Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • No watching.

I'm doing that thing again.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Good choice, there's a split second shot of the new state of the art animatronic puppet character "Flarbl Queeg" who is, if sources are to be believed, the real piece of shit who tipped Han off about working with the Hutts! Setting him on the bad path! There's a 750 issue comic series abotu the life and death of Flarbl Queeg coming out in the run up to The Last Jedi, via Image Comics, which controversially spoils the entire Han Solo film, but critics are still calling it "a great yarn" and "a true space opera for the generations" and "I don't care about Star Wars but I love Flarbl Queeg more than my wife."
  • baby driver

Like most Edgar Wright films, it needs multiple viewings to appreciate everything he's put in the film. That saying, I thought it was a totally the least Edgar Wright film I've seen, with the humour being much darker than what I've seen before.
    I loved the idea of the music being used to mark the rhythm of peoples actions. I just felt I needed to watch it all again to catch everything.
    Didn't see the point of the love interest what so ever.
    Also, a week after seeing it, I've not really thought about it once. Gave me similar thoughts as mad max, excellent in what it does, but not really thought about it much since seeing it.
    Sound track is amazing.

Without that then
    Spoiler:
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Oh wait it's a behind the scenes thing is it?

Like they did last year?
  • Apes was great. Overall a great trilogy. It does suffer with some annoying coincidences throughout to propel the story along and there are the occasional daft character choice to remind you that it's a dumb big budget Hollywood film.

Ceaser is a great character although I thought his story in the 3rd film wasn't really fleshed out enough and felt a little flat.

Suffux work is absolutely stella . Will be buying the blu ray for them glorious extras.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Skerret wrote:
    We should start from the beginning, or near it.  How about that Cabinet of Dr Caligari eh?

retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • MattyJ wrote:
    baby driver

Like most Edgar Wright films, it needs multiple viewings to appreciate everything he's put in the film. That saying, I thought it was a totally the least Edgar Wright film I've seen, with the humour being much darker than what I've seen before.
    I loved the idea of the music being used to mark the rhythm of peoples actions. I just felt I needed to watch it all again to catch everything.
    Didn't see the point of the love interest what so ever.
    Also, a week after seeing it, I've not really thought about it once. Gave me similar thoughts as mad max, excellent in what it does, but not really thought about it much since seeing it.
    Sound track is amazing.

Without that then
    Spoiler:

Could have been achieved without her.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • RoboCop turns 30 today, or do Twitter suggests.

One of the few perfect 10s and one of the 3 best films ever made, don't you know?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Can you fly Bobby boy?!
  • Who has the old forum? Want to try and dig out Rich Edge being wrong about RoboCop.
  • Triple Threat: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6643972/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_2

These guys:

MV5BYjYyZWJlZmQtZTYyMi00Nzc1LWI3NTUtOTJmMGE0ZGRjZWQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQ2NjM0NTY@._V1_.jpg

vs These folk:

MV5BYWNlZDkxZDktNTZiNy00N2UyLWJlZDItZjhkMzYzMjdjZTQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDA0MTExMjc@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,733_AL_.jpg

Cannae wait!

From the director who is also bringing us this Adkins/Stevenson/MJW/Darth Maul/Amy Johnston/Tim Man stunty-goodness:  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6237612/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Guns vs ability to levitate.

My money's on guns.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    So looking forward to Blade Runner 2049.
    Get schwifty.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    So looking forward to Blade Runner 2049.

Yup. I hated the idea of it originally but I'm getting more and more excited about it. I'm setting myself up for disappointment.
  • I still think Ryan Gosling looks a tad unconvincing as a replicant hunter.

I hope it's not another dial-in performance from Harrison Ford.

Robin Wright is a great casting.

Is the original worth watching on Blu-ray? - as I've never watched it properly.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    What's most exciting is the director, and I think he's more than capable of coaxing excellent performances from all involved.
    Get schwifty.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    I still think Ryan Gosling looks a tad unconvincing as a replicant hunter.

I hope it's not another dial-in performance from Harrison Ford.

Robin Wright is a great casting.

Is the original worth watching on Blu-ray? - as I've never watched it properly.

Absolutely, make sure it's the Final Cut though.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Blocks, try to watch it with headphones or surroundy sound to fully appreciate the atmosphere and Vangelis soundtrack.  My tuppence.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • In other news, really enjoyed War for the Planet of the Apes.   A great way to end things.  Really enjoyed the
    Spoiler:

And while I enjoyed the new 'Bad Ape' towards the end he was becoming more of a throwaway comedy asset, rather than a proper character I thought. But still, the CGI was proper amaze as many people here have said. Despite the splendour of Andy Serkis's 'performance' though, I don't get this clamour for 'give him an Oscar!. I don't fully understand the mechanics of motion-capture either, but you know, he's not really there - give him credits for the SFX though by all means.

Despite what another poster in here said recently, i don't think the ending set things up for a 4th installment and i hope the rumours of another film are false.  Best end on a high, yeah?

Nine missing links out of Ten.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • As far as the motion capture is concerned, he actually is there - he acts in the scenes on set with all of the other actors and they insert the CG later.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • That looks fucking glorious.
  • BBC showed Die Hard with a Vengeance the other night.
    Just watching the recording now.

They cut any shot of the sandwich board meaning that whole section makes no sense whatsoever.

If you can't or won't show the board put a different movie on, there are a few to choose from.
  • Good grief that is so lame BBC.
  • Weird in that there's a TV-safe version where his sign says
    Spoiler:
    Fun Fact:
    Spoiler:
  • There are only 1.5 good Die Hard films.  Die Hard 3 is not one of them.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Is it 0.5 of one?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah its absolute fucking nonsense but fun, like all the Die Hard films.

Look at it. Its magnificent.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!