The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Nice.

It’s truly a great game and once it sinks it’s teeth it, it only gets better.

Take your time, enjoy it and then when you’re nearly done...stop, and play the dlc.
  • CDProjekt Red tweeted from the Cyberpunk 2077 twitter account for the first time since 2013 today, excite! Hoping for a big reveal soonish.
  • Also on Witcher 3, the greed of developers and publishers last year in particular really highlights what a great package the game was.

Not even counting the amazing expansions, CDPR released a dozen free smaller DLC and were constantly updating and optimising the game for about a year.
  • That was really nice to come back to after a long break. Quality of life updates and new content galore. Inspired me to finally clean the inside of my PS4 to sort the fan noise out.
  • Yar, CDPR deffo seem to be the good guys. The “free dlc” stuff was a bit of a cheap shot, imo - they weren’t big things, mainly cosmetic and only a couple of missions. But the updates to how the game ran, the improvements of the UI, the updated character skins etc. in the weeks and months following release show that they really, truly give a fuck.

Then there’s the dlc you mentioned which, for me, have the best value of any dlc I’ve ever played - bought them and they’re genuinely good enough to compete with most of the other AAA games that get released. Astonishing.
  • I got them both for 12 quid as well which is amazing value (it actually could have been 10 if I’d selected the right offer from psn but I’m glad I gave them an extra 2 coins). I’m still only like level 17, so won’t get to them for ages as I am really taking my time with it. Just got to Skellige.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Absolutely love Skellige. Lovely environment, lovely music.
    Get schwifty.
  • Yar, CDPR deffo seem to be the good guys. The “free dlc” stuff was a bit of a cheap shot, imo - they weren’t big things, mainly cosmetic and only a couple of missions. But the updates to how the game ran, the improvements of the UI, the updated character skins etc. in the weeks and months following release show that they really, truly give a fuck.

Then there’s the dlc you mentioned which, for me, have the best value of any dlc I’ve ever played - bought them and they’re genuinely good enough to compete with most of the other AAA games that get released. Astonishing.

Still, other companies charge for things like that.

The actual DLC are probably the best value for money in gaming I’ve ever seen alongside The Orange Box.
  • Aye, cdpr is the new valve.
    They're growing on me as is their gog platform.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Been playing so much of this, took a long time to click but I'm liking it now.

I started this again this week, hope it will click struggling to give it time though.

Can-of-sprite
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It took a looooong time to click for me; something like fifteen hours, I think.  But when it did click...oh boy.  What a game.
    Get schwifty.
  • Really hope there's some tangible news on Cyberpunk 2077 this year.  Upon it's release though, I'll probably end up being a tad underwhelmed by its combat, tire of its protagonist and become slightly disgruntled by its sub-par inventory system.  Bit like Witcher 3 then.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Tired of Geralt? Never.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    Really hope there's some tangible news on Cyberpunk 2077 this year.  Upon it's release though, I'll probably end up being a tad underwhelmed by its combat, tire of its protagonist and become slightly disgruntled by its sub-par inventory system.  Bit like Witcher 3 then.
    Aren't you Bethesda fan? 

I need to give this some proper time. No idea when I'll ever manage to do so.
  • I feel sad that I uninstalled this - DLC and everything. I appreciate the work that went into it all, but the combat was just lame. I also found the detective mode really cheap looking and repetitive and all those markers on the map actually put me off. Would've been better without all that like BotW.

I wanted to love it.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I played it like BotW, turned off all the radar stuff and just went where the wind blew me. I loved having to go somewhere for a guest and pulling out the map to plot my journey via the roads only to be dragged away by spotting something interesting en route. Loved it, but drifted away for no particular reason. I'll be back after Divinity is done.
  • This is one of the games I’m going to get back to with my year of fiscal prudence.
  • This is one of the games I’ll get back to when I retire.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • I bought this about a year ago and played an hour of it, much to my shame. I need to go back to it.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I also should return...
  • Maybe I will one day but I doubt it. I tried it again a while back but the combat, the finicky potion and crafting system, coupled with the laggy menu just turned me away from it.
  • I didn't bother with most of it, dropped out down to easy and just soaked up the world. I have blood and wine waiting and am looking forward to diving in when I have a free week.
  • The combat, crafting, menus and skill trees really aren't very good. Even with the difficulty higher it wasn't worth using a lot of it. There's also a lot of mindless fetch questing.

The detail and scope of the world and characters pulled me through it though. That really is unmatched.

Imagine how good it could be if they polished and refined the game systems.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Keep meaning to install this again and have a look at the X patch, which is apparently really good.
  • My build has only levelled up signs. While the combat is sluggish, easy to cheese and overall lacking in the weight department you can get creative with all the different upgraded abilities. It’s distracting enough to not get too repetitive for me.

I’ve been looking around for some ease of use pro tips and found some good stuff, including the first which is going to improve my experience with lots of other games.

I really, really wish I’d known these earlier.

- turning the accessibility option called Zoom on in the PS4 settings let’s you press the PS+square button to zoom in. No more squinting at text for me, ever.

- L1+Square lets you get to the meditate screen instantly

- swiping touchpad brings up map screen instantly

- holding touchpad brings up inventory instantly

- when shopping, flicking the right stick lets you skip across all the infuriating little boxes in the inventory screen to the vendor’s gear

At least I know it all now.
  • I played on the difficulty above normal and enjoyed the combat, it got easier as the game went on, I was an OP machine by the end.

I also used the original ‘Warrior jacket’ chestpiece all the way through the game because I thought it looked best.
  • The combat was a disappointment for me initially. I first tried this of the back of Shadow of Mordor. It’s my fault for not doing better research, but I thought it was the kind of action RPG which was really more an action game with a heavy RPG element than anything else. I find the combat less meaty and tangible than I would’ve liked. Hey ho.
  • I never got bored of the preparation stuff like checking the bestiary and choosing the right oil, potions, bombs and signs but I can definitely see how anyone could.
  • I may get shot for this, but that’s what makes it feel more like a desktop PC game rather than an armchair console one.

I might try the accessibility options for this and Shadow Tactics, though.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Yeah, I really enjoyed the prep too.  Judicious use of the dodge button during combat also helps.

I installed this last night on my XOX.  I really don’t have time for it right now, and at the very least I should be playing something new, but I’m ever so tempted.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!