Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • Nude nuns with big guns

Bizarrely not enough nude nuns or big guns.
    The Forum Herald™
  • WorKid wrote:
    Honestly, I was really struggling to think of a film I wanted to see less than Mama Mia, so it was really kind of them to put me out of my misery and come up with a sequel.

I have no desire to see the 2, but Mama Mia is a guilty pleasure.

Actually, I don't really feel guilty about it. 

I own the Blueray.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Blimey.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • It's the big one tonight.

Isle of Dogs - at long last!

Fully expecting to love it.
  • JRPC wrote:
    WorKid wrote:
    Honestly, I was really struggling to think of a film I wanted to see less than Mama Mia, so it was really kind of them to put me out of my misery and come up with a sequel.

I have no desire to see the 2, but Mama Mia is a guilty pleasure.

Actually, I don't really feel guilty about it. 

I own the Blueray.

Same. I bloody love it.
    It’s just a big old bubbly bundle of happiness.
    Can’t wait for the second one, gonna go see it Monday (on my own of course lol)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kermode had given the sequel 5 stars in the guardian!
  • Shame about Gunn. He was one of the only Marvel directors who seemed to be able to put his own stamp on his movies.
    I feel like if anyone writes a statement like Cernovich, or whatever his name is, wrote in his insane and ridiculous tweet it should be discounted. Gunn's tweets are bad for sure and I don't feel like they shouldn't be discussed in terms of his career and who he is now but instantly caving to an insane cunt like that right-wing guy is just plain gross and cowardly by Disney.
  • "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • JRPC wrote:
    Kermode had given the sequel 5 stars in the guardian!

Have you heard his review on his 5live radio show?
    Gushing isn’t the word.
    He’s practically singing and dancing when discussing it.

My old man came over last night to spend time together and help look after the kids whilst my wife is away.
    He mentioned he saw the last half of Mama Mia on itv the other day and bloody loved it! Said he wished he saw the whole thing.

So we sat and watched the blu Ray together whilst singing along.

Campest father/son evening ever.
    We told my wife that we watched Bond movies all night
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Kermode had given the sequel 5 stars in the guardian!
    Have you heard his review on his 5live radio show? Gushing isn’t the word. He’s practically singing and dancing when discussing it. My old man came over last night to spend time together and help look after the kids whilst my wife is away. He mentioned he saw the last half of Mama Mia on itv the other day and bloody loved it! Said he wished he saw the whole thing. So we sat and watched the blu Ray together whilst singing along. Campest father/son evening ever. We told my wife that we watched Bond movies all night

Ha, that's awesome. 

God I'd watch MM over Bond any day of the week.

Had assumed the sequel would be pants. I shall look forward to it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    A DC film that looks like a decent, fun watch?

What's going on?
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    We told my wife that we watched Bond movies all night

Gail , Lizzie: What are you two talking about?

Spud , Tommy: Football! What are you talking about?

Gail , Lizzie: Shopping!
  • A DC film that looks like a decent, fun watch? What's going on?

Did you see the Shazam trailer?

That looked decent. Big, but with superheroes. 

Aquaman?

Unconvinced. Looks a bit like another CG mess.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    My friend wanted to see Mamma Mia 2 (and I will admit that I was curious) so I went last night. It is not anywhere near as good as the original, mostly due to featuring fewer major ABBA songs (at least in terms of those that I recognise - the songs were the only thing that made the first one enjoyable for me), and it strangely leaves a fairly significant plot point hanging, completely unresolved. Not great...
  • jdanielp wrote:
    My friend wanted to see Mamma Mia 2 (and I will admit that I was curious) so I went last night. It is not anywhere near as good as the original, mostly due to featuring fewer major ABBA songs (at least in terms of those that I recognise - the songs were the only thing that made the first one enjoyable for me), and it strangely leaves a fairly significant plot point hanging, completely unresolved. Not great...

This was my worry.

No 'thank you for the music', no deal!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Just watched that Shazam trailer. Pass.
  • The CG for Aquaman looks proper video game. I'm not sure why.

Shazam does look fun though.

How about that (Teen) Titans trailer though. Pure gold...
  • The CG for Aquaman looks proper video game. I'm not sure why. Shazam does look fun though. How about that (Teen) Titans trailer though. Pure gold...

None of the TV stuff, DC or Marvel, has done anything for me at all. 

I quite liked DD season 1. Just. 

But no.
  • Did either link I posted show up properly? Godzilla: King of the Monsters trailer.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • The Godzilla trailer was a bit meh really.

Ill see it. 

It could be fine. 

But basically the whole damn film is right there in the trailer.
  • Probably.

I'm up for it, even though I know its not the same production group as the excellent Shin Godzilla.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • That’s what I hate about the cinema going experience. Excited to watch a few trailers there and then the current trend is to pretty much show you the entire story. The new Steve McQueen film is basically given away in the cinematic trailer. Was interested in seeing it prior to seeing the trailer.

I know I’m in the minority in wanting to access any entertainment release going in pretty much blind, but it’s increasingly infuriating.
  • Would be top lols if aquaman was the most successful DC movie, seeing as how he seemed to be the butt of jokes for so long. Also it's almost as if in the hands of alternative directors the movies look better...
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Wait until that String bloke gets his own movie.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Titans look utter emo wank, if you mean the telly thing.
    Fuck Batman lol.

TTG to the movies! however looks like the best superhero film since Lego Batman. Or Ragnarok. I can't remember which came first.
  • Lego Batman underwhlemed compared to Lego movie. Ragnarok was amazing
    The Forum Herald™
  • JRPC wrote:
    It's the big one tonight. Isle of Dogs - at long last! Fully expecting to love it.

Loved it.

Visually astonishing, warm and witty.

I prob should have waited as I was knackered last night and it didn't blow me away like Anderson usually does, but ill watch it many times again Im sure. 

Spoiler question:

Spoiler:
  • Watched that a couple of nights back. Similarly it didn’t blow me away but it’s classic Anderson with a really pleasant tone and dry wit. Dunno about your question, hadn’t really picked up on it.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • WorKid wrote:
    Titans look utter emo wank, if you mean the telly thing.
    Fuck Batman lol.

Yerp, looks horrendous. It's even more galling because the Marvel stuff on Netflix looks pretty good production wise but this looks like cheapo teenage drama production.
    Seems weird that DC just doesn't seem to be able to learn from Marvel's success in how to make something successful or at least potentially so.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!