Star Citizen
  • I havent actually read anything on it in a while but I would not be shocked if it has NFTs.
  • I happened to download it again today. Woke up in an apartment on some cloud city base place. Walked around for 10 minutes, went to a spaceship showroom, caught a space taxi to a space yard. Couldn't find where they keep my spaceship now and turned it off.
  • All valid points but I'm really starting to enjoy it. It has certainly been mismanaged and dollars have been squandered, but from sheer brute force via a silly cash supply cool things are appearing. 

PVP bounty hunting is win. Sometimes it's in a ship, but I like to wait and do a FPS hitman job. It's even better if target is in a group. Can be clunky, really clunky, but when it all come together it can be like nothing else. 

The community are nice but can be a little overenthusiastic.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • Where are the ships on cloud base?
  • There's a spaceport. It's marked on the maps/signs isn't it?
  • Dont forget your ice cream maker.
    Willrow-Hood-star-wars-looting-ice-cream-maker-cloud-city-1362705673g.gif
  • Dude bounties an entire MP group.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    It could be rather wonderful, and maybe one day it will be. But it needs some serious managing done to keep it under control.

If they had built a framework into which a community could work and contribute then it would have been something much more compelling.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The community feedback seems almost non-existent afaik which is a damn shame. They're definitely doing plenty of stat analysis to alleviate some gripes though, and not just the bugs.

It is getting there slowly but I'm not sure it'll ever go gold. It's just so bloated and splintered I'll be amazed if they ever fix major bugs. All that money though. It buys a lot of shit, some of it very good.

The bounty-jail thing is great. It was to stop players with expensive gear ganking the hell out of everything. The bigger the bounty the more that'll come after you, in groups if needed, so you get these cool sandbox experiences. Get caught and go to jail, and in jail you get to meet a lot of likeminded nutjobs who form criminal gangs. 

Prisons in SC are a thing.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I'm betting there's a lot of mutual back slapping internally about tech achievements that aren't shippable product.

I know developers like that who have no focus. They are completely fixed on building something to meet their own shifting desires (read as willing to scrap work and starting over to meet a grander vision) within a very loose (read too loose - these guys need tight supervision) brief from management, and take an age to ship anything if left to their own devices.

A user community can make noise. But investors? That's something entirely different.
  • I don't think of this glorious mess in terms of a roadmap or even a game. I see it as a shitload of cash spent on a thousand crazy things and as a bloated mess it's as magnificent as it is opulent. It's spectacular and shit and I love it because £40 buys a lot of insanity for your buck. I've spent £50 on games I've barely played but I'll always check in on this nutjob of a project.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    If you see it that way when paying out then fair enough.

And re unplayed games - yep - my tower of shame teeters.  :)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think DS is just racist against Space.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I see SG is nuts deep and revelling in it too.

What about the poor children who can't afford the best ships?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It’s ok the children are a simulation.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!