PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    ghiGIJk.jpg
  • Sainsbury's taste the difference Gavi is grim. Made a pledge to go easy on the Wine Society this year because it is admittedly easy to go mad. Morrison's wines are often really good but Sainsbury's are generally bad. Prefer M to Waitrose actually. M&S are good but way to expensive for what they are.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Nice beef reg.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Looks like it'll melt in the mouth reg, well played.
  • Roast sprouts lads.

It's the only way.

Game changer I tell thee.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Shredded and fried in butter and garlic.
  • Breadcrumbs and parmesan optional.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Shredded and fried in butter and garlic.

Add pancetta and chestnuts and I'm there.
  • It's really good. I'd eat it by itself quite happily.
  • Shredded and fried in butter and garlic.
    Add pancetta and chestnuts and I'm there.

All sounds great. Just leave out the sprouts, and I’m there.
  • You'd be surprised by how unsprouty flash fried sprouts are. They have none of that bitter taste so it's more like cabbage. In garlic butter. It's delicious.
  • I'm sober. I don't know how this happened.
  • ...so it's more like cabbage.

I’m utterly lost as to why you think this is any better.
  • It's not my fault you're not cooking either right.
  • Andy plz try this. Next time you're making sausages and mash buy a Savoy Cabbage. 

Break each large leaf off at the base, you'll need maybe 4 large leaves per person. Cut out the thick central stalk running up the middle of each leaf, in a sort of narrow V-shape. Shred the leaves into strips but not too finely, like pasta but maybe an inch or so wide.

Get a pan or pot with a tight fitting lid. Cast iron is great but any should do. Throw in the cabbage with a large knob of butter and a splash (you'll need hardly any, less than you think- 50 mls?) of water. Add half a stock cube (chicken or veg) if you like or a sprinkle of powder, but if neither add a good sprinkle of salt and pepper. Over a low heat braise the cabbage, turning over every now and again so the same bit is not sitting in the butter/water emulsion at the bottom. Tongs are good. Cook until tender (10 mins ish but possibly a lot less), but the cabbage should be green and not showing any brown. There should be very little water left. 

Eat piping hot. Try this once plz and if you still don't like cabbage then fair enough.
  • Maybe the best dish ever. Hardcore but doable (5.55). Nothing a good butcher can't sort out. I wanna see reg attempt this.

• While I’m grateful for the effort you’ve put into that post, I’m sorry to break it to you; I just don’t like cabbage. No method of preparation is going to sufficiently change the flavour.
  • Andy plz try this. Next time you're making sausages and mash buy a Savoy Cabbage. 

Break each large leaf off at the base, you'll need maybe 4 large leaves per person. Cut out the thick central stalk running up the middle of each leaf, in a sort of narrow V-shape. Shred the leaves into strips but not too finely, like pasta but maybe an inch or so wide.

Get a pan or pot with a tight fitting lid. Cast iron is great but any should do. Throw in the cabbage with a large knob of butter and a splash (you'll need hardly any, less than you think- 50 mls?) of water. Add half a stock cube (chicken or veg) if you like or a sprinkle of powder, but if neither add a good sprinkle of salt and pepper. Over a low heat braise the cabbage, turning over every now and again so the same bit is not sitting in the butter/water emulsion at the bottom. Tongs are good. Cook until tender (10 mins ish but possibly a lot less), but the cabbage should be green and not showing any brown. There should be very little water left. 

Eat piping hot. Try this once plz and if you still don't like cabbage then fair enough.

My man.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    My culinary triumph yesterday: roasted garlic sauce.

Simple as fuck, roast a head of garlic (I followed these instructions), knock up yer basic white sauce, chuck in all the garlic (I think I probably had about 700ml of sauce), blend, season, smother over errything.

Edit: probably less than 700ml actually. I’m shite at estimating quantities.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Bubble and squeak, poached eggs, ham, turkey, stuffing, and all the pickles and chutneys.
  • In the interests of science and possibly because I've just been playing Portal 2, I decided to make the mash with 50% butter by weight. Half of it is still in the pan because although it's amazeballs it's a tad, unsurprising, rich. The boy tried it before eating anything else on his plate after I'd said it was special mash, wolfed the lot down, and then announced he was full without touching anything else.
  • Oh I'm so full. Fuck the washing up.
  • Hahaha
    It's almost, almost like this is entirely predictable.

In other predictable news, I just drank a King Goblin and am feeling rather wooly.
  • This is the kind of buttery science I can really get behind. Did you go full chef wanker and use a potato ricer as well?
  • Of course, but I didn't pass it through a sieve. I did cook the potatoes at 70C though for 30 mins before refreshing them.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    My sister made a glazed game yesterday which makes my past few days -

Saturday - albondigas
    Sunday - roast beef
    Monday - wild boar stew
    Tuesday - venison casserole
    Wednesday - ham

And I'm debating getting a bross salt beef bagel the day
  • That’s a lot of meat
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Turkey curry today (and probably tomorrow too) then I think I'm going veggie for a month.
  • I’m cooking a feast on New Year’s Day. Time I started planning and buying for it. Think I fancy doing some game but it’ll depend what I can get my hands on in these between holiday limbo days. Pheasant crumble mayber.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!