Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • I genuinely hope they manage to have Thanos be more than just "guy who wants gems to destroy planets" or something just as simple. Justice League was the worst example of it in recent memory so it can't be worse than that. Ultron had some Whedon pontificating which made him a bit better. Loki was good as he was flawed and not all powerful. But still it all ends in punching. One day maybe the "final battle" might not actually be a battle. I'm still keen for this though, even just because there will no doubt be some consequences and losses which should add some weight to what is normally a low risk action affair.
    AFAIK:
    Spoiler:
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Hoping for a series of films based on comic book superheroes to end without a scrap feels like you're pissing into the wind a bit.
  • Class trailer, I'm in.
    Yes.
    Hoping for a series of films based on comic book superheroes to end without a scrap feels like you're pissing into the wind a bit.
    Yes.

There’s lots of other films out there to get excited about if you don’t like or enjoy the Marvel stuff. Can’t help but feel like the energy spent wheeling out the same old tired whinges about them could be better spent being positive about some you do like.

Gamertag: gremill
  • God I hope that we go with the Thanos is in love with Death and is doing all of this to prove his love to her thing.
  • I would have to figure it's on the cards - seems unlikely that they'd sign up Cate Blanchett for a one-and-done Thor film.
  • Now please take this with a pinch of salt as I love superhero/Marvel films and always have a significant amount of hype for them...

That looks amazing.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Thank god for Spider sense. Would never have spotted that sideways football Stadium floating in the sky without it.
  • An avenger has to be killed off in this two parter and one of the main ones. Otherwise the whole infinity gauntlet loses credibility. I think we might lose Cap or Iron Man. This is definitely the culmination of phase 1/2/3.

Phase 4 starts in 2019/2020 with a new story arc and a whole load of new characters to introduce alongside the survivors of infinity war.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Class trailer, I'm in.
    Yes.
    Yes.

There’s lots of other films out there to get excited about if you don’t like or enjoy the Marvel stuff. Can’t help but feel like the energy spent wheeling out the same old tired whinges about them could be better spent being positive about some you do like.

Dunno if that angle will take off tbh
  • djchump wrote:
    I would have to figure it's on the cards - seems unlikely that they'd sign up Cate Blanchett for a one-and-done Thor film.

Hela and Death are different people. They won't do it, but I want actual Death.

tb4.jpg
  • Looks like a Marvel film... but CGI baddie looks terrible. Worse than Hulk somehow. Classic uncanny valley shit.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Class trailer, I'm in.
    Yes.
    Yes.

Nah mate they're absolute shit
  • Oh.

My.

God.

"Somebody get this man a shield"

ACTUAL TEARS IN MY EYES!!!
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • djchump wrote:
    I would have to figure it's on the cards - seems unlikely that they'd sign up Cate Blanchett for a one-and-done Thor film.

Hela and Death are different people. They won't do it, but I want actual Death.

tb4.jpg

I can’t remember exactly but I read some comic or other where
    Spoiler:
  • There was an actual thread for comic book films I thought.

Anyway, I just watched Geostorm. It was as spectacularly shit as hoped.
  • JonB wrote:
    There was an actual thread for comic book films I thought.
    I don't think it ever took off...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Gremill wrote:
    Class trailer, I'm in.
    Yes.
    Yes.

Nah mate they're absolute shit
    Well why didn’t you say that before?! Now we know where you stand.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • No way RDJ is getting out of that film alive.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    ty grem im glad people finally understand and long may this respect continue
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I just watched Wonder Woman. I rather enjoyed it, which is quite the surprise as I find most of these comic book movies shit.
    Get schwifty.
  • Yes, could probably take this chat to Tempy-thread...

But anyway, I wasn't having a whinge about the punchy-ness of it. I still very much enjoy the Marvel films and the popcorn type of action they do. I just hope that at some point they try to tell some different stories apart from bad guy, beat bad guy. I suppose civil war was a slight side stepped attempt at that.

I feel like they're very close to doing it.
  • OMFG... THAT TRAILER THOUGH. Actual goosebumps. I'm in!!

Despite there being waaaay too many of these, i've really enjoyed the ones i've seen... except Age of Ultron, and I'm excited to see it all tied up until the next phase or whatever.
  • Wooooaaaahhh! Reaction vid!!!!! NO WAY!
  • Re-watched Civil War.

The airport scene is a MASTERPIECE of character, comedy and spectacle.

Brilliant film.

I have total faith in the Russos.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Wasn't Age of Ultron seen as a bloated mess due to too many characters and this is just adding more to it?
  • Just watched trailer. Hope CapAm eats shit and dies. Can’t stand the cunt. 

#TeamIron4Lyfe
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I haven't seen 90% of them but even I know rdj must die. Spoiler.
  • Wasn't Age of Ultron seen as a bloated mess due to too many characters and this is just adding more to it?

Civil War was the last team-up movie, had more characters than Ultron and was received extremely well.
  • I can only assume most characters will be grouped together with some kind of split action (see end of Return of the Jedi).
    Most won't have any kind of arc, many probably won't even have many/any lines. They could probably CG in the likes of Ant Man and Drax and use audio from other films.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!