101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • The shop across the square from my flat came under new ownership a while back. It’s been a mix of better and worse changes. The longer opening hours (until 10pm every night) are great for convenience. There’s been some aesthetic renovations, some of which are a marked improvement on the old shop, but there’s been a massive reduction in floorspace, and it’s a little unclear why they’ve done that. Its now very cramped. They’ve reduced the variety of stock, but upped the volume of what they do buy, adding to the cramped layout.

Anyway, the new owner has his son working there, as far as I can tell, every single minute that he’s not in school. He’s maybe 12 or 14 and, because his dad is boss, I’ve heard him talking to the staff in quite an abrupt manner. We’re talking about folk who’ve worked in that shop for about as long as he’s been alive (one even longer) and he talks to them like they’re idiots just because they lack the clairvoyance to know what changes the new owners are making.

He served me just now. Once he’d scanned my shopping, I asked for one of the toffee donuts I’d seen in the bakery cabinet. Off he trotted.

“WE’RE ALL OUT,” he shouts at me from the cabinet, 15 feet away. Okay, what are those on the right? “You mean fudge donuts?” That’ll do, thanks. Back he comes to the till with it. “They’re actually fudge donuts. The yum-yums are toffee.” Okay. Thanks. Bye.
  • Stab him, you can cover it up.
  • Sounds like a right nob. Reminds me of the deli near my work, they have a very enticing display of cakes and cake-like substances, none of which are labelled or priced up. Every single bloody time me or the wife have ordered one we’ve received a condescending correction about what fucking cake type it actually is. We don’t give a fuck what it’s called, if you know which one I mean put it on the fucking plate and shut up.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Stab him, you can cover it up.

with the donut, then cover it up with more donuts
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I thought the donut thing was just in American films.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    They're real. We've got them over here too.
  • I call them doughnuts
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I don't like donuts, they always look incredibly tasty when on display and are such a big disappointment when you actually bite into one.

The only one I didn't hate is the big Homer Simpson donut at Universal Studios. I still have to try Randy's in LA which seems to be famous for their donuts.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Fresh donuts are great, not fussed about any others.
  • I like the crappy, low grade supermarket ones. Also ones from a van.
    Krispy Kreme are gross, Just far too much sugar.
  • They're real. We've got them over here too.

Haha.

I don't really get the Krispy Kreme appeal either. No substance and the wrong kind of sickly. I like the ones that come down the little conveyor belts on piers.
  • If theyre filled jam is fine, custard is wrong.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    If theyre filled jam is fine, custard is wrong.

Incorrect.
  • Nina wrote:
    I don't like donuts, they always look incredibly tasty when on display and are such a big disappointment when you actually bite into one. The only one I didn't hate is the big Homer Simpson donut at Universal Studios. I still have to try Randy's in LA which seems to be famous for their donuts.

You need a Greggs donut
  • Krispy Kreme only for the biscoff number.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The worst doughnut I ever had was in a Tim Horton's, which is apparently famous for them. I bit into it and the filling just poured out all over the place.
  • Nina wrote:
    I don't like donuts, they always look incredibly tasty when on display and are such a big disappointment when you actually bite into one.

One of the improvements at the supermarket is that they’ve got a new bakery supplier, and there’s a selection of savoury pies and pastries, and sweet confections. This is the second time I’ve had one of these donuts, and it’s incredible. The right amount of icing on the top, so it’s sweet but not too sweet, and it’s filled with something that’s somewhere between really thick, whipped cream and custard. Now, given a choice, I’m picking a jam filling over a custard one every day of the week, but I’m willing to make an exception in this case, because it is so good.
  • I really like the ones you get here in scotland? McGhee? Just disgusting amounts of sugar
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Custard donuts for life
  • One thing I can't abide is those Crosstown doughnuts in Soho, like £5 for one. Shite. I'll take a bag of 8 Tesco for £2 any day.
  • Fresh donuts are great, not fussed about any others.
    Yeah, the stale ones aren't as good.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Aldi instore donuts (doughnuts) are very much win, however the Aldi nearest me always has the bakery closed, which sucks
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    People who say "altogether that's........." when telling me what the bill is.

I assume you have added it up for me.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    People who say "altogether that's........." when telling me what the bill is.

I assume you have added it up for me.

Once in a Spar in Dublin they had packs of 2 burger buns with the sign €1 euro each. Of course at the till they said That'll be 2 euros please. Cunts.
  • Donughts with slightly chewie dough are great. I think Offbeat Donughts do ones like that. But the doughnuts with flakes and ferrero rocher etc on top are too much.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Y U M N U T S
    by M&S

aTAoApN.png

Their butter-enriched yum yum recipe, which includes a minimum 18-hour dough resting time coupled with 48 laminations to give it a light open texture. They are then deep-fried and covered in a sweet sugar glaze.

Only had the plain one but WOW.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • When works of fiction have characters translate some ancient text from a mural or a book, and the translation has poetic rhythm, and it rhymes. It happened the other night when I was playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider, and I remember As Above, So Below being a pretty bad offender, too. I know it’s possible to translate something that has rhythm and rhymes so that the translation also has rhythm and rhymes, but nobody is doing it on the fly like that.
  • I have a NAS drive that I have connected to my Pi running Kodi. I SFTP files to it but lately its been problematic. The files would begin to transfer and then stop at a certain point, the transfer would fluctuate and Id have to end it.
    I had been using FileZilla so I tried WinScp and got this error : received ssh2_msg_channel_data for nonexistent channel 0

Turns out, the drive was simply full.
    Freed up some space and bish bash bosh.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Someone in the office has changed their ring tone to the first few bars of The Flumps theme.

Home working can't come quickly enough.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Having any ringtone in an office should be banned. Vibration only.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!