Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    First three solid. Fourth drops off a cliff. Definitely worth watching over a weekend in one go, just don’t bother with the fourth.
  • Cocktail, Risky Business and The Color of Money are the best Cruise films
  • b0r1s wrote:
    First three solid. Fourth drops off a cliff. Definitely worth watching over a weekend in one go, just don’t bother with the fourth.

Stay away from Treadstone on Amazon Prime, too.
  • n0face wrote:
    Cocktail, Risky Business and The Color of Money are the best Cruise films

Cocktail, Top Gun and The Colour of Money = best classic Cruise.

Live, Die, Repeat, Minority Report and American Made = best older Cruise.
  • poprock wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Stay away from Treadstone on Amazon Prime, too.

God, that’s rotten.
  • It's like people are deliberately trying to piss me off by forgetting Vanilla Sky
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Itv 2 has ruined the "good" bournes for me. All three shown so many times, catching them either from the beginning or part way through, the ad breaks, the weird TV edits. It's all a fucking blur to me. Couldn't tell you what happens in any of them, can't be arsed starting again. Hmph.

This is exactly my experience
  • Remember Vanilla Sky?
    That was shit.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Vanilla Sky is a great film.
    Get schwifty.
  • Good Cruise ended with the 90's.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Remember Vanilla Sky?
    That was shit.

Friendship ended with Liveinadive

now friends with crack girl next door.

• I searched Google and IMDb and am tearing my lockdown afro out. I saw a movie about Oxbridge interviews on the BBC, I think around 1997/1998. It was way before I actually applied as it seemed remote to me. It might have been a BBC feature length drama. I recall it was very good. I think it was set in Oxford. Son applies for a university place and goes for interview. Overbearing father really puts pressure on him. Son falls in love with a girl he meets at interview and I think gets a place but declines it to be with the girl at some other uni - something like that. Turns out the father was lying about going to Oxford and wanted to fulfil some kind of Oxbridge fetish through his son...

Does that ring a bell for anyone? All I get is fucking history boys and shite like that.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Remember Vanilla Sky?
    That was shit.

Friendship ended with Liveinadive

now friends with crack girl next door.

She would suit your tragic grower kink. How are you with cat shit?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    There would be no cat after a week.
  • I'm sure there would still be plenty of cat shit.
  • I have bad cat karma from the Algiers days. Got one square in the spine (with a biggish stone the size of a child's palm) as it was tearing through our garbage bags. The noise was unspeakable. Last interaction with a cat was it pissing all over me as I crashed on a school friend's floor after a night out in Kingston. I knew why it did it. I stay away from cats, could be my eyeballs next
  • So tonight I did watch yer Terminator: Dark Fate.
    This is a very silly film. The plot is absolute nonsense, and none of it makes a lick of sense.
    It has real pacing issues, and boy does it come as close as it's humanly possible to jumping the shark completely in the second act, before it catches it's reflection in a mirror, looks embarrassed for a second, and mercifully manages to reel in the stupid.
    Some of the action is just ludicrous, and at times it ramps things up to levels that would make Vin Deisel blush, and the characters, considering their predicament, lack any semblance of emotional depth.

...and yet, that being said, I quite enjoyed it. It's absolute fucking trash, but it does have heart, and at times it actually pulls it off. It starts well, and it ends well, and pacing aside, it largely rattles along from set piece to set piece.
    Mackenzie Davis was good. The Mexican lead girl was alright. Hamilton does little to embarrass herself, and even old Arnie has a decent stab at things. Chap that played the Mexican Terminator, who I presume was the titular Dirk Fate, did what was required of the roll, and I guess between them all, they just about managed to carry it.

So, not the complete disaster I expected, and while I certainly wouldn't highly recommend it, you could do much worse with the tv and a bowl of popcorn on a dull Sunday night.

*note to Hollywood.
    Don't make any more of these please. No really. We've had enough thanks.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I would forgive a lot more of that movie if it didn't take a massive shit on T2 in the opening 10 minutes.

In general I am in the camp that bad sequels don't ruin good movies but they really pushed that philosophy.
  • I'm sure many here follow this channel anyway but I will keep pushing these video series because if you care about what is involved in making a movie these are just excellent.

• jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Just did a bit of a catch up.

I really need to rewatch Se7en. I don't think I've seen it since the cinema. They grow up so fast.

I also have the R1 Fight Club DVD but my first DVD was Pleasantville (one of my all time favourites).

Not convinced by that Bond choice if true. I reckon that Nick Hoult could do a pretty decent job.

First three Bournes are great, especially two and three which are basically just one extended film.

Abres Los Ojos is so much better than Vanilla Sky.

That's all for now.
  • I think Vanilla Sky is the only film I haven't seen that I own the soundtrack to.

Edit: Actually that's not true, I bought a Days of Thunder cd this year.
  • You haven't seen Days of Thunder? GTFO! ;)
    It's top 'top gun' Cruise. I love it.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Yeah, big love for Days of Thunder here too.
  • I should watch it really, the soundtrack is full Streets of Fire fire.
  • I haven't seen Days of Thunder! Why?!
    I must correct this.

Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • You probably have seen it, but it had the wrong texture pack installed.
  • I get confused between titles. It’s Days of Heaven I want to watch, not Days of Thunder.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Game Night  Good fun.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Team America is still funny as fuck.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!