Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm watching How The Jews Ruined My Summer Vacation or something.

Gibson has shit ears.
  • Liked Sunshine, found out Cillian Murphy based a lot of his character on Brian Cox , stopped liking Sunshine. Accepted I was shallow
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • That's what I thought too. Then I remembered the science bellend and wept.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Him?

Ah fuck ruin the film why don't ya Spock. That's me hating it forever more.
  • Have to say, as a cameraman I'm finding the central conceit of Quarantine somewhat ridiculous.

meh

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Him?

Ah fuck ruin the film why don't ya Spock. That's me hating it forever more.

Sorry chief. If he'd based his character on the non bell end Brain Cox; the film would've been truely awesomeballs.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I've not seen it but surely as a shot for shot remake, it can't really be worse can it? I loved Rec though

Tempted to put Martyrs on, though DS now has me toying with the idea of watching Yakuza Busting Girls : Final Death Ride Battle
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • cockbeard wrote:
    I've not seen it but surely as a shot for shot remake, it can't really be worse can it?
    It probably works much better if you aren't a cameraman by trade.

innit

g.man
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It isn't shot for shot, they've added extra gore and the lead lass from Dexter is a bit shit, the tension from the original is kinda gone somewhat.

Also, watching shit horror is amazing. I'm watching one tomorrow written and directed by Martin Kemp out of that shit band, and one called Casadaga which was out of sync but got a new copy. The opening scene is almost as fucked up as the one in Frayed, so it bodes well.

EDIT: Just checked, I now have over 300 horror movies after deleting about 200. Jaysus.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    SRS though, everyone watch the opening sequence of Frayed.
  • How about Chronicle, Cloverfield or any number of 'handycam' films G, do they all suck?

[REC] worked for me and aside from suspected Yank feel of Quarantine I imagine it'd work quite well there, that said I have no idea if they make Q look all kinds of shiny. In the end [REC] is just like being in a Ghost Train that is moving super fast, its all just bambambambambam without pause which let me look over any flaws'n'shit. Do the Zombies still yowl and miaow?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The zombies are basically the same, yes. Every role is similar but changed slightly (natch) for cultural changes. It is essentially the same film, just amped up gore  (including one completely unnecessary scene thrown in seemingly for a laugh) and a known face for the wanky American market.
  • [REC] is one of the few films that just grabs you and smashes you about, IMO. Luv it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    What's happened recently, we had an Indian summer of great Euro Horror around 3 years ago with Martyrs, La Orfanato, Rec, Lat Den Rotta even Snow was pretty good, not heard of anything good recently except TrollHunter. I assume (hope) I'm just far from the loop

I wasn't being sarcastic DS, I adore shite horror as much as good stuff, kinda got into grindhouse recently, may I please recommend Ms. 45 though that's actually pretty good
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Gamermike wrote:
    RasDam wrote:
    I'm about to watch Hereafter. I've not heard anything good about it, but Clint has racked up enough good will for me to sit through a couple of stinkers.
    Its pretty good but probably Eastwood's worst film. The kids acting in particular is awful.

I enjoyed the film, especially considering the subject matter it could have come across as ridiculous. Although as you say, those kids, absolutely essential to care for them and made absolutely impossible by those actors. Its bizarre, I assume time played a part and they couldnt track down any other acting twins/similar looking kids in time.

That whole aspect really makes me question C Eastwood, especially as a director who, presumably, understands acting.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    What's happened recently, we had an Indian summer of great Euro Horror around 3 years ago with Martyrs, La Orfanato, Rec, Lat Den Rotta even Snow was pretty good, not heard of anything good recently except TrollHunter. I assume (hope) I'm just far from the loop

There's nothing on the level of the above, but if you scout around, and are prepared to give everything a 10-15 minute burst chance, there's still some rough diamonds around. Happy to recommend a few of my recent favourites (although some have split the opinion between me and the missus but she likes Halo, BSG and Star Trek so lol at her)
  • Tempy wrote:
    How about Chronicle, Cloverfield or any number of 'handycam' films G, do they all suck?
    It's not really that they suck. It's just a ridiculous conceit to try and get passed if you're a camera dude.

y'know

g.man
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    How so, g?

Purely wondering on a tech level as I know nuffink about such.
  • Everyone should watch some Sushi Typhoon stuff. Utterly hilarious, like a thousand binned Platinum Game Idea Pitches all wrapped together with red corn syrup spurted on it.

Helldriver is one of theirs, by the guy who directed Tokyo Gore Police

Trailer: 

• g.man wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    How about Chronicle, Cloverfield or any number of 'handycam' films G, do they all suck?
    It's not really that they suck. It's just a ridiculous conceit to try and get passed if you're a camera dude. y'know g.man

That's what I mean but I put it rather inelegantly.
  • How so, g? Purely wondering on a tech level as I know nuffink about such.
    Cameras are big and fucking heavy. They also break easily, require constant battery and tape changes, and are highly complex and sensitive pieces of equipment.
    The very notion (were it indeed I) that I wouldn't just have used it to beat the first rabid old lady they discovered on entering the building, to death, and then ditched it for a fire axe or some such rather than just film everyone being attacked for the next 90 minutes is just ridiculous.

oh yes

g.man
  • I also imagine that your standard 'follow a shit reporter around at 3am' camera would also shart itself at constant knocks and such.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Hahaha, fair enough! Would've made more sense them having tidgy digital handheld efforts I spose.
  • We're just not that dedicated...unless someone gets a bag of money out.

:D

g.man
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm gonna watch Man On A Ledge.

No idea what it's about.
  • I watched that. Passable silliness.

Also, agree about handheld camera stuff. It just doesn't make sense that they keep filming in some situations.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!