Mass Effect Universe (Spoilers)
  • Just dawned on me that the Krogan line is from Avengers oh no
  • Tempy wrote:
    Just dawned on me that the Krogan line is from Avengers oh no

There's actually quite a few pop culture quotes played for lols. Most of the time it works ok.
  • And that, lads, is that...Completed!
  • Come play MP with us cinty
  • I had this waiting at home on way back from Glasgow. Not gonna bother with sp.
  • I’ve already written some notes on this game, as i was still playing, so i’ll try not to repeat myself too much. Even though I completed it quite quickly I actually ended with a 79% completion rate, so I saw most of what the game has to offer. Here goes…

There are some side quest spoilers as well as spoilers about my feelings towards the tone and structure of the ending, and spoilers about races and teammates, romances etc. I’d argue it’s nothing massive, but that type of thing varies from person to person. So, as always, i’ll spoiler the lot and ask that you click at your own discretion.

A 4,741 word review of Mass Effect: Andromeda
    Spoiler:

tl;dr

I liked it, despite some massive issues. At its best it really is a Mass Effect game. As its worst…just, lol. By the end I had actually changed my opinion from it’s fine to, it’s actually good, but there remains a lot of stuff to wade through to get there.

So, for ME fans, i’d say it is worth buying, but not worth rushing out for.
  • That review is 5 times the length of what I have currently written for my Lit essay and that is due tomorrow.
  • Tempy wrote:
    That review is 5 times the length of what I have currently written for my Lit essay and that is due tomorrow.

• Do you want to write my lit essay
  • lol no.

I only wrote that review because I didn't want to do my actual homework. We could swap but...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Jaysus fuk
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Now you are a pure liquid white canvas base for P5.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Too much Bob Ross.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    Now you are a pure liquid white canvas base for P5.

I can't wait to put my pure liquid white over P5
  • Another hour or so in this today. Another couple of team members. No romance yet but trying it on with Cora at every opportunity. She will be mine.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Another hour or so in this today. Another couple of team members. No romance yet but trying it on with Cora at every opportunity. She will be mine.

Still loving it?

Think we're at about the same place - it feels like it's getting into a groove for me now!  At least it's the first day where I've been at work, thinking about going home to play.  Lots of missions opening up that are interesting, getting to know the characters (and taking an interest in what they've got so say, rather than just exhausting dialogue trees, hoping to unlock a new mission) and systems a bit better.  Suppose one thing about a poor menu - you at least get used to it and it's less painful the more you play.  Also getting used to the new lore and jargon and less things seem to be going over my head.
    I’ve already written some notes on this game, as i was still playing, so i’ll try not to repeat myself too much. Even though I completed it quite quickly I actually ended with a 79% completion rate, so I saw most of what the game has to offer. Here goes… There are some side quest spoilers as well as spoilers about my feelings towards the tone and structure of the ending, and spoilers about races and teammates, romances etc. I’d argue it’s nothing massive, but that type of thing varies from person to person. So, as always, i’ll spoiler the lot and ask that you click at your own discretion. A 4,741 word review of Mass Effect: Andromeda
    Spoiler:
    tl;dr I liked it, despite some massive issues. At its best it really is a Mass Effect game. As its worst…just, lol. By the end I had actually changed my opinion from it’s fine to, it’s actually good, but there remains a lot of stuff to wade through to get there. So, for ME fans, i’d say it is worth buying, but not worth rushing out for.

Great review!  Heartening to read too.

Think I'll avoid crafting completely.  Don't normally like that kind of thing, but am a sucker for special armour sets.  Really does seem like more mucking around than it's worth though.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Another hour or so in this today. Another couple of team members. No romance yet but trying it on with Cora at every opportunity. She will be mine.

My man! Cora is my gal, too, and the Cora romance route is great. Although I've started a second playthrough as Sara Ryder and I'll probs go Peebee.
  • Heartening to read too.

I'm glad you thought so. I've been critical of this game but I like to think I've also been fair. There's some stuff here which is inexcusable but there's also a lot to like. I was worried that the praise was getting lost amongst my bitching.
  • Definitely still loving it Wario! As Cinty has kind of said, almost a flawed gem. I can completely understand why people would potentially be put off because of all the terrible press, but at the same time it's actually reviewed quite well and it's simply struggled more with coming out in the same window as Zelda and Horizon.

Definitely getting into a groove, and really looking forward to getting properly stuck in now and uncovering some more of the main storyline and characters. Plus I just want more and more combat. Seems to be throwing character points at me so I can get absolutely tooled up!

Glad you're feeling the same dude!
  • Heartening to read too.
    I'm glad you thought so. I've been critical of this game but I like to think I've also been fair. There's some stuff here which is inexcusable but there's also a lot to like. I was worried that the praise was getting lost amongst my bitching.

Haha, don't worry it was a balanced write up!  The problems with the game are there for all to see; you really can't write about the game as a whole without mentioning them. I did like reading that you come across some good characters and stories the more you play.  Not just the shooting and exploring holding the game up.  Given there are some poor side missions early on that can influence how I look at subsequent quests, picking apart every little detail, questioning everything that happens.  That's fine from a critical point of view but I don't find it terribly fun!
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Definitely still loving it Wario! As Cinty has kind of said, almost a flawed gem. I can completely understand why people would potentially be put off because of all the terrible press, but at the same time it's actually reviewed quite well and it's simply struggled more with coming out in the same window as Zelda and Horizon. Definitely getting into a groove, and really looking forward to getting properly stuck in now and uncovering some more of the main storyline and characters. Plus I just want more and more combat. Seems to be throwing character points at me so I can get absolutely tooled up! Glad you're feeling the same dude!

Good to hear man!

Yeah can't blame anyone for giving it a wide berth but agree there's enough to enjoy if you can look past its issues.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Christ Cinty that's some write up. Will read as at lunch as I don't really plan on playing it. What did you clock the game in at? Seemed like you blew through it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Picked up the trilogy on PC for £7 something from CD keys and had a couple of hours on 1 last night.  Playing as femshep as I originally played as dudeshep. It is a bit janky (the camera is a bit wobbly and combat is as bad as I remembered) but it's good to meet the gang again.  I'm probably going to blast through this as quickly as I can to get onto 2.  Is there any indispensable dlc I should pick up for 2? I got some free but there are still some which I can purchase.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Shadow Broker was quite good from what I remember. Re: DLC
  • Speedhaak wrote:
    Christ Cinty that's some write up. Will read as at lunch as I don't really plan on playing it. What did you clock the game in at? Seemed like you blew through it.

50 hours.
  • Can't really remember most of them but Shadow Broker is very good. Arrival is a story bridge to ME3 that won't unlock until the main game is finished. Overlord is pretty big and decent, from memory.

Firewalker is a hover tank thing and a few environments to fly it round in. Not great but it gives you the same stuff as mining planets without the tedium. So that's good if you want less grind.

Just buy it all.
  • I still haven't read cinty's review but I probably should cos i don't think I'll actually play the SP

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!