Now eating/drinking
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I mean, the 18 year old is fine, but should you really be getting children to mix your drinks for you?

They lack upper body strength, so they can shake a cocktail without bruising the alcohol.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fair play.

Excuse me, just nipping to the play area in the local park.
  • RIP reg's insides.

This is how I survive work.
  • Energy drinks are the worst.
    If you are sitting down all day they arent doing you any favours.

Have a camomile tea and see how many shits you give about anything.
  • Can't beat good old fashioned filtered ice cool water-cooler water. Go through about four or five 75cl evian bottles worth a shift.
  • Take that Mother Nature
  • That's literally me btw. Some buzz you get after tanning a good load. So fresh.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Energy drinks are the worst. If you are sitting down all day they arent doing you any favours. Have a camomile tea and see how many shits you give about anything.

If I wanted to drink disgusting flavoured drinks for caffine I'd have a coffee.
  • Caffeine is the enemy.
    Camamile makes you mellow.

Seriously, fuck caffeine. I like a good coffee, maybe one in the morning may help a bit, but too much caffeine will just make you irritable and hyper. Especially when combined with sugar.
  • Camamile is a lot easy on the flavour than normal tea, no milk either.
  • Hey I'm here to bash on the thing I don't like (energy drinks) how dare you bash the thing I like (coffee)

/flounce
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    coffee and energy drinks are both gash, just have water and treat yaself to an ice-cold cherry coke in the evening
  • I like coffee, if it's bad for me so be it, if it shaves a few years off my life at least it will be the shit ones at the end.
  • Had a wee cherry Pepsi Max with my tea (kebab) tonight in work. Was lovely.

Just had the leftovers DS, oven reheated u kno how I roll fam
  • coffee and energy drinks are both gash, just have water and treat yaself to an ice-cold cherry coke in the evening

Cherry Coke is the devil's sputum
  • Tbh mate if coffee had to go in Room 101 with energy drinks I wouldn't be too fussed.

Energy drinks are fucking garbage though. They make fizzy drinks look healthy.
    They really arent good for anyone, maybe if you are doing a marathon and need to get 1000s of calories in quick I guess.

If you are at a desk sipping on large amounts of caffeine and sugar you need to reassess. Probably arent sleeping right because you are sat a desk sipping on large amounts of caffeine and sugar.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Had a wee cherry Pepsi Max with my tea (kebab) tonight in work. Was lovely. Just had the leftovers DS, oven reheated u kno how I roll fam

yes yes no microwave tings like the proletariat
  • Side note: I walk on avg 6miles per shift, tis a largeish hospital
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Tbh mate if coffee had to go in Room 101 with energy drinks I wouldn't be too fussed. Energy drinks are fucking garbage though. They make fizzy drinks look healthy. They really arent good for anyone, maybe if you are doing a marathon and need to get 1000s of calories in quick I guess. If you are at a desk sipping on large amounts of caffeine and sugar you need to reassess. Probably arent sleeping right because you are sat a desk sipping on large amounts of caffeine and sugar.

If you've exercised apparently milk beats an energy drink hands down.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve heard beer is very good after exercise, isotonic or some shit.

Probably not 8 pints, mind.
  • @Kara
    Could well believe it, although maybe not immediately after that way sickness lies.

All this Monster and Relentless stuff, I dont believe for a second athletes touch it.
    Isotonic stuff maybe.
    Possibly a small red bull right before a game, run etc.

Sitting on a pint of Monster is just gonna make you sick.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    @Kara Could well believe it, although maybe not immediately after that way sickness lies. All this Monster and Relentless stuff, I dont believe for a second athletes touch it. Isotonic stuff maybe. Possibly a small red bull right before a game, run etc. Sitting on a pint of Monster is just gonna make you sick.

With milk it's the Casein and Whey proteins, which it has in more abundance than other other drink.
  • Tempy wrote:
    tenor.gif?itemid=4721433

I love u Tempy.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'd rather have a Dr Pepper than something like a Cherry Coke.  Also very fond of a root beer. Bundaberg do a nice one.

Regular intake though - try and drink as much water as  I can. Filtered on tap in work for the win.

Energy drinks are vile. Have only ever tried Red Bull and that was enough. Any thing I have sniffed seemed to be similar. Can't be good for you - esp. at my age.

Like a coffee now and then though - it stops me eating chocolate.

Beer remains the ultimate thirst quencher. But stop after one if you can. No matter what the scenario it's diminishing returns after #1.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I’ve never been a fan of Root Beer.

It is however excellent for cooking a shoulder of pork in.
  • Wine, beer, coffee, tea, water. In that order.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    At first I didn't like root beer much - I thought it tasted of some sort of ointment you rub on for muscle pain. But then I found it strangely more-ish.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I’ve never drunk an energy drink ever and at one point I was fairly into a sport at elite level. Not one of our nutritionists ever ever recommended them. Kendall mint cake is still a thing for sports people though, amazingly.
    Anyway, to an outsider the road of red bull and monster seem like a slippery fucking slope. Not for me.
  • Apparently the alcohol-free Erdinger is a top-tier isotonic thing for athletes; watched the Winter Olympics last year and all the German team were sponsored by and gubbing them after events.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!