Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    myHighness#2871

Only played about one hour of this, but since it's a pretty good fit for the windows 8 tablet, I'll guess I'll get plenty more.

I'll add the op tags as well, not familiar with battle.net, does it work offline as well? So I can play on the road?
  • Nina wrote:
    it's a pretty good fit for the windows 8 tablet

Yerp, plays like a dream on mine, no need to wait for the mobile version to come out in your territory either!

Roujin#2122 is my tag if anyone wants to play me. I like building stupid decks that do stupid things, soul of the forest murloc deck ftw, etc.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Out on iPad now. Please add me for games.

xxx
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Just downloaded and am addicted already
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Can you see other folk's friends list?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Sasukekun #2608
    Add me.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • It's not bad at all. Pretty much exactly the same as a ios game I have been playing for a couple of years tho!
    Shadow Era has near enough exactly the same game mechanics but without the flashy production values. 
    Not saying it's better or anything, just that I was really looking forward to this and I have actually already been playing it!
    So I am not exactly bowled over by it as I have sort of gone off Shadow Era as it is.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • The tutorial is very good. Which makes me scratch my head over why there is no explanation of the sacrificing cards for 'dust' bit.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Now I have this I no longer need an IOS Yu-gi-oh.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Now I have this I no longer need an IOS Yu-gi-oh.

Is that a disease ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Good day today on this, re-jogged my mage and priest decks, won 3 matches, lost 2. Had someone rage quit...
    Rage quitting in a card game. Silly.
  • Got this yesterday, I'm bloody hooked. Great game, never before been into any sort of card game but this is just brilliant. Simple to get into and enjoying building decks, not that good at it yet but managed to win a few battles online so slowly getting to grips with it. 
    Add me for a few battles guys, name is Wookienopant, no "s" as it can't have that many characters :(
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Sorry, make that Wookienopant #2843
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I don't wanna piss on this guys chips, but with his deck I could have beaten Trump. Truesilver, 3x Concecrate,  avenging wrath and 2x guardian of kings plus Tirion might as well be a constructed deck.

Especially against another Paladin, a deck type that lacks any kind of hard removal to deal with something like Tirion or the guardians outside of an equality consecrate combo, or silence and then throwing cards at it.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Arena is a bit about luck, but you still have to pick the right cards.
    I need to learn a bit more about deck building as there must be problems with my deck. I win more than I lose, but I'd like to have a streak once in a while, and I have not won a single arena game.

But, yes, I enjoyed Wes's article at Eurogamer. It made me wish my wife was in some way into gaming, as if that had happened to me, she would have just said it was sad.
  • Watch Trump's stream, you will learn loads.
  • Deck crafting is what I need to learn really.
    I had a good night last night. Won 2, lost 1 which was ranked. I then proceeded to lose 3 games on the trot in the arena.
    My mage deck seems well crafted enough as does my priest deck. But the way Arena works still baffles me a touch.
    I should take my time and choose my cards more carefully.
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I suck at this, but I like it a lot.

Add me if you fancy an easy win ;)
    VastikRoot #2118
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Have only got into card games over the last year thanks to Dominion, Race For the Galaxy and a few iOS games (Ascension mostly).

Most recently got into Netrunner (which I'm still trying to learn) and have been introduced to the Game of Thrones LCG and the Legend of Five Rings CCG, but I must admit, Hearthstone is proving the most compelling - mostly due to its core simplicity (and many depths), the familiarity of its sights and sounds and the insane level of polish.

I wish there was an iPad version of Netrunner (as good as this).
  • Hearthstone is easy to get into, and simplified so everyone can play.
    Arena is where the big boys tend to hand though.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Ok, what's the Game of Thrones LCG?
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    Nexx wrote:
    Why is this good, Nexx? I trust your opinions on competitive games 'cos even though you're not hot when it comes to strategy you do talk a good game. Skimmed through that vid and it seemed quite interesting. How much room is there to customise your deck?
    Because like all the truly great games it has a holy trinity at its foundation: 2r3h4qp.png I guess the appeal of this to me is that the gameplay mechanics are quite mechanically simple on the surface but there's a lot of depth hidden underneath.  The simplicity is great because it means that a lot of the game is influenced by game theory and out thinking your opponent rather than being so mechanically complex that its impossible to predict what your opponent could do like in some card games. I'd agree with some of the comments above that some of the meta has become incredible predictable.  There are obviously some deck archtypes that are better than others which for me limits the appeal of the full constructed mode (where you get to completely customize your deck).  Where the game comes into its own is in the Arena mode though.  You basically construct a deck of 30 cards by selecting from 1 of 3 semi-random cards 30 times.  As you can't predict the cards that will come up its becomes much more about making the best of the situation rather than constructing an uber optimised deck.  Keeps the games fresh and interesting imo.  Yes theres some randomness from game to game but over the long term you'll definitely see that good players consistently outperform poor ones due to a better understanding of the game.
    I dunno nowt about this game, but it sounds like a weird manifestation of my perfect game mechanic: one where life and offensive capacity (bullets, guns) are governed by one and the same "bar"; finding the right formula (not as extreme a gradient as the c squared means in terms of turning mass into energy). In most games, like gears, your real choice is between fight or flight, am I winning this email exchange or should I flee to get back on level terms? It would be great for mechanic to deal with that.

Only just read this. Could that be achieved by (in an FPS for example) your weapon using the same energy source as your shield and your sprint?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Subbax wrote:
    Ok, what's the Game of Thrones LCG?

If you like hearthstone you should visit the boardgame thread. Hearthstone is a pretty standard card game, there's tons better stuff out there...

Not that hearthstone isn't good. It's bloody great.
  • I've been doing pretty well at this recently. Have lost only once in the last like 8 games I've played, that's a good return for someone so lacking in legendary cards.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Olimite#2682
  • Some legendaries are just flat out good in most decks, Ragnaros, Ysera, Cairne, Sylvanas being the neutral ones that spring immediately to mind. Leeroy is good, but only in certain decks where you can combo him with something else to get the knockout punch (hi shadowstep!) in order to make up for his fragility and giving your opponents free minions.  

However they are by no means game winners on their own and some decks don't even normally carry them, Hunter aggro decks, and Warlock Zoo and Handlock decks are an example. Most of the other legendaries are situational - Harrison Jones being a prime example, who became pretty popular when lots of players started running control warriors or trap hunters. A lot of legendaries are just pure risk reward, equally as likely to backfire for you as they are to benefit you, King Mukla, Lorewalker Cho, Millhouse Manastorm, Tinkmaster, Nozdormu. being the prime candidates.

The rest of the legendaries tend to be cards that are no better or worse than other cards of the same mana cost, which is why they don't show up that often, unless you opened one from a pack and want to run it for a bit of a change from the norm.

The key thing for people to have in their decks is some form of removal, so that if these cards appear they can be removed straight away, or neutralised. The player must also exercise the restraint not to blow their removal on weaker enemies. Far better to take a couple of knocks from something you have to deal with over two turns earlier in the game than have no way of dealing with whatever big card the opponent plays in the late game. This is particularly true for Ysera as it will almost certainly make it very difficult for you to win the game if it's allowed to draw cards for a couple of turns.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I may have accidentally downloaded, installed, played and really enjoyed this.

What do I need to share with you guys to be friends on Battle.net?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Hit the icon in the bottom left corner to bring up your friends list. At the top you'll your ID followed by a # then a number. You need to share the whole thing for people to add you.

On another note I am currently 3 wins and 1 loss in arena. Doing pretty well.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!