The Last Guardian and all things Ueda pasty present and future
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    As for the in between bits, I think they're really something. It's a brave move to create something so big and empty just for the feels and atmosphere.
    In the original, that aspect of it didn't really click for me as PS2-rendered landscapes somehow didn't feel like quite enough, but in the remake it works for me to the point that I resent the addition of the coins and wish the lizard and bird hunting wasn't there as it all feels like boring unnecessary grind.
    AJ wrote:
    There's bird hunting? Shit, didn't realise that, what do you get?
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    Sorry, I think I was talking bollocks about the birds actually. Just tried to start up my PS3 to have a go of the old remaster. Lengthy updates! How nostalgic.

Fair enough. There were the fruit, though, so you got the right number of things.
  • You can take trips on hawks.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Five and six down, five was the best so far. So exciting 
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm up to 9 now.

Starting to find the hints system is giving too much away, so I've turned it off. Always feels a bit of let down when you run around for a couple of minutes trying to see the opening and then it just tells you what to do. But then I'm not sure I would've noticed some of the solutions without it. Think they could've got a better balance.
  • Pretty certain I’d never have figured out no.10 without looking it up.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So I’ve just killed two. Having never played this before I’m guessing I’m meant to feel like an utter bastard for killing these big softies?
  • Nah, not yet.
    The Forum Herald™
  • So...so far, it’s a much better ‘game’ than TLG, the controls, camera and horsey aren’t exactly to my taste but they’re much better. But I don’t know if I’m enjoying it as it’s very...sad. 3 down in around an hour, should I expect a 4/5 hour campaign or is there very much more to each one or something else to elongate it?
  • My recent playthrough on PS3 clocked in at around ten and a half hours. If you’re not using a guide, and it’s the first time you’ve played, you're going to take longer on a few of the colossi than you’re currently managing.
  • Andy wrote:
    My recent playthrough on PS3 clocked in at around ten and a half hours. If you’re not using a guide, and it’s the first time you’ve played, you're going to take longer on a few of the colossi than you’re currently managing.

Yeah it’s the first time and no guide. Must admit I didn’t think the 3rd Colossi has it’s weakness signposted well, after a couple of failed attempts at the maze of his body he happened to merely
    Spoiler:
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    My recent playthrough on PS3 clocked in at around ten and a half hours. If you’re not using a guide, and it’s the first time you’ve played, you're going to take longer on a few of the colossi than you’re currently managing.
    Yeah it’s the first time and no guide. Must admit I didn’t think the 3rd Colossi has it’s weakness signposted well, after a couple of failed attempts at the maze of his body he happened to merely
    Spoiler:

By contrast I figured that had something to do with it but clearly didn’t get it hit quite right, the hint is useless ...
    The Forum Herald™
  • Number seven down,

I’m struggling to even imagine how a game of this size and scope and variety ran on ps3, let alone ps2
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    Spoiler:

By contrast I figured that had something to do with it but clearly didn’t get it hit quite right, the hint is useless ...

Its possible to do it without that part being removed and theres a trophy related to doing it without that! ;)
  • Bob wrote:
    Number seven down,

I’m struggling to even imagine how a game of this size and scope and variety ran on ps3, let alone ps2

Awfully, and a bit less awfully while retaining the origional aesthetic at a higher resolution.
  • digi wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Its possible to do it without that part being removed and theres a trophy related to doing it without that! ;)

You can pm me a hint ;)
    The Forum Herald™
  • Eight foe down.

3.26.49 play time.
    The Forum Herald™
  • The game is really short on repeat plays. Best to savour it first time round though. There's really nothing like it. 

I personally found the final one to be frustrating and it did sour the experience somewhat. But I'd prefer to have played it than not. The best bits are spread evenly throughout the game.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • It's too late to figure out what to spoiler,
    I'll just do the lot.
    Spoiler:
  • Not sure how the game clock works but I've been playing longer than it shows. After 6 down it said just over 2 hours, when I'd probably been playing more like 3.5.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It probably removes the hours you’re just running around the bloody things feet!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Well number threes clue was actually completely a misdirection. Could’ve been a translation issue but telling me to knock it it the ground was a waste of an hour of my fucking life!!
  • b0r1s wrote:
    Well number threes clue was actually completely a misdirection. Could’ve been a translation issue but telling me to knock it it the ground was a waste of an hour of my fucking life!!

Yeah that’s the one I was complaining about.
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    It was piss easy once I’d ignored the “hint”. Grrrr.
  • Serves you right for having hints on!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Colossus nine is proving to be something of a bitch.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    Colossus nine is proving to be something of a bitch.

Which ones that again?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Big turtle-like one in a cave, with geysers outside the cave.

Wait until he beats it and gets onto ten...
  • I had to check the ign in the end.. it's described as a crab?
    Spoiler:
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!