Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Old Wotsits face.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • He's the real McCoy.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    Cats, which I saw the trailer for, and which made my skin actually try to crawl from my body. The most disturbing thing I've seen in film for years and that's before I realised Corden was in it. Shudder.
    lol
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    Cats, which I saw the trailer for, and which made my skin actually try to crawl from my body. The most disturbing thing I've seen in film for years and that's before I realised Corden was in it. Shudder.

Flea!
  • I've been watching a good few films recently. Here are a few:

The Deer Hunter 
    I don't know why it took me so long to see this, but it is powerful, beautiful and quite sad. Three excellent performances from De Niro, Walken and Streep. Definitely deserves its reputation as one of the greats. 

Stan and Ollie
    I know there's some Laurel and Hardy fans here so let me say that this is well worth your time. Nothing too incredible from the directing side of things but two spot on performances from Coogan and John C. Reilly. A sweet and well executed tribute to two of the funniest men to ever live.

The Irishman (I Heard You Paint Houses)
    I went to see this in the cinema when it was showing in Ireland, and I bloody loved this. Still have to watch it again on Netflix, but it was a pleasure and a joy to watch Scorsese back with De Niro in top form, and finally getting a proper Pacino/De Niro film that's more than one scene. And Joe Pesci's return is possibly the best thing about the film, giving a subtle and different performance from his most famous roles. 

Flawless
    This is an odd film. Everything surrounding De Niro and Hoffman is unbelievable and false, but when they get going it gets really quite good. If it was anybody else but these two, it would be a terrible film, but as it is, I really quite enjoyed this. 

Midsommar
    I haven't seen a movie this disturbing since Eraserhead and Tideland. Really good. Amazing slow burn and then a chaotic and insane pay off. Well worth a watch.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Fuck me it's bugs
  • Also, new Ghostbusters trailer. Ghostranger Things.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Fuck me it's bugs
    Hullo there Nick!
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."
  • Midsommar is superb, I'm hoping for the BR for Xmas.

Welcome back Muggs, I do miss your enthusiasm since I quit Twitter.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Muggins!! My favourite tweeter by miles!! Welcome back :)
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I've missed you on there Gremill! Great to be back!

Thanks Wookie!
  • Your enthusiasm is highly infectious, I love it
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Muggs, obv I've been with you on the tweets, but it is a joy to see you back between the sheets, as it were.
  • Thank you for your kind words, all of you! It's great to be back!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Saw trailer for the new Michael Bay, and at this point, he's getting Auteur status *

There's nothing but blue and orange in that film.

* Remember that's not a marker of quality, just recognisable film styles.
  • It's Bad Boys with magnets.
  • The new Ghostbusters 3 is here with its first trailer. Titled “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” its a direct sequel to the original two films and I’m actually really full of optimism for this. The first two are some of my favourite films of all time and this looks like it continues the story in a really interesting and fun way.

And before anyone talks about it undoing the work of the 2016 film that was a remake/reboot not a sequel. I actually really enjoyed that
  • Cool, I'll give it a watch. I hope Bill Murray has a good role in it!
  • (I liked the 2016 reboot too.)
  • I think he is involved although from my understanding it’s not a big part, likely to be a cameo.
    For the longest time when asked about it Akroyd said they’d find a way to get him back, even if he just appears as a ghost
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I liked the 2016 one too

• It's a no from me.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • This, on the other hand, should probably be decent fun...

first one was much better than I expected.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Fuck that noise.
    What the hell does that have to do with Ghostbusters? Take off the branding and it could be anything.

Edit: ref Ghostbusters obv
  • And yeah the first Dwayne The Rock Jumanji was great fun so I am well up for the sequel.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Fuck that noise. What the hell does that have to do with Ghostbusters? Take off the branding and it could be anything. Edit: ref Ghostbusters obv
    Yeah I've got no idea what they're doing here. Other than just desperately scrabbling around for ideas that might work and mashing them together.
  • "Women didn't work. We can't go back to doing men because we'd get hammered by the woke police. What about....kids?"

The next sequel is dogs.
  • It will be ghosts. Ghost Busting ghosts. It's a comment on apartheid. Best Picture Oscar winner 2023.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!