Anime and Manga
  • @Tempy: cheers. Thought crime stuff, eh? Sounds good, I'll have to check it out. 

Still have Full Metal Alchemist to watch at some point, a mate recommended that a long time ago.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    Can anyone tell me what kill la kill is please? A few people mentioning it on the twitter.
    Tempy wrote:
    Fan service filled anime by Trigger. Starts strong, descends into a pile of twaddle by the billionth twist in the thread as it transitions into the second half. Watched all of it but was thoroughly cruise controlling the last 6 or so episodes and actually can't remember how it ended.

Yeah... I started watching it.

I got 3 episodes in, but it was too silly for me to enjoy thoroughly, though in it's extremity has it's moments. I won't lie though... 

I enjoyed what I'd seen of it more than I did Space Dandy...

@Elf - Psycho Pass is really good. I also liked Chaika... 
    Chaika's like a Final Fantasy game with no controls. :]
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It's OK to not enjoy anything because everything is shit.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Quality over quantity.

The absence of abundance in one place just frees up time to look into others. It's a good-ass life I tell ye.
  • Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I really enjoyed both seasons of Gin no Saji.
    It gets a high recommendation from me. Not that that's much to crow about.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I started watching Death Parade and it's all sorts of fucked up.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Yeah I'm kinda liking that one too.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I've just finished SAO 2 and much preferred the first series. I need to find something else with sword fighting in. Claymore, Afro Samurai, and Samurai Champloo have been viewed already so what else can I look for?

Pretty sure I've seen Samurai Deeper Kyo and I remember one with a bloke with no  legs but that could've been Kyo.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Bought a few volumes of various manga to try stuff out (will post impressions when I'm finished) but now I have the nightmare of trying to source copies of the slightly older stuff before they disappear forever. I've grabbed all the volumes of Golgo 13 (which started in 2006 - had to grab volume 3 from a smaller retailer, don't think I could have left that any later). But the favourite thing I've bought so far is The Drops of God - but volume 4 has gone out of print and the remaining copies seem to have vanished off the face of the Earth. Not sure what I'm going to do there.
  • Scanlation scene?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    They actually do official ebooks so it's not hard to get a digital copy via some means, I just like having the physical one. I've found a copy on an American store and with postage it's just over double the cover price, which is expensive but at least the money's going to a retailer that isn't price gouging.
  • Quick one, is there a copyright issue wrt taking any of the readily available manga art and putting into a medium I want to keep?
  • Just ordered uzamaki 3 in 1 hard back.
  • I watched Tale of Princess Kaguya over the weekend. Granted its based on an established Jap folk tale (which I would dig anyway) but as it was directed by Takahata, whose other works can be quite lovely, I gave it a go.

It was alright. Took a while to get used to the art style, which is in Jap water colour painting or whatever. Tale itself didn't feel too special. Some usual Ghibli/Takahata eco enviro stuff in there. But what it did was make me realise that that weird alien girl part in Okami is quite possibly based on this same folk tale!

I'd love to replay Okami, one of my all time faves, but alas its so bloody long and I don't have the time nowadays.
  • It is based on it, yes: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tale_of_the_Bamboo_Cutter

Large swathes of Okami are based on Japanese folklore, from Susano-no to the Kitsune etc
  • Yea and that 9-tailed fox demon etc. The whole game must've been a real labour of love but unfotuntaely a lot of it would've been lost on non-Japs or those like me who don't know much Jap folklore.
  • The 9 tailed fox is the Kitsune, to hammer home your point elegantly (specifically Kitsune is used in English to refer to Japanese folklore foxes)

Anyway I just learned all this by googling guff about Okami one day
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    "Rao hentai Okami tits"
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I remember reading an animal about a zombie apocalypse where the main guy was a geeky type with a double barreled shotgun. Does anyone know the name? I could do with seeing if there's some new episodes. He'd just reached a gun store but it was trashed.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I am a hero. Sometimes I'm just lazy and then it turns out a quick Google shows it straight away.
  • ...aaand you keep it to yourself.... Typical!
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Insert Fry meme here.

It's called I Am The Hero but I get ad-spammed when trying to read it on Mangafox.
  • Sup Subs, been a while feels like.

That is a good-ass comic book.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yo. I've less and less time to play games recently so haven't been participating much.

Usually it's about Netrunner, which I am massively into at the moment.
  • Hello, this is a thing apparently. Some of you may be interested. I literally just started watching this on Netflix the other week. Aside from the the fucking weak ass cliche lead characters the concept seemed pretty good. 

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I quite like it and the specials, not sure why, but I gotta a little love for it.

Also watching Gatchaman Insight, again not sure why, but Crowds didn't make me vomit quite like I thought it might.

Need to make time for the new DBZ movie & series seeing Toriyama is back on board, fuck the haters.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Hello, this is a thing apparently. Some of you may be interested. I literally just started watching this on Netflix the other week. Aside from the the fucking weak ass cliche lead characters the concept seemed pretty good. 

Wasn't really a fan, but it's very easy on the eye...
    Feels like the Anime equivalent of Heroes, I thought.

Just finished watching Akame Ga Kil... I'm in no rush to recommend it.

Think I'll watch Psychopass 2 next (and the movie too), but really wish there was another show like Ping Pong the Animation out there. I really enjoyed that.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Anyone who missed Kurosagi start up they're running an omnibus edition...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1616557540?keywords=kurosagi omnibus&qid=1439305733&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

I imagine 5 volumes per set...I've just finished 14 which was embargoed for almost 3 years.

Anyway, it's great, funny, shocking, and stuff- no doubt carrying a social commentary on Japan too.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Also started Attack on Titan on netflix.

Thoroughly enjoyable.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!