs and alcohol.
    Instead DDP found Yoga which cured him of his ailments.
    He obviously wanted to share it with his friends and former colleagues but knew there was no way they would buy into the wafty shit so he dropped that used language and motivation more familiar to his world.

He uses muscle resistance a lot more than other Yoga, the idea is you are always trying to fight your muscles against themselves, like moving through treacle.
    I would say the workouts are generally shorter and more intense as well because of this and chopping off a lot of the spiritual stuff that book ends regular Yoga workouts.

A real advantage though is that due to it's inception there is a large focus on the tag line "anyone can do it". So there are routines for all levels plus routines for pregnant women.
    He also demonstrates early on how you can use a chair to support yourself if you are super unfit or have an injury. He  regularly shows how to modify moves to make them easier for beginners or even make them harder if finding it too easy, he also has people in the background doing these modified moves.

I really liked it when I was on it and am thinking of signing up again.

DDP is quite fun as well, I had to take my cynical cap off and then found him to be really motivating and encouraging.
  • Deep double penetration.
  • You would probably need Yoga like flexibility for that.
  • Thanks guys. Will look into it. Done Pilates in past, wouldn’t mind giving some yoga a go at some point. 

@Rouj, cheers, I’ll try not put too much importance on weigh ins! How I look in mirror is better judging I guess. :)
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    What's DDP stand for and how is it different to normal yoga? I've lost more weight from cutting down on sole calories.  Was encouraging at the last weigh-in to see bodyfat %age down.  Today though, % gone up slightly, and apparently muscle mass gone down a bit too.  So I think I need to up my protein intake.

DDP is Diamond Dallas Paige, a former wrestler. He developed it to help himself be able to wrestle again after rupturing two spinal discs. A lot of athletes use it to combat pain from injuries sustained in sports. It fixes a lot of joint and spine issues. Whilst I don't have any pain issues, I've got severely limited flexibility compared to a few years ago, and I've had a occasional issue with my back.
  • i just ate 3 sausage rolls
  • Have you done your first workout yet Dante?
  • Go for 4!

But I'd have to get up! 

Honestly though, gym/work stuff is number one on my list of things to get. Ev keeps me good because she makes healthy food, we just both eat too much of it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!