PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Exciting launch trailer. 'Erbs? I'm in!

Lol right?
  • The most realistic fantasy of our times...
  • Looks excellent. Release end of may?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • May 19th. I cannot wait. Looks stunning.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • This lady voiceover is all the rage in trailers at the minute no? 

Fucking awful.
  • Little Mr Webbins is proudly standing to attention, that looks excellent.

That he is. I wouldn't have given this the time of day had I not started Witcher 2 a week back. After being distinctively underwhelmed by the combat early doors, upon levelling up it has really opened up. Humour and tone is right up my street.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Is The Last Guardian out yet?

Then fuck off.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Little Mr Webbins is proudly standing to attention, that looks excellent.
    That he is. I wouldn't have given this the time of day had I not started Witcher 2 a week back. After being distinctively underwhelmed by the combat early doors, upon levelling up it has really opened up. Humour and tone is right up my street.

Did i not get far enough into W2?
    I think i got to the area with the battle going on. Did some quests, moved on past it, got thoroughly bored and put it away. 
    Did it explode into a good game after that or something?
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Everybody knows Little Mr Webbins is my pet name for my penis, right?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    Webbins wrote:

I think i got to the area with the battle going on. Did some quests, moved on past it, got thoroughly bored and put it away. 

I put a whack into 1 and 2. Found 2 a good game, but not great. Still tickles me that for the console release they put a book in to help non-PC momos actually get started.
    The combat in 2 is still stinky and MMO-ish, but it's actually an improvement from 1. Impressive world building, for sure, but I'm not sure I want to put 200 hours into that control method - unless it dramatically has been changed.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I also read the first Witcher book (The Last Wish) - which is really a bunch of short stories. They're decent enough diversions.
  • Everybody knows Little Mr Webbins is my pet name for my penis, right?

Yes, and I am immensely proud of that.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • pantyfire wrote:
    Webbins wrote:

The prologue? Yes it gets good, combat is a slow burner, plus boobies.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Trap and potion prep playing less of a role in the sequel made me scrunch my nose a bit. Hopefully their talks of tactics in these trailers is the truth of it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Potion prep was awesome in the first.
  • Webbins wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    Did i not get far enough into W2? I think i got to the area with the battle going on. Did some quests, moved on past it, got thoroughly bored and put it away.  Did it explode into a good game after that or something?
    The prologue? Yes it gets good, combat is a slow burner, plus boobies.
    I remember some woods a village and a fishing village, i also remember doubling back over and over again for quests and then i turned it off.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Did you get to the swamp monster?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yeah it gave a better feel for being a professional monster hunter. You could dispatch men simply enough with swordplay but the big stuff needed some forethought and ingredients. I miss the different sword stances in W2.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I thought swamp thing was quality, a bit of research and prep went a long way.
  • The swamp in witcher1 was brutal. Without proper preparation and potions it was almost suicide to enter.
    I guess old school level up grinding works but the potions make that section alot easier.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I thought swamp thing was quality, a bit of research and prep went a long way.

Yeah, was the first bit where you felt like actual Geralt getting shit done.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    The swamp in witcher1 was brutal. Without proper preparation and potions it was almost suicide to enter.
    I guess old school level up grinding works but the potions make that section alot easier.

I'm on about a different thing entirely, the first boss in W2. Might have been a river come to think of it.
  • Ah right.
    I still haven't properly started Witcher2.
    Need to finish it before I attempt 3.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hunk wrote:
    The swamp in witcher1 was brutal. Without proper preparation and potions it was almost suicide to enter.

I'm on about a different thing entirely, the first boss in W2. Might have been a river come to think of it.

First boss in W2 was a swamp monster.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I prefer the term 'tentacled bastard'.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I also read the first Witcher book (The Last Wish) - which is really a bunch of short stories. They're decent enough diversions.

Yeah,  i enjoyed them. The game captures the feel of the books rather well.

Can't wait for this but on holiday,  when it comes out. Don't think the wife will appreciate me taking a console on holiday!!
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I'll probably pick this up, heard some really great feedback about it and it looks like the delay is to make sure it kicks ass.
    Was $53 on psn
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I'll probably pick this up, heard some really great feedback about it and it looks like the delay is to make sure it kicks ass. Was $53 on psn

£47 on PSN,  tempted for Ps4 for the remote play. And now after extended play on Bloodborne,  I really like the controller - FUCK THE XBOTS!!
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • hunk wrote:

The kayran. Right bastard, but getting through that fight was when the game started to click combat wise.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!