101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • The lifts in my work are a never ending source of complete rage for me.

There I am, yknow, with a patient that, yknow, can't bloody walk. That's half the reason I'm there. To take them where they need to go in either a wheelchair or trolley. Because they can't fucking walk. Right?

But nah, we'll wait an extra couple of minutes to get to the appointment they're probably late for* at radiology because there's a gaggle of overweight waddling nurses all with the same Can I Speak To The Manager haircut all using the particular lift I'm waiting for to go down to the restaurant where they can justify their toilet diet cos "ah goat a diet coke the day so it's nae bother if I just wire intae this pie, beans and chips fae the restaurant", that's cool ladies, I'll just fuckin do that then shall I?

Not like there isn't a set of stairs beside every lift anyway. Not like there isn't fucking signs up saying "here fatties this is a service lift, fuck off". Not like MY PATIENT CANNY FUCKIN WALK. Yous just go on ahead.

Fucking arseholes.

*Usually late due to similar kinds of nurse taking a fucking age coming to help. Mostly due to the waddling pace they set. Fuckin move it, Janet. Time is money you daft fat boot.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Best Post there gav.
  • I hate it when people enter the lift, press their floor button, then don't press the close doors button. The doors in our building (that one from Assassins Creed, biggest clock-face in the UK, yeah) has lift doors that close bare slow. Really irritates.
  • Also - people who put their feet on public transport seats. Fucks me off to no measure. Cunts.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I was on the train the other morning and old guy got on, took his shoes off and put his feet up on the opposite seat. He kept them there as the train filled up to only standing room.
  • A woman this morning had her legs crossed in front of her, then didn't uncross and scooch in as I tried to sit down opposite her (the female equivalent of manspreading?) Man was pissed. I sat down in the seat next to the one I wanted to. Then, she puts her boot-clad feet on the seat (which was next to me) for the whole journey. Utter cunt.
  • I feel a "old people re: public transport" post brewing..
  • Women who sit on the aisle side of the two seater bits on trains, blocking the empty window seat while doing their make up have had a mention from me in this thread before. For some reason the preening adds a multiplier to the cuntery.

As a kid I hated the sight of feet on seats on trains as it meant papa moot would be readying his 'can you remove your shoes from the seat please?' line, occasionally accompanied by a backhand shin tap and rarely met with a simple 'ok mate sorry'. I've never seen him let it slide.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    As a kid I hated the sight of feet on seats on trains as it meant papa moot would be readying his 'can you remove your shoes from the seat please?' line, occasionally accompanied by a backhand shin tap and rarely met with a simple 'ok mate sorry'. I've never seen him let it slide.

This and the story about you da' spinning round to tell some cunts off at a gig is why I love you mate.

On the other hand, I have no problem with women doing their makeup on public transport, seeing as how it's a patriarchy thing, and I'm all for our sisters rising up.
  • I want to say it was a James gig, but maybe that's wrong.
  • A very specific thing but... playing people in board/card/miniature waragmes who presume you know all the rules off by heart even though they're very complex and full of things that have to be FAQ'd all the time, and then proceed to basically roll faster than you can parse and not have their rules visible.

Not only that but they complain when you make successful rolls and gloat when you fail them.

So by the end of the game you've lost, had a shit time, then chat with your nice online pals about it and they tell you the myriad of ways your opponent got the rules wrong.
  • I hate hipsters. But that’s because right now I’m in a hipster pub.

Ignore me being an old fart, just moaning.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I want to say it was a James gig, but maybe that's wrong.

The Levellers.  Billed as acoustic, turned out to be more 'with strings'.  It was a sit down gig though.
  • you know, the main reason i don't like to complain about others being idiots too much, is because it just seems to tempt fate. :) so after a morning dealing with fairly harmless irritations from people being idiots and complaining about it, i then stepped in and did something proper idiotic - misran an update command on a database so instead of updating 60 rows i updated the same column on all 750000 rows in the table.
    so now what gets on my tits is that sql doesn't have a built in safety net so you have to specify something like "where ALL" in order for an update/delete to run against every record! ;)
    Lol I did that couple weeks back. Thank fuck it was only the dev db!!!!
    Can be so easily done
    Highlighted the query to run but didn't highlight the where line.
    I now no longer run update/inserts by highlighting.new tab for that sole command
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    I want to say it was a James gig, but maybe that's wrong.
    The Levellers.  Billed as acoustic, turned out to be more 'with strings'.  It was a sit down gig though.

Ah it's been a while since I came into a thread and saw myself quoted with no recollection of having made the posts (Friday was pretty boozy).

Anyway, I'm defo going to do the shin-slap when I get to an age when people can't really chin me for it.
  • There's a pretty good pic from just after we arrived.  Various degrees of happy to be here:

levellers.jpg

Turns out dad didn't have a fucking clue who The Levellers were.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Is he not actually one of the Levellers?
  • I want Moot's dad to teach me all he knows.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Did he not tell you to go home and get your shine box?
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Haha, love Papa Moot's pissed off surly face in that pic. Strong.
  • I want Moot's dad to teach me all he knows.

He knows his canal boat is gradually sinking thanks to a slow leak.  He also knows he should probably do something about it.
  • davyK wrote:

We reckon he looks more like one dog goes one way and the other dog goes the other way.  There's a good picture of him on his boat somewhere, with one dog going one way.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    You're right.....:)
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    davyK wrote:
    We reckon he looks more like one dog goes one way and the other dog goes the other way.  There's a good picture of him on his boat somewhere, with one dog going one way.

Jesus how did I miss this?

Top work, boys.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Actually - I'm more like Batts.... All grey and no beard. :)

5 stone ago but you get the idea...

laughingPint_small.jpg
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    What? You're an ex-taoiseach?
  • I'd definitely watch a sports highlights package hosted by Davy.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    We've done you before Davy.

MV5BNDE4MjEzMzAzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzYzNDgwMw@@._V1_.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!