The Walking Dead - TV
  • i like that, we see glimpses, when ricks son discovers the room of toys but its only "wonder" for about 30 seconds
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Enjoyed episode 1 of Season 1.

Am I the only person that actually preferred Season 2?
    No.

You are not.

• couldn't find the other thread. Anyone else seen this seasons finale?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I stopped watching TWD about 4 weeks ago - it finally turned to utterly unwatchable shite.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Me too. Gave up as it is intolerable drivel. One half good episode every season. Completely forgotten about it now and no interest in what happens to any of them, the boring cunts.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    adored wrote:
    Enjoyed episode 1 of Season 1.

Am I the only person that actually preferred Season 2?
    No.

You are not.
    I liked it best when they all lived happily on the farm.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • mk64 wrote:
    couldn't find the other thread. Anyone else seen this seasons finale?
    Yes. Ropey shite. It's taken them an entire season to get to where they were at the start of the season. Show has gone nowhere. Utterly pointless.
    Don't worry though. Apparently Season 8 is going to be amazing...

Jesus wept

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Think it was 4 episodes back for me where I just could not take anymore. The Eugene episode where he joins the saviours. My god that was dull as dish washer. It's far too comfortable a show in it's set up. Couldn't be arsed to look at the finale.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Its dreary.

Entertainment shouldn't be dreary.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Something's not right when you're rooting for the bad guys.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I gave up 2 seasons ago. Shite.
  • I am amazed this show remains popular.
    I watched the series with the Guvnah then they really started taking the piss with that prison and I gave up soon after.
    The 4 episodes where they were moping around with the flu, fucking hell.
  • I still enjoy the show, but it is starting to drag on a bit.

They need to end it next season, at a push after the ninth season.

The main problem is that the zombies have become a trivial annoyance to them, unless they're in large numbers, and you can't have them in huge gunfights every episode either, so there's largely no threat to anyone.
  • If only they could talk to the zombies, make friends with them, form alliances....
    SFV - reddave360
  • Annoys me that they are so close to all these communities but only now stumble across them despite daily foraging. It's bs.

Too much single character episodes. It worked for Lost. It hasn't for this.
  • I still enjoy the show, but it is starting to drag on a bit.

They need to end it next season, at a push after the ninth season.

The main problem is that the zombies have become a trivial annoyance to them, unless they're in large numbers, and you can't have them in huge gunfights every episode either, so there's largely no threat to anyone.

That's been a theme of the comics too - the zombies ceased to be a threat because the survivors are experts at dealing with them. The focus therefore moved to the people who were always the biggest threat and far more interesting anyway - especially when the writing and character building was so in depth.

Unfortunately, the TV show has never been able to replicate that. All of the characters are totally one dimensional and the show slipped into a threat-resolution loop that has become completely meaningless. None of the threats are really credible anymore and there's not really any tension in it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The characters aren't only one dimensional, they're also incredibly dull. Dirty broody Daryl, bore me to death stick guy, fuck off and die already Carol, plank of wood Rick, scowly Michonne. Just set them on fire and be done with them.
  • Kow wrote:
    The characters aren't only one dimensional, they're also incredibly dull. Dirty broody Daryl, bore me to death stick guy, fuck off and die already Carol, plank of wood Rick, scowly Michonne. Just set them on fire and be done with them.

Which they will never do, which is why there is no tension.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The whole thing about zeds not being a threat shows just how incredibly dumb the Sasha bit was.
    Spoiler:

I know they're going for the 'the real threat/monsters are ourselves' thing, but for me the show was at it's best when they're on the road scavenging, finding supplies and working out the best way to get them. Keep it simple, none of these endless monologues from pantomime villains, grand plots and theatrics, it's so OTT now it's almost a parody of itself. The less said about those awful dump people the better too. Terrible.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Anyway I gave up after the last break. One episode with tension and then just boredom, boredom, boredom. I don't think I've seen any series where I wanted all the good guys to get killed as soon as possible.
  • The Walking dead is basically Lord of the Flies with zombies in the mix. Lots of social commentary on human society and human nature which you either agree or disagree with. People watching for just the crimson necro action will become bored very quickly, too much soapy psycho drama and philosophical mumbo jumbo on what it means to be human.
    It's entertaining in short bursts but can be overkill (literally)if you binge watch a whole season.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I guess when put like that I shouldn't be as surprised at its popularity.
    TOWIE but with zombies so lads can watch it.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I get that it's supposed to be social commentary but it doesn't work because all the characters are so useless. Lord of the Flies is a great book, TWD is drivel. Comparing the two is like saying EastEnders is basically Shakespeare because it's about relationships.
  • The characters are supposed to be useless as the writers basically torture them to breaking point.
    Zombies are just an excuse for the lawlessness and unbridled violence humans do to one another as society crumbles.
    The characters either bounce back and recover from the horror or they don't in which case they get chomped in the face by zombies. Golden formula..
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I don't mean they're useless as in they can't do anything, I mean useless as in badly written.
  • Haven't watched for a few seasons.
    Yes, dialogue can be hammy and soapy. Zombies happily chomping on faces makes up for it.
    Usually...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    A few seasons ago it was ok. It recently became intolerable.
  • I don't think it's that bad. I was still gripped at the thought of rick potentially having to watch carl get the luceal treatment so I must give some form of fuck. It's just not as exciting a storyline and it feels like they're dragging it on to long.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Hasn't that happened two or three times already? It's a bit boring now.
    Spoiler:
  • But Carl and Rick will never die - so where's the tension?

I can't believe you're still watching Sparkles.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!