Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Above average is the new shite. He also said it's Dragon Age, which is the worst game ever.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Shut your Kow hole! YOU are the worst game ever. Harrumph!
    Get schwifty.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I am a strong 7.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    7 is the new 10. Which makes me an 11.
  • Kow wrote:
    7 is the new 10. Which makes me an 11.

Thats numberwang!
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Kow wrote:
    I am a strong 7.

You crashed during some ZX Spectrum alike loading screen. 1 out of 10.

Get schwifty.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I am the original tape loading error. That's a 9 in retro cool.
  • Only managed another hour on this and not gonna have opportunity to play again till Sunday. Activated the first atmosphere generator but gonna go back to a previous save as it appears I missed something, which isn't acceptable!
  • Raiziel wrote:
    pc71 wrote:
    So basically shite then. But by Christmas it should be very cheap and a bit less shite.

Well Cinty says above average, which is hardly shite.
    Just my disappointment showing, not normally so harsh. Mass effect introduced me to action RPGs and has a special place in my gaming heart. Plus hadn't had my second coffee!
    Peter3C
  • Via the medium of glitched animations and facial models, this game has entertained me more than most already.
  • I know I'll end up buying the feckin game when it's patched to fuck and 10 euros.
    Peter3C
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Verecocha wrote:
    Only managed another hour on this and not gonna have opportunity to play again till Sunday. Activated the first atmosphere generator but gonna go back to a previous save as it appears I missed something, which isn't acceptable!

You probably forgot to kill ten alien crab thingies, extract their juices and make a nice rejuvenating cream for that NPC with the tired face.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Only managed another hour on this and not gonna have opportunity to play again till Sunday. Activated the first atmosphere generator but gonna go back to a previous save as it appears I missed something, which isn't acceptable!

You probably forgot to kill ten alien crab thingies, extract their juices and make a nice rejuvenating cream for that NPC with the tired face.

I know what he missed. I missed it also as it was mentioned right at the end of an action sequence and half a second before a cutscene triggered - of it's the thing I'm thinking of. I don't even know what "it" is - I didn't go back.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Not space face cream then. Disappointing.
    Get schwifty.
  • Space Face Cream! The cream for your Face that works in Space!
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:

I know what he missed. I missed it also as it was mentioned right at the end of an action sequence and half a second before a cutscene triggered - of it's the thing I'm thinking of. I don't even know what "it" is - I didn't go back.

YOU DIDNT GO BACK?!

That's where I saw it too, I imagine it was in the mission briefs but I was too busy running around shooting stuff.
  • http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-21-how-to-actually-enjoy-mass-effect-andromeda

There's something wrong with a game that has an article with this title.
    Peter3C
  • I know I've got to stop but ffs they had 5 years!
    Peter3C
  • Did a biggish side quest today, a summary of what I had to do to complete it is as follows:
    Spoiler:

I did that mission after...
    Spoiler:

Mass Effect lol

I know that sounds like I'm taking the piss, but it's not all bad. I have 2 npcs that I actually quite like now and the combat (cover mechanic excepted) is actually really good. Jetpacking and charging across a battlefield to flank enemies is very fun indeed.

And, once again, there's been some decent writing and voice acting, hampered by a whole lot of middling-to-terrible writing and voice acting.

Better than Dragon Age, still, though.
  • pc71 wrote:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-21-how-to-actually-enjoy-mass-effect-andromeda

There's something wrong with a game that has an article with this title.

Best title.
  • pc71 wrote:
    I know I've got to stop but ffs they had 5 years!

I'd say play it for yourself. The only things I've noticed in 12 hours is a frame rate issue every now and again and the lip syncing is woeful sometimes. Aside from that it's just another Mass Effect. Dead easy to jump on the bandwagon for clicks. I played through the first three multiple times and this is just more of the same. Everyone bashing it when it's reviewed pretty well is super boring now.
  • pc71 wrote:
    I know I've got to stop but ffs they had 5 years!

Its a good game, it's a space sci-fi rpg and covers all the bases that the previous triology did. ME peaked with ME2, there is every chance MEA2 could do the same. I think it's being harshly judged. I also stand by my statement from an earlier post that moving from the Unreal Engine to Frostbite took up a large chunk of development time.

Agree with vere the bashing is getting dull. Play it yourself and judge. There are people on the zelda thread calling that game shite.

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    So what's wrong with the cover mechanic, Cinty?
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:

It's an autocover but it doesn't always snap or cover properly. I am probably in a minority here but I could have preferred a prompt to snap to cover.

I do understand the change, though, fighting is supposed to be much faster and you need to stay mobile. I just don't think it works as well as it needs to. Despite that, combat is solid - I bet the multiplayer on this will be tops.
  • Raiziel wrote:

I know you asked Cinty but I imagine it's the same issue as Haak and I discussed.

If so it's because it's automatic so there's no weight behind it, no button to snap-to. I've kinda got used to it but it is very alien when you're used to a weighty snap to cover.

My major gripe with the game is having to hold options to holster weapons.

EDIT:...too late.
  • I'm in no rush and will follow thread.
    Peter3C
  • Wot Vere said.

Combat is great isn't it. I keep switching my myriad of attacks as it flows so well. Currently using Pull, Concussion shot and the ground pound thing, how technical am I!
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Wot Vere said.

Combat is great isn't it. I keep switching my myriad of attacks as it flows so well. Currently using Pull, Concussion shot and the ground pound thing, how technical am I!

Yeah, best thing about the game, easily. Depending on the enemy type, I'm flicking between energy drain, overload and singularity, always backed up by assault turret. Then I often get in close with mah Shotty!

I'm not really one for shooty-bang combat systems but they did a good job here.
  • This twitter post leads to a really interesting thread about game animation: https://twitter.com/GameAnim/status/844961601732018176

Hopefully he turns it into a blog post or something because twitter is not the ideal format for what he wants to say, but it is interesting. Basic gist is, they probably lowered quality of the base algorithm that works out these speech>animation situations from ME1-3 as they wanted to go for a more thorough approach like W3, but severely underestimated the amount of work involved to get it done in 5 Years.

Also as an interesting aside, the original Mass Effect had 8 hours of facial performance recorded to be used in the animation of the game, whereas Horizon: Zero Dawn had 15 - the demand for higher verisimilitude in games means that an open world game like H:ZD now has more animation in it than an RPG like ME did ten years prior.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!