101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Weird, probably is only me (so many things are I might start to wonder if maybe, just maybe, everyone else got it right) but unless there are cans, I always put eggs at the bottom. Also always split everything between two bags to avoid those imbalances
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Eggs at the bottom of a bag full of light stuff, like bread, crisps etc. But I wouldn't put pasta or rice on top of eggs.
  • The people at the tills in our local Aldi/Lidls are beasts at scanning. No way is it possible to pack into bags and keep pace. So yeah the general etiquette is to move the scanned items straight into the trolley and then move to the shelf at the rear of the tills to actually pack the bags. 
    Its a funny contrast with the tills at Dunnes that are populated almost exclusively by grannies or under 25 women. Both are equally as slow as each other. A world apart from tight German efficiency :D 

I usually do a delicates bag. Id put a carton of eggs at bottom followed by yoghurts, berries etc. But Bananas, nah too bulky. They would go in the top of a normal bag.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • So a while ago my laptop was stuck in flight mode. I tried everything I could find, and was eventually told that the WiFi module must have failed. So I bought a new one, and replaced it. Lo and behold, WiFi is working again. Only problem was I broke the ribbon connector clip for the keyboard, and couldn't figure out how to get it in again, so have just been using it with a keyboard.Decided to try and fix it today, and after an hour or so managed to get it in and working. Result!

Except not. The WiFi has gone again. I decide it can't be the WiFi again, as I haven't opened that section, so I must have done something else. I eventually find this page. One of the replies is the following:

If your laptop is stuck in airplane mode and you have a new or refurbished Dell Latitude E6430, look to the right side of the keyboard on the side on your laptop just above the CD drive slot, and look for the switch with the Tower symbol on it. Switch this on, and it will take your laptop out of airplane mode.
    I take a look at the side and there is indeed a switch above the CD drive, although there is no symbol. I flick it, and lo, we have WiFi again. So when replacing the WiFi module I've obviously caught this switch I didn't know was there, and when sorting out the keyboard today, hit it again.

Basically I've had a Boris moment, and been using a gimped laptop for months when all I needed to do was press a switch.
  • That would annoy the fuck out of me too, I mean, it's aeroplane, not airplane.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    images-34.jpg
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I can't see that man without thinking of smashing a hand in with a hammer.
  • I just spent a week doing something similar with my fancy wireless headphones. Couldn't get them to connect to anything, was convinced they were gubbed and panicking about having to replace them. Turns out there's a near-microscopic switch above one of the cans which turns bluetooth on and off, that I'd obviously hit to see what it did and then completely forgotten about.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Haven’t been in this thread for ages then see Dante talking about a Boris moment and obviously he’s talking about BoJo... but part of me is thinking Sony Fucking Golds. It’s that isn’t it??
  • Today my Mum started sending me coronavirus conspiracy theory videos. I dropped her a line to tell her that some spyware or similar was sending crap from her account, but no … she says she was sharing the “important truth”.

Just what I need right now, another job to do. Now I have to figure out how to wean my Mum off this shite before she falls further down the rabbit hole and finds something actually dangerous.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Was it the 5G shit?
  • I have seen things about Bill Gates developing a vaccine that will install tracking chips in us.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    People keep sharing videos with me of various cunts in their bedrooms who have a "theory" about it. What do experts know anyway, when we have Tim and his Twitter skills?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    I have seen things about Bill Gates developing a vaccine that will install tracking chips in us.

Same people praising China quick repsonse which ironically involved tracking it's population
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Stuff about Event 201, a simulation of a coronavirus pandemic from last year is the one I've seen. Can't be bothered to investigate, reality is scary enough at the moment without finding additional things to be troubled by.

5G rollout was already being used as the subject of various health-related conspiracy theories, it's just been repurposed because of recent events.
  • Was it the 5G shit?

Nah, not that bad yet. So far it’s all ‘proof’ that the virus is a Chinese bioweapon deliberately leaked from the lab that made it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I wish Pause was still here as I reckon he'd tell you (though he's likely not allowed to) just how keen bioweapons manufacturers are to leak their products. The guys creating them would be first to die
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The ease by which people drink up all this conspiracy nonsense, without pay any attention to the source of the claims, is actually pretty concerning.

The Bill Gates thing was doing the rounds a few weeks ago, then you've got the 5G thing, the bio weapon nonsense (variously blamed on the US, China, the UK and probably Israel too), and then all the anti-vax loonies to boot.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Fuck me, Eamon Holmes is getting in on the act now, the utter prick.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52270736
  • "What I don't accept is mainstream media immediately slapping that down as not true when they don't know it's not true,"

Eamon Holmes fucks horses, don't slap that down until you know it's not true.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't believe that, he's much too fat.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Not while they're running, jeez
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Listening to Eamon Holmes causes autism. Pass it on.
  • Snopes are doing a great job of collecting debunks of this stuff all on one coronavirus-themed page, but they’re so thorough that someone like my Mum would get through the first paragraph or two and then give up. Too technical.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    https://fullfact.org/health/coronavirus/

Full Fact are pretty good at doing short summaries.
  • Fuck my box BBC
    As Boris Johnson recovers from Covid-19, he will undoubtedly be thinking of an earlier epidemic, says Oxford classicist Armand D'Angour - the plague that hit Athens in 430 BC, and killed the prime minister's hero, Pericles. It's an episode, D'Angour argues, that holds many lessons for today.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    WTF!

Surely Kuenssberg wrote that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!