regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Thor 2 is not a good film which is a shame because Thor is clearly the best marvel man
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    A large chunk of it was also filmed by me which led me to scoff at the visual gag involving the
    Spoiler:
  • Just watched Sausage Party. What the hell have I just watched?! I enjoyed it, especially as it got more and more bizarre.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I have been to see Mission Impossible today.

It is more Mission Impossible, with tons of crazy twists and crazy action. Doubt it'll be very memorable but it's pretty great for the duration. Always great to see an action film with proper stunts rather than tons of CGI too.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Does Tom run?
    Get schwifty.
  • Shit yeah. Runs like the wind.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’m so fucking in.
    Get schwifty.
  • JonB wrote:
    I have been to see Mission Impossible today. It is more Mission Impossible, with tons of crazy twists and crazy action. Doubt it'll be very memorable

Well yeah.  
    JonB wrote:
    It is more Mission Impossible
  • WorKid wrote:
    Yoss filmed Thor 2?

Yeah and it was pretty average. One and done I think.
  • I can’t wait for Mission Impossible. Say through Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation in the last few nights and am well up for some more Tom Cruise running and dangling off very high things
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    WorKid wrote:
    Yoss filmed Thor 2?

By as in near.
  • You were following the film crew around?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That too.
  • Have had a week off so been getting some Blueray time, including starting my pre-Infinity War 2 Marvel abridged run through.

Captain America: First Avenger

It's pretty good. The first half is fairly great, second not so much. Evans is great. Weaving is wasted. Jones phones it in. The Maguffin is a bit more interesting now we know what it does and there's some fun foreshadowing now. 

Captain America: Winter Soldier

Still top tier. They totally nail the tone with a perfect balance of a sort of Bourne-lite grounded thriller and superduper comicbook stuff. The story feels consequential. Great action sequences (love the knife fight, the rooftop chase, the lift fight). Evans gets even better. Silly CG finale somehow more tolerable.

Isle of Dogs (second watch).

Went from loving it to adoring it. I laughed, I cried, a repeatedly wondered at how beautifully made it is. 

The extras are great too - there's some great animations of the animators animating. 

Could be Anderson's best.

Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I watched Isle of Dogs for the first time while on a flight this week. I thought it was great. I need to watch it on a proper screen now. Watching films on planes never does them justice.
  • I watched Isle of Dogs for the first time while on a flight this week. I thought it was great. I need to watch it on a proper screen now. Watching films on planes never does them justice.

Especially this one!

The detail really is phenomenal. 

They've made incredible progress since Mr Fox.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’m watching Life.  Yes it’s not a great film, but I really do think it’s a solid good film.  Really good performances from the three leads and some nice direction.  Especially  like the teeth of the ISS biting into the Earth’s sunrise at the very beginning.  Some of the decisions feel like the were made by producers in boardrooms, but I really do like this film nonetheless.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Life made me want to watch Interstellar.  Amazing film.  One of my favourites of all time, in fact.  Reminds me of the sci-fi books I used to read as a child.  This type of sci-fi just doesn’t seem to make it into film all that often.
    Get schwifty.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I well up at the mention of it.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    I’m watching Life.  Yes it’s not a great film, but I really do think it’s a solid good film.  Really good performances from the three leads and some nice direction.  Especially  like the teeth of the ISS biting into the Earth’s sunrise at the very beginning.  Some of the decisions feel like the were made by producers in boardrooms, but I really do like this film nonetheless.

I quite enjoyed Life too, sorry from the uninspired creature design it was good fun.

Interstellar is the business though - well overdue a rewatch. Has one of the greatest 45 minutes of cinema ever in there.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I well up at the mention of it.

❤️
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    I quite enjoyed Life too, sorry from the uninspired creature design it was good fun. Interstellar is the business though - well overdue a rewatch. Has one of the greatest 45 minutes of cinema ever in there.

The last 45?  The moment they go through the wormhole still blows me away, and I still love the “those aren’t mountains, they’re waves” sequence.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    “Analyse the spin.”

The moment Cooper has to dock with the spinning ship...  Fucking brilliant.  Zimmer nails it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    “You told them I liked farming.”

Tears.
    Get schwifty.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Just happened to be thinking about the Interstellar soundtrack since the music at the end of Series 3 of Humans seemed to have been mildly influenced by it. I didn't well up but I did get goosebumps, and will almost certainly well up when I next watch it...
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Gremill wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    I quite enjoyed Life too, sorry from the uninspired creature design it was good fun. Interstellar is the business though - well overdue a rewatch. Has one of the greatest 45 minutes of cinema ever in there.

The last 45?  The moment they go through the wormhole still blows me away, and I still love the “those aren’t mountains, they’re waves” sequence.

The 45 minutes or so from the wormhole to the return from the wave planet and receiving messages from Earth - just amazing.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’m going for the sci-fi hat trick.  Finishing off the day with Blade Runner 2049.
    Get schwifty.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Went to see Tom Running 6. It's a very good Tom running movie, and one set piece gave me some serious Dark Knight vibes - the
    Spoiler:
    , specifically. Everything from the score to the way the camera sits at key moments, and how smooth it is filmed, not jerky and janky like most modern action films, really reminded me of the equivalent sequence from Dark Knight.

Just some real stand out action, and it rattles along from bit to bit. One of the most fun films of the year so far.
  • Just watched Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom. Stinker. Such a badly put together movie. The only thing it hss going for it is the characters from the last film.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!