Film/Video Discussion Thread
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Zombieland Double Tap
    Spoiler:
    :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • jdanielp wrote:
    I liked Zombieland: Double Tap but it wasn't a patch on Zombieland.
    I thought it was easily just as good. It’s just very well done stupid fun. Perfect escape from these grim times for an hour and a half.

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I liked Zombieland.  Double Tap did nothing for me.
    Get schwifty.
  • Like I always say. One man’s trash, is another man’s treasure.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Zombieland Double Tap - all good fun and more of the same from the first. I honestly can’t say one is better than the other. However the sequel automatically gets an extra point for the Dawson factor.

And more 90 minute action films please.
  • Yay!
    Major spoiler...
    Spoiler:
    I was also amazed how much I liked Zoey Deutch‘s Madison. Alarm bells rang when she showed up, but she really was pitch perfect.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yep she was great. All good fun. And the post credits scene was brill :-)
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    jdanielp wrote:
    I thought it was easily just as good. It’s just very well done stupid fun. Perfect escape from these grim times for an hour and a half.

Now watch eurovision and your treatment will be complete.
  • America Factory on Netflix is another top tier doc they’ve got on there.  A Chinese firm revitalises an American auto plant with big investment and big promises but the big difference in work practices and ethos cause massive friction.  It’s fucking brilliant.
  • g.man wrote:
    jdanielp wrote:
    Now watch eurovision and your treatment will be complete.
    Noted.
  • I was speaking to my partner and we like it more now than while we were watching it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • Ha I think I need to watch the end credits.
    Spoiler:
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    On The Rocks Coppola getting back with Murray. Looks like a nice safe comedy. Exactly the sort of content Apple need to create if they want people to keep subscribing.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Under Suspicion  With Hackman and Freeman what's not to like? The gorgeous Matrix-era Belucci is a bonus. :)

Nice, tight little drama this. Almost play-like really. Enjoyed it. Not sure how I missed this before. Anything with Hackman is a no brainer for me.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Enjoying the I'm Thinking of Ending Things chat.
    Spoiler:
  • davyK wrote:
    Under Suspicion  With Hackman and Freeman what's not to like? The gorgeous Matrix-era Belucci is a bonus. :) Nice, tight little drama this. Almost play-like really. Enjoyed it. Not sure how I missed this before. Anything with Hackman is a no brainer for me.

Is it just me, or has Amazon screwed up the year against this one? It’s displaying as 2020, when surely it’s a 20-year old movie.
  • America Factory on Netflix is another top tier doc they’ve got on there.  A Chinese firm revitalises an American auto plant with big investment and big promises but the big difference in work practices and ethos cause massive friction.  It’s fucking brilliant.

That sounds excellent. Definitely going on my list.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    Under Suspicion  With Hackman and Freeman what's not to like? The gorgeous Matrix-era Belucci is a bonus. :) Nice, tight little drama this. Almost play-like really. Enjoyed it. Not sure how I missed this before. Anything with Hackman is a no brainer for me.
    Is it just me, or has Amazon screwed up the year against this one? It’s displaying as 2020, when surely it’s a 20-year old movie.

Yus... it's a 2000 film.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • poprock wrote:
    America Factory on Netflix is another top tier doc they’ve got on there.  A Chinese firm revitalises an American auto plant with big investment and big promises but the big difference in work practices and ethos cause massive friction.  It’s fucking brilliant.

It's fucking ace.  I want someone to discuss the scenes of differing work ethics with me, plz watch.
  • I enjoyed it, first film from the Obamas production company I believe.
  • Like a deep fried dough strip (often long, rather than round), and they can be dipped in sugar.

In China you have proper Algerian style beignets - Fried dough. Sort of flat ish, almost pizza shaped. It's fucking delicious and I couldn't believe my luck in Oxford in 2002 when I saw the local Asian shop sold these for 50p. It's not fried in olive oil and dipped into your morning coffee, but no one's perfect.

Ps - eat too many of these and you will understand why our footballers don't track back
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • jdanielp wrote:

For me it was proof of star power and charismatic acting. I enjoyed the film and most of it was because the main leads are so darn good at their jobs. Definitely was worth a watch.

I just finished Ending Things and, like a lot of Kaufman, it has made me stop and think about it a lot. It's nice to watch a film that can do that. I didn't think it was as good as his other 2 but I'm glad he's still doing his thing and that netflix are happy to bankroll such films.
  • poprock wrote:
    America Factory on Netflix is another top tier doc they’ve got on there.  A Chinese firm revitalises an American auto plant with big investment and big promises but the big difference in work practices and ethos cause massive friction.  It’s fucking brilliant.

It's fucking ace.  I want someone to discuss the scenes of differing work ethics with me, plz watch.

Won the Oscar for best doco dontchaknow. Still haven't watched it yet myself though
  • There seems to be a ‘making of’ with the Obamas on Netflix too.
    Won the Oscar for best doco dontchaknow. Still haven't watched it yet myself though

Difference in working class American waistlines with that of the working class Chinese is worth the watch too. There’s one scene where it’s almost painful to watch because of this.
  • I probably missed the discussion on here but Tenet was pretty good. Really liked RPatts.Some excellent musical pieces in there. By the Mando composer it turns out. Dude seems like one to watch.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I saw The New Mutants and enjoyed it despite it seemingly having received fairly poor reviews. It reminded me of Split/Glass to some extent, not least of all because of the casting of Anya Taylor-Joy.
  • I saw Tenet yesterday after much hand wringing over whether it was wise or not.  (In the end we booked into the IMAX as we could see online that it was practically empty, and concluded that the risk was thus very low.  This did not stop me pointlessly fretting that the pair of blokes sat many many rows away weren't wearing their masks...)

I thought it was a deeply stupid movie desperately pretending to be a smart one.  Which is a shame, because it would have been a lot more fun if it had just embraced the stupid. 

That said it was definitely a "cinema movie" - the visuals are spectacular, as are the various things that go bang.
    Spoiler:
    Anyone put off by the reviews stating it's difficult to understand needn't be - it's really not.  (Though as others have said, some of the dialogue is unhelpfully mumbled into masks, because Nolan.)  It's another action movie, albeit with a gimmick.  As I say the gimmick's kind of a good one, but its determination to be po-faced means that I felt it it never really made the most of it.

In retrospect I think I should have waited for it to be inevitably re-released as and when the current Covid nightmare is over....
  • I’m watching the beginning of Hobbs and Shaw. Star ham and the rock fight like Steven segal. (Completely statiinonary as baddies walk into punches)
  • #star ham, where's Unlikely?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!