Oafhood
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    I once fell 60ft down a tin mine in Cornwall. Quite often, hangovers tend to get me in more trouble than the pissed part.
    That's fucked up! Are you serious?
    Yep. My Mum went mental when she read it in the papers. I thought it'd be best if I didn't tell her but hey ho.

That's crazy... What's the full story?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • nick_md wrote:
    Love seeing people look back at the ground after stumbling in an attempt to absolve them from responsibility for the stumble, "stupid ground!" when 90% of the time it's pyar oafishness. May have read that from someone here, but it's true.

I myself am like poised like a ibex.

A friend of mine used to do this. I've seen him go back and stamp on a piece of pavement and swear at it (seen him do the same with a 5-a-side goalpost).

Other things he's done:

Moaned about being given whisky in a child's beaker, then dropped the beaker (reputation earned).
    Attempted to right a half full can of coke he'd knocked over by placing it upside down on the carpet and returning to whatever game we were playing.
    Attempted to clean up cider he'd spilt with a bog roll I threw at him, which he failed to catch, by placing the entire roll on top of the liquid and moving it around a bit.
    He also still thinks he's highly skilled with an axe on account of how much we praised his technique and watched him do all the work, when in actual fact we were filming his swings whenever he turned his back, trying not to make eye contact whenever he stamped his leg down with the axe.
    He also couldn't get Sonic to go up a hill once, because he didn't seem to understand the whole take a run-up thing, but he's the best person I've ever known to have on your team in a pub quiz.
  • That does sound exactly like Retro
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Anyone remember when Homer spilled something on himself and called the dog to lick it off? I could see myself doing that...
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • That's crazy... What's the full story?

Stupidity, mainly. A group of us were down with a Cornish lad I used to live with. Got fucked on Tequila the night before (ate worm), decided it would be a good idea to climb alnong an old stone wall near some cliffs by the sea. I was vaguely aware of a large hole between me and end of wall, but being into rock climbing I thought the traverse would be easy. Fell backwards when I must have been directly over the hole and was suddenly astonished to be falling 60ft down a dark mineshaft, head looking downwards, exactly like a skydiver. Landed on two perfectly placed black bin bags full of lawn cuttings.

It was amaze actually. The first thing the coastguard said after he'd been winched to the bottom and seen the two bags amongst the rocks was, "You lucky fucker!". They were side by side, just longer then head to knee length and I hit them perfectly. Even if I'd rotated another 90 degrees either way I'd be dead. Couldn't rock climb after that, even though I was well into it. Tried a couple of times and nearly shat myself, even with a rope on and not taking the lead.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    And people laugh at me for being drunk on a bin.
  • Wow.  Lucky fucker indeed.
  • Yep. Because I landed on bin bags the headlines were stuff like "Trash landing" and "Down in the dumps".
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Fuck me. Hell of a way to cure a hangover.
  • 'You lucky fucker!' would've been the best headline too.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    That beats my golfball through the car window story for death defying luck then.  Did your life flash before your eyes?
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Nah. Didn't even have the grace to go slo mo, consequently it all happened so fast I didn't have time to get scared. Just thought, "Oh bugger".
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    In an episode of Sliders they actually visited a universe where you didn't survive. It was horrible.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    *Bin bags*

That's some Final Destination shit right there... One fuck of a story man...

Surely you kept the newspaper clipping?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • My Dad's got them somewhere.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Misshapen bin bag of a man.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    Ha Ha look at the clumsy gaijin.

His fingers are jumbo-sized!

(B's semi-local, though, as I understand.)

Skerret wrote:
    Recommended tactic is to go with it, drop into a push-up and bang out a quick 10 before springing to your feet.

Absoludicrous.

Bollockoff wrote:
    In an episode of Sliders they actually visited a universe where you didn't survive. It was horrible.

No, that was Wycliffe. His fellow climber was jealous of his lucky-fuckedness, so he killed him. But then, realising the irony, he handed himself in.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    [Absoludicrous.

Genius. Why the 80s always wins.

That has set me up for a shitty Monday in the office with the sun shining outside.
  • Have you weightloss mob discovered greater bodily control since slimming?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've always been pretty nimble regardless of mass.
  • I have a lackadaisical equilibrium.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    A reduction in girth hasn't resulted in any improvement in my spatial awareness unfortunately. If anything I was worse in my youth when I was slim(mer) but was physically maturing and getting naturally bigger.
  • Seems oafish has a social side, when i'm the model of hermitude and socially awry. I'd say i was lumpish in shape and movement but with nimble mental dexterity which results in a completely awkward result. I aspire to oafishness
  • Twice today I dropped something I was holding in an oafish manner, but both times caught the thing in mid air with ninja-like skills. So I'm half-oaf I guess.
  • I've got a lot better at throwing stuff in bins from a distance.
  • When I was a youngster I threw a typical teenage strop, kicked the door (but forgot I'd placed a backpack behind it earlier) and it immediately sprung back and smacked me in the face, only adding to my teen rage. Since then I've not been too clumsy.

I can be verbally and socially clumsy though, if rattled I occasionally blert out some mistimed rubbish. Just recently I jokingly called a friend of a friend a Nazi, forgetting all about her German ancestory. I meant it in the 'you're very well organised' way not in the 'some of us haven't forgotten the Blitz, young lady' sense. She was offended - I apologised naturally, but I suspect the damage is done. I'm always mortified when I do something like that.

I've also stumbled on the similarity of the words 'nonce' and 'ponce', thereby causing offense to someone who liked to spend time sorting his hair out in the mirror by accusing him of being a child-abuser.

Again, apologised.
  • Getting the stairs up to the third floor at work every time now, hoping to develop some oaf legs.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!