Current Affairs
  • I think if there is a deliberate link to election time it is to encourage fear so the electorate votes for the hard line party who will drive further division.

A rational soft like Corbyn is no good to ISIS.

Many assumptions in that though.
  • Just catching up on this. Fuck. Definitely not a case of police acting too rashly either by the sounds of it. You wouldn't want them not to shoot in that scenario.
  • Absolutely.
    No telling how powerful an explosive it could be or what other nasty shit it could contain.
  • I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Fair play to the bystanders.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I’ve heard that 3 fellas took the guy down initially, one of whom was a Polish guy who’d been stabbed, then went and grabbed a narwhal tusk from a fishmongers and went after the attacker?! Solid.
  • Allah 0 Evolution 1
  • Allah 0 Evolution 1

Dude, this doesn’t help.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I was referring to the tusk, although I admit I hate thick Muslims nearly as much as stupid Christians.
  • To be clear, it's only the stupid ones. The not-thick-as-fuck ones are fine.

Edit: I mean really, if you have to be religious at least read the fucking manual.
  • I was referring to the tusk...

I don’t think that bit is the issue.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    WHY CAN'T EVERYBODY BE AS CLEVER AS MEEEE
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    @Gazelle - The fuck man. It's like Hunk's comment in the politics thread.

Perhaps you intended something else, but that can be taken for casual racism.

I'll delete the quotation to offer you the same chance Hunk got.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • facepalm.jpeg, etc. Come on, SG.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Seeing a lot of NRA type nut jobs using this as an excuse not to ban guns, along the lines of "the UK banned knives, this guy didn't seem to care"

They fail spectacularly to realise that he used a knife because it's really really hard to buy a gun in this country, because is illegal to own most of them.
  • "I'll give you my narwhal tusk when you pry it from my cold dead hands"
  • Seeing a lot of NRA type nut jobs using this as an excuse not to ban guns, along the lines of "the UK banned knives, this guy didn't seem to care" They fail spectacularly to realise that he used a knife because it's really really hard to buy a gun in this country, because is illegal to own most of them.

They've completely missed the point haven't they. Imagine if he had a gun. The situation would have been a whole lot worse.
    SFV - reddave360
  • @Gazelle - The fuck man. It's like Hunk's comment in the politics thread. Perhaps you intended something else, but that can be taken for casual racism. I'll delete the quotation to offer you the same chance Hunk got.

It's not racism, it's thickism. The race or religion doesn't matter - don't kill people. It's not fucking rocket science. Christians who kill people, Muslims who kill people - all wankers, but to think you're doing it for the very fucking thing that specifically tells you not to do it is moronic. Tbf Catholicism wins this hands down. I'm not racist, I just hate cunts.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Cuntist
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Yes. Yes I am.
  • @Gazelle - The fuck man. It's like Hunk's comment in the politics thread. Perhaps you intended something else, but that can be taken for casual racism. I'll delete the quotation to offer you the same chance Hunk got.

It's not racism, it's thickism. The race or religion doesn't matter - don't kill people. It's not fucking rocket science. Christians who kill people, Muslims who kill people - all wankers, but to think you're doing it for the very fucking thing that specifically tells you not to do it is moronic. Tbf Catholicism wins this hands down. I'm not racist, I just hate cunts.

Don't won't to defend religious nuts, but I think even if you take away the god/religion thing from the planet you would still get this stuff. Whatever it is about the species, humans seem to love to segregate themselves off into groups and be adversarial. Religion, politics, football. Doesn't really matter. Its all about how different and therefore wrong the other group is.

Think southpark covered this in the otter episodes.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Religion is one of the best ways to manipulate people.
    All of the major religions are or have been great at it, they would never have gotten so big if they weren't.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Gazelle, if you’d written

Terrorist 0 Evolution 1

I doubt we’d be having this conversation. By writing what you wrote, it reads like Allah is on the side of the terrorist. I’m sure nobody here thinks you’re racist, but your post does not read well no matter how you argue the intention.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    @Gazelle - The fuck man. It's like Hunk's comment in the politics thread. Perhaps you intended something else, but that can be taken for casual racism. I'll delete the quotation to offer you the same chance Hunk got.
    Don't won't to defend religious nuts, but I think even if you take away the god/religion thing from the planet you would still get this stuff. Whatever it is about the species, humans seem to love to segregate themselves off into groups and be adversarial. Religion, politics, football. Doesn't really matter. Its all about how different and therefore wrong the other group is. Think southpark covered this in the otter episodes.

Astronomers are, largely, fairly relaxed. Well apart from me obvs. I sincerely think that knowing you are a bit of unimportant stuff randomly living on another bit of stuff in a sea of possibly infinite amount of other pointless stuff is something worth knowing. 

It's self-importance that murders people and that can take many forms, but science isn't one of them.
  • Scientists can be self important and murder people obviously, while using science to try and justify it.
  • Scientists can be self important and murder people obviously, while using science to try and justify it.

If it's a Top Trumps thing I think you'll find religion wins on the murder stats. Scientists do murder people but it tends to be confined to the odd stabbing in a physics lab. Also, religious people like to murder scientists more than the other way around. Well maybe apart from Newton.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Andy wrote:

Terrorist 0 Evolution 1

Succinctly put.

Think Mitchell finding ideas of an afterlife comforting is rather assuming he makes it into the nicer of the destinations.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • Yeah I just did some basic Google research and I think religious death murder stands at about 1/2 billion and scientist murderer is roughly about 31, give or take 2. Newton did kill a few but only in his treasury job, which doesn't count.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!