101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Thank you ham.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Landlords can indeed be fucks, but if someone left a load of junk in my place when they moved out I'd charge them for the removal and dumping of it.

it's more the "unhappy with the state of the flat" thing. It's a 2 boxes, a bookcase, and two minor items. I would have chucked the latter outside in the lot but I was advised against it by the letting agent.

It's my bad, but renting a flat out where the exterior wall is so poorly looked after it leaked through winter is their bad, and we never got back any of hour extortionate heating bills for their negligence. And lord I tried. Tenants get shafted.
  • Landlords can be utter pricks. We had an awful experience leaving our last place. Absolutely awful and it all ended with a protracted email war/negotiation. Eventually we reached an agreement that we just had to accept but the landlord just turned into an absolute monster.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • When I was younger we briefly moved to a ‘farm’, but was then told we weren’t allowed to keep pets, which wasn’t mentioned in the contract. The place was advertised as an idyllic escape from the noise and bustle of city or town life. What they didn’t mention is that they would be converting the neighboring barns over the next two years, which created far more noise than any street we’ve ever lived on.

In the end my parents withheld rent over the conditions (frequent blackouts, heating not working, landlord letting herself into house without permission) and so the landlord took us to court for damaging the lawn and various other aspects of the property. Fortunately my parents had thoroughly documented the state of the place before moving in (it was already a mess) and photographed diggers driving across and fucking up the lawn, so in the end they didn’t get a penny.
  • Horror stories from both ends; I've seen nice landlords fucked over by shitty tenants too.

Anyway, most ridiculous complaint I've had on moving out was that they wanted to take some deposit because the draws in the wardrobe I didn't use had dust in them. Never mind that they were probably foul of laws because of the amount of damp in the flat.
  • One flat I moved out of, I was charged for repainting the entire place. The letting agents deducted the cost from my deposit.

Thing is, I had given them a new tenant – one of my colleagues moved in after I left. When I popped in for a flatwarming beer, I took a few photos showing that nobody had repainted a damn thing.

The landlord fired his letting agents and sent me a cheque.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Tim fucking Horton's. A sub standard Starbucks. Which is saying something. I went in to sit down for ten minutes and got a coffee which turned out to be a third of a litre of piss that was too hot to drink. Ten minutes later it was still too hot so I just left it and fucked off.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’m reliably told by Canadians that Tim Hortons went massively downhill a few years back when they stopped baking on the premises.
  • The coffee is really dire.
  • All it does is remind me of working at cex. Place was ran solely on their large filter coffees. I was in a dark place with them for a time but thankfully I've turned my life around #blessed
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    People that arrive at the lift when you're waiting and have already pressed the call button but press it again themselves, often several times, as if that will make the lift come faster. Double the annoyance if the lift then arrives within a few seconds of them pressing it and they get in all smug because apparently I just hadn't pressed it right and was evidently standing around like a mug until they came along.

Ugh. It's been a bloody long week.
  • People who pre-book tables in a pub to watch football matches.   I mean, I just question the entire business model.  If I get there 2 hours before kick off (like what I did this week, as I went straight from work) I can't get a decent seat/table anywhere because they've all got scrappy pieces of paper with the words 'reserved for Jemma & Eric 6.30' or wotever scrawled on them.   So I head off to another establishment.  That's two hours of me and my mates sitting there drinking & eating that you've missed out on - actual business, money behind the bar.   Whilst the ponce whose booked the table is going to turn up 5 minutes to go before k.o (and has paid, what a fiver?, to reserve it).  Explain the winning economics behind that one please publicans.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • One of my mate's jokes is "Jen and Eric were just like any other couple". You reminded me of that. Cheers
  • Cosby wrote:
    People that arrive at the lift when you're waiting and have already pressed the call button but press it again themselves, often several times, as if that will make the lift come faster. Double the annoyance if the lift then arrives within a few seconds of them pressing it and they get in all smug because apparently I just hadn't pressed it right and was evidently standing around like a mug until they came along.

Ugh. It's been a bloody long week.

The lift at work that has a beep on the floor buttons that requires less pressure than the you've-actually-pressed-it light. So at 6am a sleepy half-arsed press might yield a beep, followed by standing still for a while and realising I've been an idiot again.

• They should definitely make lifts that come faster when you press the button more often
  • All relative and without limitations
  • Say you're on the 4th floor, and you want to go down rather than up, do most people automatically press the down arrow to call the lift? Because I just press either, as a lift will turn up anyway, but my supervisor seemed taken aback by how weird it was to just press any arrow rather than the direction I want to travel. Am I the weirdo here, or is he just assuming his process is 'correct'?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You're the weirdo, as if someone is going to the fifth floor the lift will open and you'll get on and have to go up a floor only to come back down. You're wasting your time and that of the poor sod already in the lift. Catching it on the way down is faster for everyone.
  • I just assumed both buttons sent out the same 'closest lift, come to me' signal. Weirdo status confirmed.
  • IIRC, they actually do the same on most lifts.
  • Different lifts work different ways. Shocker, I know.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Most lifts that I can recall have a light up arrow when they arrive indicating whether they are going up or down.
  • Your supervisor is probably right in that case. Weirdo.
  • Button for direction of travel on lifts.  Even my kid know this.  If there’s no directional button available it is acceptable to float to where you need to go instead
  • KidS.  I have two kidS not just a single kid.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    People who pre-book tables in a pub to watch football matches.   I mean, I just question the entire business model.  If I get there 2 hours before kick off (like what I did this week, as I went straight from work) I can't get a decent seat/table anywhere because they've all got scrappy pieces of paper with the words 'reserved for Jemma & Eric 6.30' or wotever scrawled on them.   So I head off to another establishment.  That's two hours of me and my mates sitting there drinking & eating that you've missed out on - actual business, money behind the bar.   Whilst the ponce whose booked the table is going to turn up 5 minutes to go before k.o (and has paid, what a fiver?, to reserve it).  Explain the winning economics behind that one please publicans.

Don't get me fucking started on pubs letting people reserve tables.  What a load of shite.  Which reminds me, time to book another table for Andrew Peacock at my old local.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!