Mario Golf World Tour! B&B Open 2016/17: Season Standings in!
  • -11 For me First go.. Probably a couple more shots to come as I missed a couple of easy putts.

Plus I forgot to say. I really like the 3d on this. Probably because I keep the 3DS very still while I play golf.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Got this. Added a spectacularly average score to the weekly tournament, in my defense it's my second day of owning/playing it and haven't got fully adjusted to it. Seeing everyone else's shot placement is nice, although slightly demoralising if you're doing poorly.

The game's decent, although years of Everybody's Golf have made switching to a different golfing mechanic feel unnerving & strange.
  • Just got 13 under including a chip in eagle on the 15th (I think).
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    14, with an horrendous double bovine. Double bovine stays.
  • Gee whizz the challenge mode has some tricky things to do (eg the Yoshi course coin and ring challenges).
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • That the one where the coin is on the water?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yes. I got the one on top of the egg, but the one in the middle of the lake is a bugger.
  • yeah, thats what I got stuck on. Must get back on the challenges.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I can't get the mountain course coin 2 challenge. I can use the whirlwind to get the coin floating in space.. but can I get near enough to the pin to pull of the putt? Can I fuck.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I did that this evening. Get the tornado, and then try and land just to the left of the fence line. That will mean when you use the whirlwind you should be close to in-line with the hole.

I think you need to go for a wedge club to get the coin as well, just make sure it is spinning before making the shot (indicating it will be collected) and that you're lined up to land on/near the green.

It was a tricky one for me too.
  • I got 15 under last night chaps...but I definitely feel like it can be improved upon. Much better course than the last for Eagle opportunities.
  • The yoshi course challenges are actually completely broken.
  • Where's cheapest for this online? Work reduced out discount on software to 15% which makes it utterly pointless. How dare they protect their margins..
  • For some reason my save data for this has disappeared. Really annoying as I'd done all the castle club and about 25 of the challenges, lost all my coins to, ffs!
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Shit. Guy on Eurogamer had the same thing happen, reckoned it was because he turned it off mid round. It hasn't stopped me turning it off mid round, mind.
  • Just posted a -4 on the tournament which included 2 bogies a double bogey.

Think its fair to say the loss of data has got to me. Really gutted now its sunk in.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Congrats to Gamermike on winning the Mountain Course tournament and thanks for everyone who took part.

Official standings:
    Mountain Course results
    1st: Gamermike -15 
    2nd: Birdorf -14
    3rd: Bob -13
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Will start another tournament off tomorrow or Thursday
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Current B&B Tournament

B&B Open IV - Peach Gardens
    Go to Mario Golf (quick Round), then tournaments
    and search for private tournament: 34 5186 5244 0829
    It's on the Peach Gardens and it's open until 23/06.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Is interest in this waning since Mario Kart came out?
  • Just posted a -5 its only a 9 hole course.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Gamermike wrote:
    Is interest in this waning since Mario Kart came out?

We had more people play in the 3rd Open than the first two. I've extended this one to two weeks though so there less of a time restriction on us to find time for it in between karting.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    I'd gone off it before then. At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, I hate the fact that you can enter a tournament as many times as you like and even restart if you mess up.

Having said that, I enjoy the tournament on here, it's just the official Nintendo ones that I can't bring myself to play.

Would also be great if we could manage a live round or two sometime.
  • I'd be up for a live round one evening?

Chuffed with 3rd for my one attempt..

*edit* turns out not me. Confused myself there.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf wrote:

Would also be great if we could manage a live round or two sometime.

I'm up for this at some point. What days are best for people in general?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Any.
  • I can do any late evenings really, but any day would be cool.
  • Evening for me too. If some one suggests a specific one I'll do my best.
    The Forum Herald™
  • This Friday or Sunday evening then?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Yes either of those is good for me. I can fit in with the majority.
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!