Current Affairs
  • There’s been a fair bit about ICW wrestlers up here, as well as men involved with Fierce Females, one of the bigger female wrestling outfits.

And I’ve heard chat in the last week about quite a few tattoo/piercing artists in Glasgow. Much of it about them abusing the trust and power – telling young girls they must remove underwear when being tattooed etc, when there was never any need.
  • The Jim cornette one is interesting. Turns out Jim and his wife are major swingers, but someone was saying that the wife was using Jim's position to force some of the guys to get involved.

It seems a bit flakey tbh, the times don't line up with when cornett was actually in a position of power in wrestling but what's been a bit interesting is the pile on twitter on cornette and his wife. Given how cornette grew up around the wrestling culture (he started as a kid doing photos) he's probably led a very open sex life (70s and 80s wrestlers loved the ring rat circuit - with the ring rats being the girls who would get with the guys) and much of this is very normal to him. Certainly the phone hack on paige showed that group sex (consensual) might be quite common.

Anyway, if the bit about the cornettes using their position to force guys to get involved is untrue then twitter just piled on a couple have consentual group sex with other adults.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I don't know the allegations about Cornette, but I wouldn't be surprised if anyone involved in wrestling in the 70's-90's was a bit scummy.

Well, except Mick Foley and Owen Hart.
  • I don't know the allegations about Cornette, but I wouldn't be surprised if anyone involved in wrestling in the 70's-90's was a bit scummy.

Well, except Mick Foley and Owen Hart.

Yeah, 2 legit family guys there by many accounts.

But I'd caution the use of the word scummy. I'm sure there was some serious ugly shit in there (snuka for example) but I think certain scenes attract consentual adults engaging in sex in not exactly regular manners. That shouldn't be seen as scummy for either sex. It's the same with the 80s rock groupie scene. Not saying there wasn't abuse but there was also plenty of people quite happy with the situation.

SFV - reddave360
  • It feels like it’s kicking off all over the place with regards to people collectively deciding now is the time to be open and honest about things that happened to them.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    What’s kicking off in Glasgow? Loads of police.
  • Multiple stabbings on West George St. Grim.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    What’s kicking off in Glasgow? Loads of police.

Not particularly reliable bits of internet seem to be saying there have been "multiple stabbings."
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fucking hell. Armed response.

Just heard on beeb supposedly a police officer has been stabbed. Stating no danger to public so guessing they got whoever did it.

Three people stabbed in a hotel and apparently all dead. Suspect has been shot by police. The BBC reporter was literally reading the news for the first time.

(Beaten to it by Boris.)
  • It’s at a hotel currently being used to house asylum seekers. This is not going to go well in the aftermath, is it?
  • So sad, as accurate as the reporting is, it puts such a horrible spin on the story before the facts have been announced, even if that is a very likely factor into the incident. 

Fucking 2020 man, get in the sea already you total bastard.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Blimey it's a bit stabby at the moment. Every idiot seems at it.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • "A bit stabby"? Perhaps a bit flippant given the outcomes.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Not considered terror related then. Good job we made sure all the initial reporting told everyone the hotel was housing asylum seekers.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Dunno why ‘terrorism’ is on any rumour or reporting agenda for something like this anyway. Only because the press bang on about it so often, I suppose. My first assumption with serious violence is that it’s crime related.

Sky News are saying that one, maybe two reception staff were stabbed. Fucking hell. Just going about your job as normal and suddenly you’re a victim.
  • Didn't the weegies here report some tension over refugees marches last week? I also caught wind that some contractor had evicted /changed locks on some accommodation. Might be the refugees ended up in the hotel. One of them lost it totally and went on a murderous rampage. Still hope he rots in hell, mind.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • It’s not related, I’m sure, but the city centre of Glasgow has been nuts lately. I think that with most people avoiding the place, the dodgiest elements are running a bit wild. In just the last few days there’s been someone battered with a hammer, someone raped, and someone stabbed in the chest - all in the middle of the daytime on what are usually the busiest high streets.
  • poprock wrote:
    It’s not related, I’m sure, but the city centre of Glasgow has been nuts lately. I think that with most people avoiding the place, the dodgiest elements are running a bit wild. In just the last few days there’s been someone battered with a hammer, someone raped, and someone stabbed in the chest - all in the middle of the daytime on what are usually the busiest high streets.

London is the same. It feels unsafe, it's in the air, not in the centre but in the suburban clusters and g Clapham common, Brixton, it feels crowded and tetchy.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • There's a voice clip going round WhatsApp that I can just about confirm is from an employee (been told its a cousin of one of her pals) that said staff were attacked as well as police. The assailant was an asylum seeker, and was shot dead in his room after the attacks in the hotel.

About all I want to say as I don't want to waste stupid energy on the what's How's and ifs, and needless speculation.
  • London is the same. It feels unsafe, it's in the air, not in the centre but in the suburban clusters and g Clapham common, Brixton, it feels crowded and tetchy.

It’s not about feeling crowded here, quite the opposite. The city centre feels a bit empty and a bit feral. There seems to be a sense of lawlessness, whether justified or not. Friends who live in the centre are all feeling it - and are getting scared to walk around.
  • Indeed so. One of my oldest friends lives in the Trongate and talking to him the last few months has been like getting dispatches from frontline of the end of the world.
  • I tended to see some crazy stuff on a Sunday night in Glagow city centre when it was a lot quieter, and this is like that but tenfold. The lockdown has also concentrated vulnerable groups together even more than normal which isn't helping.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • The Guardian have a bit of background on what happened in Glasgow yesterday.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/27/glasgow-hotel-attack-stabbing-suspect-park-inn-mental-health

No surprises in there but it’s still horrendous stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Body of a 14 year old who has been missing in Belfast since Sunday found this morning.

Was last seen cycling with no clothes ... 

Not sure it made national news. Nothing much that happens in NI does.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Found in a storm drain. No foul play suspected. Heart breaking.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Hang on. I haven’t read up on this but cycling with no clothes??
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah. According to witness statements - those people must be feeling pretty bad now they didn't intervene.  There is a theory he fell and banged his head and became confused. Some clothes were retrieved. His backpack and laptop were recovered yesterday.

A jacket and sweat shorts were still missing so presumably he put those on again. He was in a part of town he wouldn't normally be in either. Weird and tragic.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Interestingly. Some prick who was posting wild fake nonsense about it over the last few days on social media has been arrested..."improper use of public electronic communications network in relation to social media posts."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53204909?at_custom2=twitter&at_custom3=BBC+News+NI&at_campaign=64&at_custom1=link&at_custom4=0868AE40-B888-11EA-AB86-904C4D484DA4&at_medium=custom7

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!