101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've never had a pair of jeans wear at the crotch. Evidently my penis is too inferior to make an impact.
  • As stated, these cheap Tesco jeans are far superior in both cut and quality as the Gap ones I had. I'm with the hooves, it's all branding bullocks.
  • I've never had a pair of jeans wear at the crotch. Evidently my penis is too inferior to make an impact.
    Or these other folk are stuffing too many socks down their pants.
  • I wear out at the knees, what does that tell you eh?
  • This could go one of two ways actually.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I wear out at the knees, what does that tell you eh?

That I'm looking forward to catching up over Xmas?
  • I've no idea how you had a pair of Primark jeans for years. Unless you only wore therm once a year. When I was piss poor that was all I could afford, and they were cheap nasty shit, thin as fuck and fell apart in months if you were lucky.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You must get the cheap knock off Primark stuff over there.
  • Of course it's cheap knock offs, it's Primark.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's what we send to the brits.
  • All my jeans are from Primark.  The zip broke on a couple, but I just bought the same again because they were only about £11.  £18 is the most I've ever paid for trousers (Primark again, sort of grey chino things), three stripe joggers excluded.
  • Dante, I’m with Kow. I’ve had two pairs of Primark jeans for work, and they’re fucking indestructible. Good, thick, hardwearing denim, while still comfortable. The first pair I bought in 2010, they’ve been through attics, crawlspaces, a few fights, and they’re still alive. They were so good, that’s why I bought a similar pair for my current post.

I’m sure you can get shit jeans at Primark, but the quality has little/nothing to do with the price you pay or the label.
  • I've genuinely no idea where you found those. I would go through a pair every 2-3 months over the course of about 5 years. I bought a pair of Levi's and they lasted 3 years before any damage - which was to the knee, on the knee I would kneel down on when changing shelves at work.
  • I like the cut/comfort of Levis, although I only buy them at Slaters, where I have an account, because it doesn’t feel like I’m spending money, let alone sixty fucking quid on jeans that wear through between the thighs if you give them a hard stare. They make the world’s softest denim.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Only reason anybody gives a fuck about Levis's is those launderette ads from the 80s. Levi's suddenly became a thing.
  • I'm chatting to Amazon customer webchat as a parcel was left outside in the rain and all the books I'd ordered have warped. She just said they would send replacements out for the 3 books. I said fine, but just to confirm there were 4 books, right? She was all like 'Yeah, sorry, I've been here since 10am this morning' and this has annoyed me because I work much longer hours than that and can still count to 4.

Ridiculous thing to annoy me but hey... it did.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah that kind of thing annoys me too, particularly when people are angry and shouty and then say sorry, it's because they're busy. So what if you're busy?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'm chatting to Amazon customer webchat as a parcel was left outside in the rain and all the books I'd ordered have warped. She just said they would send replacements out for the 3 books. I said fine, but just to confirm there were 4 books, right? She was all like 'Yeah, sorry, I've been here since 10am this morning' and this has annoyed me because I work much longer hours than that and can still count to 4. Ridiculous thing to annoy me but hey... it did.

Ah man she probably had about 200 enquiries before yours, it happens.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Well, I was at a rodeo earlier this year and the advertised brand was Wrangler, not Levi's.

Jeans are fairly cheap here anyway, but I find the extra cheap ones often just look silly. It's not only a difference (maybe) in denim, but more the fit that makes me spend more. I actually don't really wear jeans but B does and I want him to look good.
  • I’m wearing a pair of Wranglers right now. If my mum ever bought branded jeans for us when I was growing up, they were Wranglers.

I have a confession to make; the ones I’m wearing are very, very slightly stretchy. You can’t tell from looking at them, and it makes me feel like an old duffer who buys comfortable slacks from Cotton Traders, but they really are a good fit.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Slightly stretchy is the in thing, you're on trend Andy.
  • Honestly, it's a hipsters paradise this place.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I know right. Jeans? Whatever next.
  • It's rice in the ailments thread.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    DPD.

So much this right now
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Apparently Wrangler are the best and still worn by actual rodeo guys.

They were until a few years ago when they replaced my favourites with elastane ones. Good comfort-fit jeans are hard to find these days. I've a few pairs of Lees put aside, but they're not as tough as my old Wranglers. None of the others I've tried fit properly, 'cause my legs are quite big in comparison to my waist. Regulars are skinny on me.
  • Andy wrote:
    I’m wearing a pair of Wranglers right now. If my mum ever bought branded jeans for us when I was growing up, they were Wranglers. I have a confession to make; the ones I’m wearing are very, very slightly stretchy. You can’t tell from looking at them, and it makes me feel like an old duffer who buys comfortable slacks from Cotton Traders, but they really are a good fit.
    I bought a pair of wranglers slightly stretchy by accident a couple of years back after getting fed up of cheap jeans and their weird cuts. Best jeans I've ever had.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • So yesterday, we finished at lunch time and, as is traditional, a bunch of us from work hit a local public house (let’s call it the Vandling Brilla) for some drinking and merriment. We’ve been going there for years, generally we commandeer a small section as most (about 12) of us are there for the duration with others coming and going throughout the afternoon/evening. 

We were there about two hours yesterday when a barmaid came over and plonked a freshly printed ‘reserved for Rebecca from 4:30’ sign on our table. “What’s that about” we politely enquired. “Someone’s just booked it online” she said, and waddled off. “Fuck that” we collectively declared, and ditched the piece of paper somewhere under a nearby chair. She returned later and basically told us off for losing the sign. “It fell off” we said. Anyway, nobody showed up to try and shift us so we continued on with our festive bants. 

Then a new, freshly printed reserved sign was presented to us. This time it was for a 5:30 slot, different person. We ditched that too, but then an irate barman came over, admonished us for upsetting the barmaid earlier and said we’d have to shift, the table had been booked. After some failed attempts at getting him to see how unreasonable it was to book a table from under a big group who planned to be there for the duration we upped sticks and went to a different establishment. 

Absolutely ridiculous. Not going there again.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!