Mass Effect Universe (Spoilers)
  • Seinfeld hands up.gif
  • What's the gif for "ok I'm out"

My post is in reference to this.

Gonzo fucking baited me with a page turn.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    I was thinking it would be great to play through them all again but also I don't have 200 hours to spare

Think I might find the time over the course of the summer. If we're going to be in lockdown like...
  • I am 'looking forward to this' but I can't shake the feeling that this is going to be chock full of bugs and glitches - rendering it in its true form, a cynical cash-in. 

I do hope I am wrong but I doubt it.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • 60 quid on PSN.

Lolololololo
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Outrageous.
  • Yeah I'm out if it is 60 notes on Xbox.
    Especially as GP/EA Play has all the originals and DLC.
    There will likely be an EA Play discount but I was thinking £40 for this before discount.

If I had never played them then yeah they are worth £60 but I would bet most people interested are double dipping.
  • The sad thing is though is that I'll probably pick it up at that insane price anyway. Don't like waiting for games through the post and too lazy to go the shop even if it was open. I am the type of moron that's responsible for the perpetuation of stupid download prices.

Will definitely be double dipping ( post reviews ) because I have a oddly thwarted past relationship with the series. Got all the way to the near end with ME1 but gave up because I couldn't beat the boss. Started ME2 with a new Shepard and managed to finish that one (best in series).  Think I carried on with that Shepard in to ME3 but never finished the game because I got bored with its shooting mechanics.

So I've never actually completed the original Mass Effect triology all the way through with the same Shepard. Come May, I will finally have a chance to rectify that.

Edit: hang on, I think I now recall playing one of them on PC which meant I couldn't port my my save when I later switched to Xbox, so yeah, definitely never had a single Shepard playthrough!
  • I bought a digital only console so I'm not one to judge.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I bought a digital only console so I'm not one to judge.
  • It’s unlikely to be choc full
    Of bugs what with if Being a port of the original code which wasn’t that buggy on 360
    The Forum Herald™
  • What if the original code Bob was to somehow become corrupted?

https://screenrant.com/mass-effect-legendary-edition-dlc-missing-code-corruption/
  • One of the best gaming decisions I ever made was to go back to ME1 two years after trying it for c2 hrs.
  • Ill wait for a sale and nab it then possibly......but Ill probably still have no console to play it on anyway....
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Fuck it, I’m in. Forget playing through on 360 BC, it looks like dog shit and is annoying me. Only just left the Citadel so I’m not far in. 

I just hope I get to do the first 2 this year!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • What exactly is this 'remaster' bringing to the table? As far as I understand it assets are now rendered in 4k but this 'legendary edition' is designed to run solely on last gen machines which can't output to 4k...it runs in current gen, which can display in 4k, but only runs  in backwards compatibility mode, which means what exactly, it can't do 60 fps?

Edit: ok current gen versions will run 60fps with HDR and faster load times apparently. But I think for PS4 we're just getting extra lens flare....
  • Last gen machines can run 4k depending on the machine.
  • I'm playing 3 at the moment, this is the one that needs the least amount of attention but here is a list of things that need looking at for me.

1. Remove the MP links to Galactic Readiness in SP as there won't be an MP.

2. Prevent the game from trying to connect to servers at launch or fix what its connecting to because on BC this causes infinite loops sometimes.

3. Fog effect in Javik's room on the Normandy gives Shepard a weird halo. There will be better ways of doing that now.

4. There is still minor texture pop in. No excuse on an SSD.

5. 4k texture pack, improved lighting effects.

6. Remove animation that masks loading to and from War Room on Normandy.

That is about it really. ME 2 will likely have a similar list.
    ME1 is what you are paying for, it feels like its from a different gen to ME3. In fact I would go as far as saying ME3 feels like an early Bone/PS4 game.
  • What they have done is:

1. Reduce Miranda bum camera shots.

2. Made Mass Effect 1 HuD the same as Mass Effect 2.

3. Added lense flare.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    What they have done is:

1. Reduce Miranda bum camera shots.

2. Made Mass Effect 1 HuD the same as Mass Effect 2.

3. Added lense flare.

IM OUT DISGRACEFUL. SHE HAS A LOVELY BUM.
  • Apparently they're using an AI program to automatically upscale the in-game textures to 4k.  So they're not using individual human devs and artists to re-do  in game assets like weapons, clothing etc - but just doing it grand scale via an algorithm or something?. This sounds like a a minimum effort / maximum profit type of release don't it?

When they did the remasters of Dark souls for PS5 I assume they showed in the preview trailers artist's retexturing and remaking all of the game assets? It's part & parcel of what you expect from a remaster, ain't it? That 'attention to detail'  when it comes to the remastering process. Even if that is typically just all hokum, and is there just for hype purposes, I'm not seeing it with Mass Effect.
  • I'd say dark souls is a 'remake' - I.e. Built again from the ground up. Remaster is just taking OG assets and making more shiny.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    According to the Demon’s Souls devs they actually rebuilt the OG PS3 game on the PS5 before adding all the new stuff. Would be a nice Easter egg to have that available to players.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm not going to lie, me, Mr woke, would like a nice Miranda bum
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Not sure it will suit you.
  • Demon Souls was a full remake yeah, but then it was one game for £70 not 3 games plus DLC for £60.
    Normally OG assets could be used to bake textures to 4k but I guess going back 2 gens that is a bit much, especially for ME1. Looking at it I think ME1 musty have some hands on work going on as well, I don't think the original assets would be all that useful as a kicking off point if I'm honest.
    ME1 is really a totally different beast to 2 & 3.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I’m pretty sure they said ME1 had some manual work on top of the AI stuff. I’m sure it’s in one of the videos.
  • It sounds right.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:

5:40 because I’m sad I went back and checked. They said in ME1 and 2 pretty much every character armour and weapon were hand touched.

• Except Miranda's bottom, because you're not allowed to hand touch that any more.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!