Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Shimmering barrier one, yes.
  • poprock wrote:
    Although the soundtrack felt like a poundland Clint Mansell pastiche.

Geoff Barrow and Ben Salisbury have been doing great soundtracks for years, this does them a disservice.
  • I’m aware of that, yeah. I looked Salisbury up afterwards. It doesn't change my experience of watching/listening though. My first impressions stand.
  • It’s a pass from me
  • Cinema workers must be sick of Marvel movies and their bloody post credit scenes. And so am I. Saw Spiderman today. I always stay for the end despite it never being worth it. Today's two cinema workers stood at the back of the theatre prepped and ready to go with their cleaning kits waiting for the 6 nerds to watch the pointless scene 10 mins after the film ended.
  • Top Gun

Don't care what anyone says I still love this movie. Hyped for the new one now.
  • Scout wrote:
    Cinema workers must be sick of Marvel movies and their bloody post credit scenes. And so am I. Saw Spiderman today. I always stay for the end despite it never being worth it. Today's two cinema workers stood at the back of the theatre prepped and ready to go with their cleaning kits waiting for the 6 nerds to watch the pointless scene 10 mins after the film ended.

I always watched the credits anyway, so post credits scenes make me look like I'm not weird.
  • Scout wrote:
    Cinema workers must be sick of Marvel movies and their bloody post credit scenes. And so am I. Saw Spiderman today. I always stay for the end despite it never being worth it. Today's two cinema workers stood at the back of the theatre prepped and ready to go with their cleaning kits waiting for the 6 nerds to watch the pointless scene 10 mins after the film ended.

I always watched the credits anyway, so post credits scenes make me look like I'm not weird.

And kinda funny criticism because of all the end credits scenes the ones after Spiderman FFH have been the most story heavy ones.

I just saw The Beach Bum at MIFF. New harmony Korine. I kind of feel like I have an idea of what he was going for but it did not work for me. It's a bit of a mess and a little slap dash feeling.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I always watched the credits anyway.

Why?
  • Scout wrote:
    And kinda funny criticism because of all the end credits scenes the ones after Spiderman FFH have been the most story heavy ones. I just saw The Beach Bum at MIFF. New harmony Korine. I kind of feel like I have an idea of what he was going for but it did not work for me. It's a bit of a mess and a little slap dash feeling.
    That's true but I'm still sick of sitting there until the very end (I know no-one is forcing me to do this). Was a great relief in Endgame being able to get the fuck out of there as soon as it was done.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I always watched the credits anyway.
    Why?

I do this too unless the film has irritated me because I consider the soundtrack over the credits to be an integral part of a well made film and it provides time to disengage from the narrative before returning to the real world, plus out of general respect to the filmmakers. Occasionally, there is the extra reward of unexpected (or increasingly expected) extra scenes...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Do you actually read them?
  • I do.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    I do.

How else are you supposed to know the names of every person you need to send a telegram to in order to tell them how shite their film was?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I do. I like finding funny names. It's always good to see Yolanda Squatpump is getting work.
  • I do. I like finding funny names.

This is what I do too. We are bad people.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Plus there are often interesing things to spot when they are acknowledging locations and thanking people.
  • Gremill wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    I do.
    How else are you supposed to know the names of every person you need to send a telegram to in order to tell them how shite their film was?
    :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Top Gun

Don't care what anyone says I still love this movie. Hyped for the new one now.

I hope to god we get some Kenny Loggins on the soundtrack
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Have to surely, it won't be the same without that soundtrack.
  • DANGERZOOOOONE!!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Heading into twilight
    Spreading out her wings tonight 'ight ' ight
  • Ooooh oh, Playing with the boys!
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Was feeling the need to see Cruise having a crisis of confidence then saving the world from aliens (not the hispanic kind).
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I'm pretty confident it's been confirmed that Kenny Loggins is doing a rework of the music for the new one
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    I'm pretty confident it's been confirmed that Kenny Loggins is doing a rework of the music for the new one

Take me to bed or lose me forever.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • OH MY GOD
  • Tempy wrote:
    poprock wrote:
    Although the soundtrack felt like a poundland Clint Mansell pastiche.
    Geoff Barrow and Ben Salisbury have been doing great soundtracks for years, this does them a disservice.

Pffft, obviously faked names. Next time you're trying to make up people, don't do it while looking at a map of Ye Olde Englande. 

Yours,

Bob Worcestershire
  • I saw Chris Morris' new film The Day Shall Come. I didn't really like it that much. Seemed to be aiming for a quicker paced satire like an Iannucci but I don't think he quite has the chops for it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!