101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Passing it across the desk constantly.
  • Superglue it to the middle of the table.
  • Someone in our office used a landline phone a few weeks back, everyone stared a bit, no one had seen anyone use a landline phone in such a long time, it really stood out.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    My job is writing telecomms software.  Occasionally we have to check we haven't "broken" rotary phones, faxes and modems.  Oh what fun that is.
  • (going back a couple pages in the thread)

R.e. the orange walk in Glasgow today. Just saw this on robert Florence (baldy guy from burnistoun) Twitter, made me laugh:

totBMiM.jpg
  • Birthday night in with the wife ruined because I've shown some resistance to picking up women's sanitary products in the shopping. 
    I've no problem doing it in an emergency but I do feel some embarrassment when going through the till and don't want to be in a position where I'm expected to get them all the time. 
    I don't think I'm being unreasonable, I know there are people it wouldn't bother and there are people that would never pick them up for their missus but for some reason mine has completely missed the idea that it could be uncomfortable for me even though I've done it in the past.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    Birthday night in with the wife ruined because I've shown some resistance to picking up women's sanitary products in the shopping. 
    I've no problem doing it in an emergency but I do feel some embarrassment when going through the till and don't want to be in a position where I'm expected to get them all the time. 
    I don't think I'm being unreasonable, I know there are people it wouldn't bother and there are people that would never pick them up for their missus but for some reason mine has completely missed the idea that it could be uncomfortable for me even though I've done it in the past.

Wut?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm afraid that I'm on your wife's side here, Hodge.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't see where the embarrassment comes from.
  • It's about as embarrassing as buying toilet roll.
  • To be fair I always get funny looks asking where the jam rags are.
  • AIBU to not want to buy tampons for DW?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I sometimes buy them just to get the funny looks.
  • Aye, you're on a hiding to nothing here Hodge. I've had to buy all sorts of weird and wonderful shit over the years.

poker face and a wry smile

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I would actually have zero embarrassment doing that. Not even a pinch
  • I don't get the embarrassment.
  • Reminds me of the time when it was my turn to go and buy the butt plugs and dogging mags.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I can understand the embrassment, I certainly felt a twinge of it when buying this sort of thing once upon a time, what I don't understand is failing to suck it up and just buying them anyway. The embarrassment can exist, but it's clearly an irrational feeling, and as such shouldn't be considered a good enough reason not to help out your partner.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I can understand the embrassment, I certainly felt a twinge of it when buying this sort of thing once upon a time, what I don't understand is failing to suck it up and just buying them anyway. The embarrassment can exist, but it's clearly an irrational feeling, and as such shouldn't be considered a good enough reason not to help out your partner.

Nail. Head.
  • The only thing that ever cross my mind is "I hope I got the right ones" and "KHORNE CARES NOT FROM WHENCE THE BLOOD FLOWS! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE OF KHORNE!"
  • I have sucked it up and got em in the past but it just seems to be becoming a more regular thing. That's more where I'm coming from. I don't see how its my responsibility when I don't use them and she has a better idea when she'll need them and should stock up. 
    For the context,she always flat out refused to pick up condoms or lube when she was in the shops.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    About getting the right ones, B just sends me pictures of the whole aisle and I tell him what to get.

He even went out to get some when we were on holiday in LA and had a motel in a rough neighborhood with only a shady gas station close by to get them. Both motel and gas station had bulletproof glass, so that gives you a bit of a feeling for how nice an area it is. He was my hero that night.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Hodge360 wrote:
    I have sucked it up and got em in the past but it just seems to be becoming a more regular thing. That's more where I'm coming from. I don't see how its my responsibility when I don't use them and she has a better idea when she'll need them and should stock up. 
    For the context,she always flat out refused to pick up condoms or lube when she was in the shops.

I'd say it's her responsibility to say when she needs them but they can then be bought by whoever is going to the shops. But yes, there's no reason for her not to buy condoms or lube, unless you live in Saudi Arabia.

I suggest that you two spend the next two years with only you buying sanitary products and only her buying condoms and lube until you both get over your embarrassment.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I don't mind getting them but Wifey doesn't like it, especially since the daughters "joined her" - so it's rare I'll have to.

Given our age I suspect she's getting close to the end of that journey actually. Doesn't really come up in conversation.

She tuts when the bodyform ad comes on.

We used to called them fanny pads in school.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ireland is a backwards pit, to be fair.
  • When potatoes have been in the cupboard too long and grown those little fucking tendril things.  Makes my skin crawl, creepy little potato fuckers!
  • Nina wrote:
    About getting the right ones, B just sends me pictures of the whole aisle and I tell him what to get.

That's what the wife and I do.
  • Kow wrote:
    Ireland is a backwards pit, to be fair.
    This. We've been brought up to be embarrassed and ashamed for anything and everything. I blame the Catholic church.
    The Daddy wrote:
    When potatoes have been in the cupboard too long and grown those little fucking tendril things.  Makes my skin crawl, creepy little potato fuckers!
    Plant em and they'll grow into wonderful potato plants.
  • That's what they want. Then they takeover and before long they're putting us in the ground!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!