101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • HBJ, reply with an image of some Pyramids.

He'll reply with some shite about aliens. Or flat earth.
    djchump wrote:
    Life's too short - just delete the guy from facebook. Or delete facebook completely. You'll be happier for it.

Och, he's OK in real life, just annoying on Facebook. Gets on my tits a bit, but it's pretty inconsequential I suppose.

Hence posting it in here.

R.e. deleting Facebook, been giving that some thought recently. Chucked it for a bit after the indyref in 2014. But, Mrs bawjaws sends me baby stuff (links, pics of how big it is at each stage, prams she wants etc) most every day through fb messenger. Only reason I haven't deleted it yet.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Some rich people have huge graves.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Oh yeah, pyramids already, ok.
  • Some people have huge pyramids.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Buddha, for example.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Well, it's easy to have a huge pyramid when you have aliens building them for you.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    But, Mrs bawjaws sends me baby stuff (links, pics of how big it is at each stage, prams she wants etc) most every day through fb messenger. Only reason I haven't deleted it yet.

If only you had each other's mobile numbers, or email addresses.

Joking apart, I've found that I just massively limit my fb browsing, rather than deleting.
  • Andy wrote:
    HawBawJaws wrote:
    But, Mrs bawjaws sends me baby stuff (links, pics of how big it is at each stage, prams she wants etc) most every day through fb messenger. Only reason I haven't deleted it yet.

Joking apart, I've found that I just massively limit my fb browsing, rather than deleting.

I know, I know. She'll send a text, then 2 minutes later a Facebook message, then back to texting, and so on.

• HawBawJaws wrote:
    Same guy just shared this, from the 'Buddha's teachings and science' fb page: bwfSjVM.jpg What a load of shite! Cars? Bank accounts? Pretty sure Buddha had fuck all to say about those things, seeing as they didn't exist at the time. This guy's trolling me now, got to be.

Reply with this:

Are you sure about that?

3555226565_e559fdc8e7_o1.jpg?w=700
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    HawBawJaws wrote:
    Andy wrote:
    HawBawJaws wrote:

I know, I know. She'll send a text, then 2 minutes later a Facebook message, then back to texting, and so on.

Or just use WhatsApp. So much better.
  • Agreed, but weirdly, she doesn't or hardly ever uses that, along with twitter and insta. She does use Snapchat, but I don't.
  • Are you some kind of terrorist?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Tell her if you wanted to buy prams and see the kid all day, she'd be going out to work instead
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Are you some kind of terrorist?

Because I don't use Snapchat?

No, I'm just in my thirties and view it as a thing for da yoof of today.
  • That was meant for Live.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    What did live say?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    gas chambers, minions and burning folk
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • What did live say?

Wait no, not live, you.

I expect this will be the level of competence you can expect from the government in this issue too.
  • That was meant for Live.

Ah, righto.
    What did live say?

Something about burning everything. Whatsapp's better for arranging it.

Or something.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    What so who are the terrorists, the one's using whatsapp or the ones not using whatsapp

The pilots are the ones using iChat
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    the terrorists are the ones who have beards cocko
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Might be time to visit the barbers
  • cockbeard wrote:
    gas chambers, minions and burning folk

I think taken in context the label Freedom Fighter is more appropriate.
  • HawBawJaws wrote:
    HBJ, reply with an image of some Pyramids.
    He'll reply with some shite about aliens. Or flat earth.
    djchump wrote:
    Life's too short - just delete the guy from facebook. Or delete facebook completely. You'll be happier for it.
    Och, he's OK in real life, just annoying on Facebook. Gets on my tits a bit, but it's pretty inconsequential I suppose. Hence posting it in here. R.e. deleting Facebook, been giving that some thought recently. Chucked it for a bit after the indyref in 2014. But, Mrs bawjaws sends me baby stuff (links, pics of how big it is at each stage, prams she wants etc) most every day through fb messenger. Only reason I haven't deleted it yet.

Unfollow him. No awkward unfriending and you won't see his crap!
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • UK Mail (the carrier rather than the, er, industry). Wish companies wouldn't use them. Ordered something for delivery yesterday, no sign of a card or anything when I get home and apparently one's required if I have to collect from their depot way out in Cambuslang. Try as I might there seems to be no way to contact an actual human being by phone, and the best option for getting someone seems to be to message them on Twitter and wait for five hours.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    These cheap/zero employee firms are fucking ridiculous, last year tried speaking to someone at Yodel, took forever
    Welcome to the Yodel live chat Service. An advisor will be with you shortly.
    Please wait to send your question until we connect you with one of our advisors.
    You are now connected with Hassan
    Hassan: Welcome to Yodel Online.  How can I help you today?
    Ben: JJD0002250262147424
    Ben: Your tracking information is confusing
    Ben: It implies that you've been unable to collect this parcel from your own service centre
    Ben: Could you explain what is happening, I was expecting this parcel today
    Hassan: I'll take a look into this for you
    Hassan: Please could you confirm the full name and address that should be on your parcel?
    Ben: I've given you the tracking number
    Ben: Mr B Usaf 39E Earlsfield Road, SW189DB
    Hassan: Thank you.
    Hassan: Can you give me a minute or two to look into this for you?
    Ben: I'm right here, find out what yo ucan please
    Hassan: Thank you.
    Hassan: It seems your parcel has not been scanned for a while, I will raise this on our system so the depot can can get an update for you. Can you provide me details on what the parcel contains? It can take up to 24 hours for the depot to respond and have an update on the tracking page for you.
    Hassan:
    Ben: Why are the contents relevant?
    Ben: If the parcel has not been scanned, why does the tracking page state 'Not home, Card left'
    Hassan: Just so if the depot need to look for the parcel it will be easier for them to locate it
    Ben: Do your depot staff have xray vision?
    Ben: Hello?
    Hassan: I have raised this for you and we will have an update for you soon Ben
    Hassan: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    Ben: How will you update me?
    Ben: Also you didn't answer my question about xray vision
    Ben: This chat is very slow, I really feel like I don't have your full attention
    Hassan: You will get an update on the tracking page Ben. Yep they have x ray vision and heat vision also.
    Ben: I did wonder how knowing the contents of the package would help them find it, that clears that up I suppose
    Ben: Have they collected it from the sender? Is it at the Depot, has it ever been scanned?
    Ben: This is simple enough information, that I would expect would be easy for yo to find
    Sorry, our chat session has ended due to circumstances beyond our control. Please feel free to chat with us again if you need further assistance.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Cool yer jets, Ben.

Windows 10 Fuddly-Duddly Update

Yeah, let's ‘review’ my privacy settings on this mandatory update, i.e. put them back to how they were before you showed up. We still can't tell it to piss off with its automatic downloads, nor even ask us for approval before downloading them.

Waiting ages for your PC to shut down after it's downloaded something on the sly isn't on. And then loads more waiting — as good as an OS install — when you fire it back up. For something that I don't want. I might install Windows 7 when I next reformat my laptop.
  • Aye win 10 updates are a pain.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Generally don't mind the part-time job I do, but it annoys me when I've left one of the double doors locked, and not unfolded the doormat (leaving it rolled up across the stairs) and it's still 10 to hour opening hour and people still awakeardoy step over it and come down. Go away.
  • We used to have people crawl under the security door when we had it a few foot open while we set up. Like seriously fuck off.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!