The Last Guardian and all things Ueda pasty present and future
  • Not sure how you missed them on your way there.
  • Stevie Wonder has nothing on me.

I kind of saw them.. but the hint about Earth didn't really gel with water, At least to me.

To be fair If i'm playing for half an hour in the morning I don't have a lot of patience and I know that some of them involve enviromental take downs.. so I should of worked it out. Last night I was on a roll.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I've just done colossus 15, having been slowly chipping away at them.

What's interesting to me, after not playing in a very long time, is how many I had forgotten.  I remembered 11 all too well because I hated him first time round. 
    Spoiler:
    Yet I'd completely forgotten 12 and 13, both of whom are utterly majestic.  (Especially 13, I have no idea how I let that one slip my mind.)

I'm also still really enjoying the remake in its own right.  I have a lot of sympathy with the concerns expressed by G and others that this iteration's too polished and soulless - and I'd agree that a certain something has been lost.  There's less mystery now, it feels much less dreamlike, and I am no longer free to fill in the gaps with my own imagination.  It's like a sequel to a beloved horror movie where they suddenly insist on showing you the monster you'd previously only imagined.

However - this time round it's one Hell of a monster, even when the spotlight's right on it.  I certainly feel like I'm more able to appreciate some of them for what they were probably always meant to be.  (Particularly, ironically, the smaller ones.)  As I've said before, I'm also appreciating the world itself more - I'm no longer getting hopelessly lost as I once did, but conversely I'm more inclined to deliberately go off and just have a look around.

This version's never going to "replace" the original, but I'm finding it a really rewarding companion piece.
  • Just reading people's descriptions of them, it's quite clear I've forgotten many of the colossi.
  • Bob wrote:
    I had to check the ign in the end.. it's described as a crab?
    Spoiler:
    Took me a while as well.
    Spoiler:
  • Got that, Eventually got on to him but still couldn't work out what to do by the time he got up.
    The Forum Herald™
  • No 10. Hmm...
    Spoiler:
  • Sounds like they’ve improved bow and Agro controls. Even knowing what to do, that was a fuck about the other night.

Either that or I’m even more shit at games than I thought.
  • I think perhaps it's very generous on that bit in terms of what counts as a hit. Something in the general area seems to do it.

Done 11 now. That one was fantastic. And no hints required! Yay.
  • Stuck on 15 atm.

I know where I need to go (and the hint confirms it) but can't see how to get there.
    Spoiler:
  • And having just written that, I immediately tried something and it worked. But I thought I'd done that before and nothing happened!
  • And there he goes. Spent nearly an hour on that one according to the stats. One of those where you get the solution but don't execute it quite right, then spend ages running around trying other things because it didn't work.
  • Done a normal run thru then an easy run thru (trying to build grip for hard and secret gardens)

May have another run thru the last guardian before hard or time attack.
  • Wait, your grip carries over between plays?
  • AJ wrote:
    Wait, your grip carries over between plays?

It does indeed, takes around 2 and a half to 3 playthrus to have enough to reach tbe top of the temple (secret garden).
  • That's a lot of lizards. Tbh, now I've seen it on YouTube, it doesn't have the same draw.
  • You gain grip from each colossus defeated too so not just the lizards pal.
    Iv not botherd with lizards for my 2nd run thru, i might go for all shrines visited though and get the lizards that way so i may not need a 3rd playthru to clear it up.

• Aye, but I've never finished my second play through on any platform, so I doubt I'll have the dedication. Does make me wonder how long a no lizards secret garden speed run would take, though.
  • And it's over. Fittingly large final colossus, epic fight, although the camera interfered a bit more than elsewhere. As for the ending, decent enough but could've done with less, if anything.

I loved it overall. It's an amazing environment to be in and the game itself still feels original. Minor issues with control/camera (got used to the horse after a while) and some of the puzzles weren't balanced quite right, but probably about 80% were smartly designed and made sense if you just spent some time being observant and thinking about the surroundings.
  • Plus photo mode. I forgot most of the time, but here's some from the few times I thought of it:
    Spoiler:
  • Had a look at the trophies, there's no way I'll be seeing everything this game has to offer. But I'm up for some time attack. Done the first 7 so far. Maybe after that Hard mode will be worth a crack.
  • Really? I was under the impression that it didn't have all that much.
  • So I've read there's some sort of score attack co op mode on Bayonetta 2 , any played it ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Errrrrr
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Wrong thread?
  • Yeah , think you're right
  • Despite owning the PS2 and Ps3 version I never got past the 2nd colossus for some reason despite loving Ico.

I'm playing on the Pro and a 4K Tv and this looks stunning , the amount of work Bluepoint have done is amazing.

Can't believe I've missed out by not playing this before, some of the controls are janky ( the bow pisses me off as I'm used to being able to walk and aim at the same time ) . I'm really loving it , murdered number 8 which always makes me sad and can't wait to find the next one .

Not a spoiler as such but no one's mentioned this
    Spoiler:

• Hmmm I feel nothing killing these. They don't exist in the world. They are just automatons. They only awaken when the player approaches. Had they been just going about their business mind....revisiting their locations after defeat is suitably melancholic though
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Six down.  I'm still not keen on the controls overall, but everything's forgiven when it all clicks.  The fifth boss is probably one of the most exhilarating sequences in gaming.
  • Wait till you do the 13th. All time greatest gaming moments. But we might be hyping it up too much for you. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!