Mario Golf World Tour! B&B Open 2016/17: Season Standings in!
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    golf is here golf is here yay
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Nice!

Got a few of us now, things should start getting interesting.

I'm down to -16, missed a couple of easy Birdies to, gutted.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • -19 is quite doable imo

• I'm considering getting this, though i heard this games main mode is pretty short with just a few courses, are there enough worthwhile extras to keep it interesting?
    And is the multiplayer addictive?
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I saw the credits within a few hours, but there's still a fair chunk of single player stuff to do, without mentioning the tournaments. Multiplayer is alright, much better with friends, I'd imagine. 

Just realised you can actually restart a tournament mid round, which totally spoils it for me. You make a bad shot, you should just suck it up and not be able to restart.
  • Sounds good, I may give it a download tonight and have a go at that tournament!
    Is the multiplayer tournament based or can you also play other people 'live'?

• Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    You play 3 others live. Shame you can't chat or type a message.
  • Ah ok. 

So I got this tonight. Played a solo quick match as mario on the forest course to get to grips with the basics. Managed a -7 for the course without relying on any kind of fine adjustment. Have sort of got the hang of how to apply topspin or backspin, though correct implementation is very off! Have no idea what you're supposed to do with the ball on the screen when you shoot or what it does I assume it adds spin in the appropriate direction? When are you supposed to tap it?

Enjoying it so far, will practice more tomorrow and try to get the hang of it, I'm very used to tiger woods and this is jarring to say the least!

• I've started this now. Off to Zurich for a few days so no Internet so can't join tournament yet. But -1 for the front nine doesn't sound like I'll be troubling the front runners just yet anyway.
  • -9 on my first attempt, not bad. Must get better!
  • Also just started. Couldn't do teh second coin challenge as I couldn't get any of teh clubs to show a path through the coin.
    The Forum Herald™
  • This game is awesome, I have only bought it to take part in this. Is it worth me investing some time into single player for these tournaments - better characters etc?
  • You can unlock extra characters and courses by completing the challenges and the Castle Club.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I've got the GBA version of this, which I put a couple of hours into way back when.  Was that the only RPG-lite style Mario Golf game?  There seemed to be a fair bit other than golf to be getting on with/getting in the way of golf.  I'm glad this one is just Golf, but that version did seem interesting.
  • My handicap is -9.
    The Forum Herald™
  • In the Club House?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Erm.. I think so.. I got my Mii.. did the forest thing.. got -9? Is ready  to go and learn how to do spin.. so far I've got to say while I like it it's no EG.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I got the same and went down to -6 after winning the Tournament.

The Club House is the worst part of the game imo, the Challenges and MP are where it's at.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • The current B&B Tournament finishes Friday btw, get those scores up people.

@Birdorf you ok setting them up each time? I'll update the OP as we go.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    If I must. Although you'd probably be much better at it than me...
  • I want to get a bit of practice in before I tournament it.. I've no idea waht I'm doing with spin.
    The Forum Herald™
  • How do you lower your handicap on this?

• Birdorf wrote:
    If I must. Although you'd probably be much better at it than me...
    Ok no worries, I'll sort it.

Bob wrote:
    I want to get a bit of practice in before I tournament it.. I've no idea waht I'm doing with spin.
    There's 4 basic spins, pushing A A does Topspin, A B Super Topspin, B B Backspin and B A Super Backspin

Edit: There's also touch screen short cuts for these

Mikemsp wrote:
    How do you lower your handicap on this?
    I did it by winning a Course Championship in the Castle Club
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Won the Forest and Seaside courses in the Club House and finished 2nd on the Mountain Course, got my handicap up to +3.3

Also completed all the Quick Round Challenges for Forest Course and Peach Gardens but have got stuck on the 2nd Challenge on Seaside Course, you gotta get a coin on water using the Ice Flower.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Can't help but feel they missed a trick with the ball spin, surely it would have been more intuitive to be able to physically apply the spin on the ball via touchscreen rather than button combinations.
  • Think you can, not tried it myself.

Think you use the touch screen instead of the A button and where you place your finger/stylus on the screen (ball) will be the direction of the spin.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'm on like six under for this course. No WiFi so can't enter yet.

What am I missing? How are those scores achieved?
  • Get a better costume for increasing drive distance. Then you can chip to near the pin on par fours for birdies on most holes.
  • WTF? So all that Mii stuff is a necessity?

I just used Bowser who has the longest drive.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • You can use your custom mii in tournaments.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!