Super Smash Brothers (WiiU and 3DS and SWITCH)
  • That's me for today.  Playing online is a lot more fun than sp, looking forward to trying 4 player.  Good games.
  • Aye good stuff man. I thought you had me with Wii Fit trainer until you hit the big chicken.

With Villager you ended up launching me in the wrong direction. That boxing ring is a big stage and you kept hitting me from one end to the other. Good work with Bowser thoough.
  • Should I have a free MewToo code by now?
  • yeah, my gf has it, should be emailed to you
  • Tell her thanks very much.
  • Fuckin hell, how much effort have they put into ryu. All thats getting bought.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Aye, Ryu is stunning - love the original input thing
  • Nintendo/Sakurai are ensuring I never tire of Smash.  Also by releasing Ryu I might, might be able to tip the scales back in my favour against my 2 lads.  My eldest lad does me at most fighters, but SF is the one series he has never edged me at.

Its safe to say I will be buying it all.  4/5 player Smash happens every week I work the early shifts & every weekend at my gaff.  Also safe to say they got me on the new amiibos the fucks, brings the final total to 52 now for Smash series?  Did panic for a mo ref Mr G&W, thought for a mo there was gonna be 3 separate versions, glad to see its swap outs.

The new features are most welcome, with both my lads ready for tournament play the fiends/sweats that they are.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just got in there - not buying the fighter skins but still £18 for all characters and stages ouch.
  • Smash x SF x Tekken x Virtua Fighter!!
  • It's an odd world for sho.

I mean that's tekken X virtual fighter. It's like 1995 has gone bonkers
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Use your 3DS as a controller for Smash Wii U, even if you don't own Smash 3DS.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • This is my least played of the Wii U games, just can't get into it.
  • You did better than me. I sold mine unopened (with controller adapter) to Chopper.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • And I have gotten quite a bit of use out of it. Thank you.
  • Zero won evo
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • They're playing Melee top 8 up now, it's so much faster than Wii U version, WAY more fun to watch.
    GT: Knight640
  • Fun to watch? Seriously?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah it was brilliant fun. I was a bit dissapointed for hungrybox, the better player did win in the end though.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Fun to watch? Seriously?

Yes. Massively. The game is absolutely genius, means things are constantly on a knife edge. And the speed of it, it's incredible to watch even if you have the smallest grasp of how high a level they're playing it.
  • Zero is gonna move onto Melee.  I don't think he will find it as easy to dominate as he has done on Smash 4, the beauty of Melee is no one can dominate it for to long.
  • The downside of melee though is that its a game that is a pita to accommodate at tournies thanks to the crts and the length of time matched take. It's also a 'dead' game in that the developer sees no benefit to supporting it financially and is unable to interact or improve the game or do anything with user feedback because the game exists on a console that has no online capability anymore.

I wish the fans could move on, accept that melee has had its time in the sun and that its time to move forward WITH Nintendo on Smash WiiU. That would be so much better for their whole community than the current division that exists now.

There wont be a SF4 tourny at Evo next year as a main event, it is being replaced by SF5. A game which makes more concessions to new player accessibilty, including slowing of some aspects of gameplay, just as SF4 did when it replaced 3rd Strike. Are the SF community in uproar and calling for a boycott on 5 at majors? No, most are very open even though they acknowledge the changes may not be to their taste and have high hopes that SF5 will help grow the community and move the fgc closer towards the larger gaming professional circuits like CS:Go and LoL/Dota2.

I was gutted for the smash community and Nintendo to see Melee get the Sunday billing at Evo over the WiiU version.

The melee die hard pros and their dickriding fans need to get over themselves, let the new generation of players come through and help develop their scene, not keep trying to stamp it out like a bunch of petulant babies. One day all the wired gc pads will be scarce, and there will be no easily attainable 2nd hand working GCs or CRTs. What then? How will new players be able to get involved then?

I don't like Smash as a game to watch, but it has a place in the fgc, clearly, 250k viewers were watching the main stream for the finals, you cant argue with the numbers, but if the players want to see that place be maintained they really need to get over Smash and move on.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Pretty much agree with all of that rouj, apart from the watching bit.  It is time to move on from Melee, and I was a little bit gutted to hear Zero was targeting the GC Smash.
  • Doesn't Sakurai hate the idea of working towards making Smash a competitive game though? Although I agree with the logistical side of what you're saying, I don't think Nintendo have much interest in supporting it do they?

I might be out of date on this admittedly.
  • No one is gonna watch or play later Smash games though because they're neither fun to watch or play. Not fun for me to watch and not fun for them to play.

If Nintendo were on board and like Capcom it might have been different but they're not.

If you want an example of a game who's competitive scene has been killed by competitively dud sequels look no further than Halo.
  • Temps is correct, Sakurai repeatedly on record saying Smash is not a traditional competitive fighter and they have no desire to cater to that side of things specifically.

However, Nintendo are showing they will support Smash, they were sponsoring the Smash tournament at Evo. I don't know how willing they will be to help if their new games in the series keep getting bumped down the billing to Saturday at future Evos.

Knight, what you say may be true, but if no one gives the games a chance they'll never know. There were a ton of SF3 guys in 2009 saying they would never watch SF4 because it not as fast or things were changed, those guys have been proven completely wrong, SF4 has pulled bigger and bigger attendances at tournaments since it was released, bigger than SF3 managed to pull. If SF3 had stayed as the tournament standard, the entire fgc would be much smaller than it is today, because no one wants to try and get a foot in the door at the top level in a 10 year old + title, the experience gap is too big for all but the most dedicated players, you need to shake it up once in a while or games will stagnate and die.

If smash guys are happy for that to happen because they cant move on from Melee then fair enough, but that's a fucking pathetic attitude to have and just confirms my thoughts that they are largely selfish, dribbling, feces chucking, nintard autists, who are only interested in the money they can make now instead of trying to build a better scene for the future and who we would be better off without.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • If smash guys are happy for that to happen because they cant move on from Melee then fair enough, but that's a fucking pathetic attitude to have and just confirms my thoughts that they are largely selfish, dribbling, feces chucking, nintard autists, who are only interested in the money they can make now instead of trying to build a better scene for the future and who we would be better off without.
    Yeah you clearly don't understand the Smash scene, at all.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    If smash guys are happy for that to happen because they cant move on from Melee then fair enough, but that's a fucking pathetic attitude to have and just confirms my thoughts that they are largely selfish, dribbling, feces chucking, nintard autists, who are only interested in the money they can make now instead of trying to build a better scene for the future and who we would be better off without.

Probably could have been phrased in a less inflammatory manner, but I see what you're getting at. The RTS community couldn't have played StarCraft forever, the audience wouldn't have stayed. Eventually they'd need to move on to SC II or another game.

It's an awkward situation to be in. I think MLG moving from Halo 3 to Reach was the beginning of the end, but they couldn't play H3 forever, as much as the competitors may have wanted to. The current iteration of Smash is incredibly popular. My local board games shop bought a Wii U just to run Smash tournaments. The competitive Smash community can either keep up or get left behind. It's up to them.

And I can fully understand Nintendo not wanting to support Smash as a competitive game. While it must be frustrating for the high level players to see Capcom supporting the Street Fighter crowd, the high level FGC can be a toxic environment. I haven't seen it yet but apparently there was tea-bagging during the Mortal Kombat X finals at this years EVO. Nintendo have a family friendly image to protect. Can you imagine a real sporting event in which the player who just scored a goal walks over to the goal keeper and starts humping him?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Nintendo (of America) are supporting smash though. Just trying to make it the latest one.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!