Welcome to fat fighters.. 2020 .. Double Digits..
  • I've lost a stone and a half over 3 months by not eating dinner and increasing my alcohol intake. It's not good. I'm happy with my weight now (11st) but I know I'm horrendously unfit; zero exercise, tabs, booze. I think new year will have to see me back on the e-cig and reducing booze to weekends. And eating properly.
  • davyK wrote:
    Aye - always thought blueberries were amongst the super foods. I still take them and add them to the strawberries and raspberries for a bit of variety. They are rated a free food.

December will be a rocky old month. I have this Friday's indulgence and one other night out mid December but I'm keeping it down to that. So Christmas Day and New Year's Eve are the other two banana skins but I'll indulge on those occasions and revert to normal the rest of the time. Hopefully will get out the other side unscathed.

The sweet tins will start appearing in the office from next week too I suspect (as a manager I usually plonk several down myself so I'm to blame as much as anyone else). Very easy to go through your ration lifting one or two sweets every time you pass by. Will need to watch that.

PT
  • Aye, I know you're going through a hell of a time personally Nick, but you really should try and look after yourself better.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah I know man, and thanks. Genuinely will try to at least reduce cigs and alcohol, plus eat healthy. A killer atm is free, never ending booze at work, a strong drinking culture and no reason to get home early. I think I've been an everyday drinker for the last few months and I shudder at what it's doing to my insides. Gotta hit that shit on the head and lose weight the right way.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The cigs are probably the greatest problem. Absolute killer. My brother is a stubborn, strong willed bastard but it took him several attempts over many years to kick it. Chest pains he had 3 years ago were his wake up call (his cholestrol was off the scale) and he has kicked the habit. Got his cholesterol back down to sensible limits too.

I am so glad I never smoked. My addictive personality would have meant I'd probably never kick them. The one thing I did in my favour when I was younger healthwise was never take them up.

Drinking will only lower the resolve re trying to kick the cigs. And drinking instead of eating is hammering your liver. You'd be better eating as well as drinking as a small weight gain would be better than what's happening now.

Stopping smoking usually results in weight gain anyhow as you eat to substitute. You could try kicking both drink and cigs at the same time but that probably has a low chance of success - drinking and eating would be far better than drinking and smoking.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I gave up cigs for ~3 years, was on an e-cig and found it pretty easy (well, occasional tab if out drinking, but we're talking one or two a month). I got back on the cigs after some real-life bullshit flared up. My intention there is to get back on the e-cig at xmas as it's not fair to smoke around my mam.

Solid advice all round though - I've been eating dinner again for the last few weeks now but I think my stomach has shrunk a shit load, I get full very quickly. At least I'm pretty much eating something three times a day now though, even if it's just a sandwich in the evening. People at work have commented that I look like I've lost a fair whack of weight, which ain't good.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Cereals are bulllllshit but then so is brekkie eh labels lying to us
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I have breakfast 3x a week. Just to feed the mind a bit as well as cos it’s morning after gym sesh and I don’t wanna be too catabolic at that point, right? Dunno, I’m kmaiung it up as I go along.

Edit: kmaiung? Making!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Nah it's fine, whatever works for you. Just the notion that breakfast is vital as perpetuated by cereal companies is bollocks.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Most cereals are criminally high in sugar. It's really rather disgraceful.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yus it is.
  • Never eaten breakfast, ever. I just have a coffee until lunch. I was wolverine dieting and I didn't know it.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's what keeps me trim
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I like breakfast, yogurt, granola and coffee on weekdays, whatever I feel like on weekends, but that's usually more a brunch.

Still struggling getting a good balance with dinner, I could eat pretty high calorie /carbs meal when training with the PT last year, even the occasional fast food wasn't a problem. I'm training less now (gonna add an extra day soon), but still feel like snacking too easily. I don't have much stocked at home, so that's fine, but as soon as I go out there's temptation everywhere. I try to only go for groceries after I've had something to eat, but that doesn't help that much. Stupid Trader Joe's and their stash of stroopwafels right near the till.
  • I hear trader Joe's is the trading name for Aldi in the states. I feel for ya, aldi have mad tier cheese, meats and wine.
  • Aldi and Lidl are the toppest of tier cheese and meat outfit.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Hm, I remember Aldi as having everything in their shipping boxes, nothing was put on the shelves and that was one of the reasons they were cheap.
    Trader Joe's looks very hip, almost everything is their own brand (just different package mainly), fairly basic selection but all healthy etc.

They do have the good cheeses, meats, decent bears and Wines, chocolate and cakes though. So basically all the good stuff.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    decent bears and Wines
    YES
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Haha, thought I had fixed that, was bears and wives earlier.
  • I still have the usual bad habits so still cuddly.
    A big difference this year though is walking Clay. I walk him 3-4 miles every day and once or twice a week go on a big walk up to 6 miles.
    I have noticed a big difference in my fitness and especially my breathing.

I used to end a walk quite puffy but now I will do the same route and it won't phase me at all.

Some more improvements to be made in the new year still. Q1 I plan to cut back on the booze a lot and lose the love handles they bring, with the aim to look passable in a wet suit as there is a wakeboarding place a few miles away that I want to try out around Easter time.
  • The wife and I have eaten a whole tub of Hero's over the last few days. Mental. She is a bad influence; I wouldn't even have such things in the house.

I'm not in bad shape by any means, but it's just that last weakness of chocolate/sugar that keeps that last little flubber hanging around.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I have a bite of 70% dark choc after a meal. Always feel like I need something sweet. Or a Palestinian medjool date.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I have a bite of 70% dark choc after a meal. Always feel like I need something sweet. Or a Palestinian medjool date.

I've lost this feeling. After lunch I might have a boiled sweet or two but that's it really.

When I have the notion for chocolate a coffee makes it go further and it's high % I take. JD Gross or Lindt.
  • Lindt or G&B for me. Currently rocking G&B’s new Velvet range.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Not a fan of G&B I have to admit - at least not their plain range. I think they may have too much vanilla in their blend.

They have some nice favoured ones though.

JD Gross can be found in Lidl. Great range. Their 81% is my prime choice but that's hard to find. They have a nice 70% and some flavoured ranges too.
  • I only go for flavoured. Orange my fave
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    With you on orange. Mint is a another weakness of mine.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Another 5.5lbs off this week - I'm now the lightest I have been in over 3 years.

Stunned. I was out last Friday for a Christmas Lunch - it was a sit down meal so I selected sensible starter and main and dodged dessert - but the beer and wine were flowing and I did't hold back. There was a Cointreau coffee with cream which kind of wiped out the fact I dodged dessert. Got home at 10pm.

I hung tough the rest of the week though so it's comforting to know I can do that and still lose.
  • Nice one little Davy!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!