Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The Top 10 episodes of Love Hina that will make you a stud
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    I'm afraid your son is diagnosed with autism. Have you tried Japanese pop culture?

Post of the month. Well played sir.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Visited Sweden for a few days while over in Copenhagen (Malmo being a quick bridge trip over water) and it turns out a guy I met there last September and completely geeked out with over Bloodborne and Old Hunters hype is halfway through hormone therapy to change gender. Good for him.

Anyway the reason I'm posting this here is that him and a Swedish lass we know cosplayed together at the recent NärCon as Bon Kurei and Emporio Ivankov from One Piece. Both of whom are cross dressers and the latter has the power to use his/her fingers to inject gender switching hormones into opponents. I can't stop giggling every time I think about it.
  • Bollockoff wrote:

Well trolled that Beeb.
  • Having just finished the 1997 series of Berserk, and thinking it was bloody excellent, I was a bit excited to learn there was a new one currently on now. This excitement was misplaced. It's really not very good. The CGI looks rubbish, the new comic relief character is irritating, the music is fucking dire (metal and OTT dramatic). The subtleties and tension in the 1997 one are now non-existent. Very disappointed.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yeah for the most part bang on. They did an alright job of Zodd's debut appearance but nay follow-up.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It's humbling when you start realising all the Berserk refs in Japanese shiz. I only just made the link last week that the orb pickups from Devil May Cry are literally behelits.
  • Haven't seen Berserk. Will watch. 

I just put on Freedom. 6 parts mini series. Or 7. Anyone else seen it?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Has anyone got any supa dupa sci fi anime to recommend? Is the art of Knights of Sidonia as good as the manga (the only reason I'd watch it). Otherwise something that isn't a daft harem thing would be great
  • No it's fucking boggin' 3D rendered but realised as 2D shite.

Space Dandy is the best space anime there's been for a while
  • Lame. Seen Space Dandy, good show, the episode with the rendering of Pavane for a Dead Princess was great as was the bonkers plantlife one but it fails to stay consistent unfortunately. When I see people listing best sci fi anime it's all Planetes (seen), Gantz (Don't want to see), Geass (snore) and so on. There must be a good one I haven't seen?

If no scifi then I guess a decent fantasy show would work
  • One Punch Man is worth watching if you've not seen it.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    There was a sci-fi anime where the main character fucks a woman in a crane that I remember watching a few episodes of. It was called... Moonlight Mile. I don't know whether it ended up being well thought of but it was kinda proper-ish sci-fi in tone.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Did the crane transform y n.
  • If no scifi then I guess a decent fantasy show would work
    Rage of Bahamut: Genesis was remarkably inoffensive.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Puppets. Also nice water sounds.

• Glam Punch n Judy? Go on then.
  • I'm going in fellas

588CF23B-0A14-407E-8C73-72B9D1ABB137_zpsms1tkfg0.jpg
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I quite enjoyed that. It's not going to set the world on fire in terms of story and character development, but it looks stunning and is a great introduction into the world of FFXV and the characters within.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Brooks wrote:
    If no scifi then I guess a decent fantasy show would work
    Rage of Bahamut: Genesis was remarkably inoffensive.

Wait? In what sense? Socio-culturally, or aesthetically?
    It's hard to tell with you. : P
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    I'm going in fellas

Are you crazy? At that speed you'd never pull out in time!
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Mob Psycho 100 is by the Wanpanman guy so it's basically fine.
  • That's the kind of 'Jesus anime is largely shite but this one didn't make me want to hate myself' kind of approval I needed
  • The animation is cheap but they really pushed it anyway. Works.
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    Having just finished the 1997 series of Berserk, and thinking it was bloody excellent, I was a bit excited to learn there was a new one currently on now. This excitement was misplaced. It's really not very good. The CGI looks rubbish, the new comic relief character is irritating, the music is fucking dire (metal and OTT dramatic). The subtleties and tension in the 1997 one are now non-existent. Very disappointed.
    So I've just seen the first 2 movies. Yeah they aren't very good at all, but I bought the third one before I watched them, as everyone said how good that is, so hopefully I've trudged through the worst of it. Will give the 90s show a shot after (only seen bits of it years ago).
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Haven't seen Berserk. Will watch.  I just put on Freedom. 6 parts mini series. Or 7. Anyone else seen it?

I actually own that, but have never seen it. Is next to eden of the east in the pile.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Zankyou No Terror seemed ok but I stopped watching it due to exams a year ago.

PsychoPass 1&2 are full good, but avoid the film.

One Punch Man is amusing, I prefer the original sketchy manga to the polished one.

I actually saw the film on Sunday. I thought it had good bass.

I wonder if there'll be more series. The way they set up the new inspector as some brown nosing dickhead was fun but also not in it enough.

• She's like that in Season 2 if I recall too. The film just felt like fan service to me. Interesting idea bogged down by bringing back Kogami and focusing to much on him. It also has some truly dire CGI art in it.
  • I've been watching a mini series called Shigurui that I once picked up from HMV for next to nothing. Samurai rivals trying to out do each other to become the next Lord of the province. Or something. 

It is mega shit.
  • I read the manga of that, it was proper daft. Apocalypse Zero, the book he did prior, is even dafter. All out splatterpunk J-comics i.e. the best kind.
  • Welcome to the Space Show was decent fun. Not a keeper, but it was just the kind of lazy viewing that I needed at the weekend. 

When Marnie Was There got delivered today. Looking forward to watching it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!