Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    It feels like that alright.
  • Kow wrote:
    I doubt it. Most comic book films are lumped into one category because they are in fact all very similar. I know because I've seen them.

Yeah but all westerns are pretty similar. 

All period dramas.

All horrors.

Etc

All people Kow. Just think about that for a second...
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Wow, that's deep, man! I'll have to reevaluate the men in tights kids movies in light of that.
  • giphy.gif
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    WigglyHiddenBluegill-size_restricted.gif

We’re men! We’re men in tights TIGHT tights! We roam around the forest looking for fights!

LOVE THAT MOVIE
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Here is another story of wanting to not believe the bad reviews of Mute and so deciding to watch it.
    Its bullshit. Complete bullshit.
    And the worst thing is its boring. A very drab story trying to be something more. Awful.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Watched BluRay of Close Encounters of the Third Kind last night. A favourite of mine. Lots of nostalgia wrapped up in it. I remember seeing this in the cinema. :)

Went for the director's cut option - don't fancy watching the Special Edition cut as it includes scenes inside the mothership which should never have been done. There's an original theatrical cut on the disc too which I will probably watch.

Some gorgeous big sky shots.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Parp-parp-parp-PARP-PARP
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Shouldn't have had those Brussels sprouts
  • Kevin Smith survived a massive heart attack yesterday. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I've always enjoyed his films, and his comics have always been a great read, so I'm quite glad he's still around.
  • Of all his output, I like his podcasts the best. Slowly working my way through Fatman on Batman and Hollywood Babble-On backlog.
  • Here is another story of wanting to not believe the bad reviews of Mute and so deciding to watch it.
    Its bullshit. Complete bullshit.
    And the worst thing is its boring. A very drab story trying to be something more. Awful.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

My wife’s mate put her daughter forward for Rudd’s daughter in Mute. Dodged a massive bullet there. She was pretty upset when she found out the general plot as none of that was disclosed in the initial interview.
  • IT, the new one.  Not half bad tbh, I was bracing myself for something much worse.  Frogface from Stranger Things is a shit Ritchie, and pretty lazy casting for an 80's pals-united thing, but other than some noticeable gaps in the ages of the actors they're not really a bad bunch.  Pennywise did a bit too much demonic contorting, but he could've been far worse too.  It helps that I love the book so much.  The completely expected sidestepping of a certain scene means I found this article while trying to convince my wife I wasn't crazy:

Top 5 sickest Stephen King sex scenes

[6] for the film.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Here is another story of wanting to not believe the bad reviews of Mute and so deciding to watch it. Its bullshit. Complete bullshit. And the worst thing is its boring. A very drab story trying to be something more. Awful.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    My wife’s mate put her daughter forward for Rudd’s daughter in Mute. Dodged a massive bullet there. She was pretty upset when she found out the general plot as none of that was disclosed in the initial interview.
    oooff. yeah that bit took a bit of a turn......
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Kevin Smith survived a massive heart attack yesterday. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I've always enjoyed his films, and his comics have always been a great read, so I'm quite glad he's still around.

I saw that earlier today. Poor guy. I haven’t enjoyed any of his post-Dogma stuff, but his early movies were huge favourites of mine at the time. Always adored Clerks and Mallrats.

Have to admit though, they don’t stand up well to rewatching nowadays. Especially Chasing Amy.
  • I liked his films when I was a teenager, can't stand them anymore. Dialogue awful. Acting awful. Jokes awful. I think I kinda enjoyed Red State at the time of release, likely as it's the least KS film of the lot that I've seen.

Still, don't wish him any heart attacks or anything, he definitely serves a purpose in cinema for many people.
  • Of the View Askewniverse, Dogma is the best for me, but I love them all. Still gutted my Mallrats poster didn't survive the last house move.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That's shit news, he'd lost a load of weight at one point, guessing that dammed American diet has put it all back on again?

I used to love em and think I'd still like them, though haven't watched any in a while. Dogma is brilliant, though I have, for some inexplicable reason, a soft spot for Clerks II.
  • b0r1s wrote:
    I have, for some inexplicable reason, a soft spot for Clerks II.

Yeah, that’s certainly inexplicable.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I liked his films when I was a teenager, can't stand them anymore.

I think they were very much ‘of their time’. Chasing Amy in particular feels fucking neanderthal in its attitudes nowadays, considering it’s supposed to be a movie about accepting people for who they are.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    I have, for some inexplicable reason, a soft spot for Clerks II.

Yeah, that’s certainly inexplicable.

It’s not even like I can justify it in anyway.

• poprock wrote:
    Kevin Smith survived a massive heart attack yesterday. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I've always enjoyed his films, and his comics have always been a great read, so I'm quite glad he's still around.

I saw that earlier today. Poor guy. I haven’t enjoyed any of his post-Dogma stuff, but his early movies were huge favourites of mine at the time. Always adored Clerks and Mallrats.

Have to admit though, they don’t stand up well to rewatching nowadays. Especially Chasing Amy.

His films are pretty poor - but I’m a fan of his podcasting. Smodcast, when him and Mosier are in the mood, is hilarious. Fat man on Batman was brilliant right up until they changed the format to turn it into a general nerd news feed it it’d unlistenable now. Edumacation is brilliant too.

Hope he recovers, seems like a really decent chap.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Tbh I prefer FoB now that it is the general show - Marc Bernardin’s great. Smith’s great strength is the community of friends he’s got/built up around him. Same for Ralph on HBO.
  • Three Billboards.  Maybe I'm broken, but I was disappointed.  It's a good film with some cracking performances and plenty of wonderful scenes, but I was anticipating full-blown greatness and it came up short.  A mishmash of deeply arresting drama and oddly incongruous lightness.  That's the point, I'm sure, but Calvary nailed it, so that and In Bruges remain my favourites of the brothers' output.  Da fuck was going on with Woody's wife?
  • The casting of that rock guy in Thor was first fucking class.
  • Well done, that man.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Da fuck was going on with Woody's wife?

That was one of very few things that bothered me about Billboards and it also took me longer than it should have done to realise it was Abbie Cornish.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!