The Twitch Thread
  • Thanks for tuning in guys, had a blast, even when I blew myself up with a molotov and having to redo the deathclaw bit like 3 times!!!

Tomorrow the quest to cure my wasteland super AIDS and find some antibiotics!
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Yeah, was a good stream, you were still happily chatting when I came back from groceries.

I'm watching on ps4 and not sure if I can use a phone or tablet to access just the chat, no way that I'm gonna try to use the controller for typing.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Cool, have to try that out. Had a quick look yesterday but it started the stream on the phone too, couldn't see how to stop that.

Watching twitch a lot lately (or YouTube), just having people chatting away in the background is sometimes nicer than putting on music.
  • I do the same Nina! 

I hardly watch any TV anymore, usually just put YouTube or Twitch on, especially if it's for background noise. 

In other news peeps, we goin' back to the wasteland tonight! Gonna fire up the stream at 21:00. Today we've got some menial chores and a village of helpless idiots to save and they better be god damned grateful. 

Be there or be square! 

http://www.twitch.tv/mm_roujin
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Several mutant moles and a giant turtle were killed in the making of the above. Senseless waste of ammo on a slow day.
  • Not to mention that first bunker full of raiders that I had to redo about 10 times. Thank god for grenades. 

Cheers to all the peeps that tuned in, the archives are on twitch for anyone who wants to see how utterly shit I am at a mouse based FPS. 

Will be on again in the week, got a trip to a diner to sort out and then some more naughty raiders hiding out in a car factory who need a solid lead spanking.
  • WHADDAP PIMPS!?

Gonna stream some more Fallout 4 tha neet. I'll be on at 21:00 trying to tonk some raiders with a minigun while dressed as a postman. Because wasteland. 

• Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    https://www.gog.com/game/swat_4_gold_edition

I honestly don't know how well it holds up, but I had loads of fun with it ten years ago.
  • Friday night in the wasteland from 21:00.

Saving whack ass paladins from hordes of ghouls and trying to get my hands on the Junk Jet so the one lining during combat can commence!

• Anyone watching Capcom cup, its been great, I'm having fucking palpitations watching Itabashi
  • This is the best fighting game tournament  I've ever seen. Ludicrous tech, upsets, shocking comebacks, underdogs whupping vets. Grandfinals are on now. I can't go to bed.
  • Oh, are they playing SFIV?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • What a g'wan fams?

There will be a cheeky strim tonight from 21:00 where I play more Fallout 4.

Boourns you may think, but wait! Ever see a man get his leg ripped off with a chess board? Ever see a man get hit in the face with a human skull? Ever ironically pelt a woman with plates and cutlery? Ever shoot someone in the crotch with a bowling ball and yell 'STRIKE'?

I have. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Saw it down the barrel of my junk jet, and I saw that it was good.

Oh and I left my minigun in a drawer and someone stole it oops.

Posting on phone so no link but it's all over this thread and in my sig. Hopefully see you people in a bit!
  • Time for some more post apocalyptic rambling. 

21:00 is the time. The strim is the place. But also face is the place. 

Tune in and watch me go face AF. 

It's a truly shocking plot twist. That will surprise absolutely no one probably.
  • Gonna ghetto stream (cam job) some IIDX in about 15 mins if anyone's interested:

https://www.twitch.tv/nmdja

Gonna push 11s and attempt some 12s mayber. Playing the greatest hits disc covering 1st to 15th games.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Well somehow you have Siglemic, one of the all time great SM64 streamers, watching.
  • Haha, really? Game recognizes game, I guess.

Thanks for tuning in buddy.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Yo, where's this Powerful Board at?!
  • Yo I been busy doing nothing mang!

Sorry bud, over xmas once I actually stopped and started to rest I realised how utterly knackered I was so I just chilled the whole time and tried to recharge my batteries. Had to be done, not sure I was heading a particularly good direction mentally by the end of the year.

Strim will be back on Friday night but you're gonna pissed, I got character diarrhoea and am floating between a couple of builds. Latest one is a lucky puncher, I am the worst, soz.
  • Ayo just to confirm at some point tha neet I will be punching things in Fallout 4 for an unspecified amount of time. Mainly chill strim. More details once I get home.
  • Casul strim from 22:00. 

Get in yo jammy jams and get comfortable. 

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Splatoon 2 speed run on the brilliant annual GDQ event - https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Sonic Mania's on right now... Nothing special, but I wasn't rushing to buy the game...
  • Sonic is much better to watch as a speedrunning game than most, to be fair.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Watching this shit... Why do you think so many games are seemingly broken?
    Do you think it's kinda' a metaphor for computing at large, perhaps?
  • Most games are perfectly function complete. The end user primarily cares about glitches that break the game to title screen/brick the console/lose progress/halt progress. Devs will excise those as much as they can. There is no way they can cover everything because the intersections of variables are incredibly vast and cannot resist the computational weight of hundreds of thousands of players fucking with it over a huge collective amount of time.

In speedruns games are broken in incredibly specific ways, total edge cases that people have to mine them for, and the game tends to carry on running when they happen - which is a good reflection of the level of stability they are built to.

In OoT the game will let you skip to various areas by abusing incredibly specific memory loading states in FMV loading sequences. When 99.9% of your audience will never interact with that, it's working absolutely fine.
  • I read tweets by a developer Temps, your post reminds me of it. They were complaining about the speedrunners saying ‘lol broken’ at the game when they’ve just done a pixel perfect screen freezer that no normal play would ever reveal. Fair complaints I guess.
  • I think I saw the first tweet of that, but my short stint in QA was illuminating, and I have been watching videos about games by a guy who is a software engineer and his sense of wonder that games work at all is infectious. Take the FFXV photo caputre stuff, it works incredibly well the majority of the time, and it's nothing more than a layer of gloss that is all about the idea of what photos mean to people. 

Sure, you can run your chocobo at a table of people to no reaction and utter a "lol stupid game" but a piece of wonderful coding worked on hard by a team that adds zero functional value to the product but enriches the world? Absolute magic. Games work so well and so often, it's a damn miracle.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!