101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • One thing I can never wrap my head round on it is now and again people go on massive rants about recruiters, their job, their industry etc.

I just think its bizarre to put yourself across like that in a professional platform.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Someone posted a huge spoiler about Game of Thrones on Linkedin too, ruined a big part for me. I expect that kind of shite from Facebook.
  • I go on my Linkedin about once every two years, update my profile, then forget about it again. I really don't know why I have it or what I should be using it for.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    This annoys me to an unreasonable degree. It's supposed to be a Peppa Pig school bus (for some reason) - it's even printed into the plastic on the front. But then the stickers on the side clearly show the family driving their car. So most likely it's some generic toy reconditioned with stickers, but without bothering to pay much attention. Shoddy and irritating.
    4PJwbWJ.jpg
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    "It's been a minute since" used to indicate it's been too long since whatever comes next in the sentence happened. I've only really heard it recently (the last couple of months maybe?) but now it feels like I'm hearing it all the time.
  • "It's been a minute since" used to indicate it's been too long since whatever comes next in the sentence happened. I've only really heard it recently (the last couple of months maybe?) but now it feels like I'm hearing it all the time.
    really irritating.giant bomb are big culprits for this.

Also the empire podcast. Two things. They recently hid their spoiler specials behind a paywall. Nope it's too expensive to warrant. Pity, some of their shows were great.

And secondly I was delighted to see they put out a public episode,50 greatest heroes. And I had to turn it off. It's all gone way too preachy toward Helen O'Hara's viewpoint.No thanks. I just wanna hear about batman and Han solo thanks. If I want to listen to polical commentary ill pop on a relevant podcast.

http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • The phrase should be “it’s been a hot minute” which is a great phrase, and as old as time.
  • Carrying on the Linkedin chat and people posting seriously unprofessional things.

An old colleague of mine is the head of interior design for Intu shopping centres so naturally Intu stuff pops up on my feed from time to time, particularly now.

The head of the security team just posted something along the lines of "Despite today's news we are still open, we are still supporting our customers and visitors and I will be supporting my team through these uncertain times".

First post on it some twat head of security from another company genuinely asking if they will be selling their radios because he is interested.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Gotta get dem deals
  • Lol Nice
  • Some people have called him on his insensitivity and he has gone full defence mode calling them all attention seekers.

Is this perhaps what DrDisrespect is now doing?
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    My now junked kettle. Three button presses to turn on? Taking the utter piss.
    Things can only get better.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    haha, that's mental, mine has a "power dial", you know for those times when you want to wait longer for your boiling water. Which means that's a variable resistor which ironically will be turning the excess unwanted power into, yep, heat, morons
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Our hot water tap has developed a drip. With the stainless steel sink it's link Chinese water torture listening to it. I have an arrangement of drinking straws placed to remove the drip.

We have a large kitchen/dining and seating area at the back of the house and quite often I will sit there at night and watch some TV on my own while Wifey and the girls watch shite in another room. The room being large with painted plaster walls, tiled floor and stone worktop is an echo chamber and the fucking drip is tedious....

Plumber was here today servicing the gas boiler. Of course the tap doesn't use standard parts (a Franke one which I thought was pretty mainstream) so of course he is going to have to order it.

Back to the drinking straws for a while.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    sponge?

edit: ahh, you've already got a Heath Robinson contraption running
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yeah I was gonna suggest a damp tea towel or cloth.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Even a sponge once saturated makes a dull thud in this bloody room!!!

My arrangement guides the drip into the sink so there is no impact.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    cockbeard wrote:
    haha, that's mental, mine has a "power dial", you know for those times when you want to wait longer for your boiling water. Which means that's a variable resistor which ironically will be turning the excess unwanted power into, yep, heat, morons

Why would you want to wait longer for it to boil? Sounds bizarre.

My new one click kettle feels like luxury, the old one had a temperature setting, I think I used lower than boil heat settings twice in the five years or so I had it.

Things can only get better.
  • The bloody credits on Disney+. Approximately half the runtime on some of the shorts are credits, (they include all the different languages regardless), which don't skip automatically, and you can't even skip to the end, only to the -9s mark, then when they finally do end, a timer starts to play the next episode in a series. Mostly it's annoying when I'm occupy the kids and get on with work/slaying the spire.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Well Disney+ still isn't even streaming 4k for me.quite annoyed by that
  • Pre ordering something on Amazon only to get an email on release day that it's out of stock and they dont know when it'll be back in.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • That's fucking poor.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • They did that to me with JonB's book.
  • g.man wrote:
    That's fucking poor.

I know! First world problem like, but very fucking annoying.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Frickin spoiler threads that I don't want to read but can't help clicking on cos they've got the yellow unread posts marker nnnggg.
  • Just click mark all viewed?
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Guessing Muzzy does the same as me, I've been ignoring certain threads for so long that I just create a new tab for any thread with less than 20 unread. Which does lead to me sometime catching spoilers, my own fault for not paying attention when opening threads though
  • This "I know a spot" meme on Twitter. Into the fucking bin.
  • I would love to hear the scientific explanation as to why my iPhone never charges the first time I plug it in, but always charges when I turn the cable over and plug it in for a second time.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    USB Type B??

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!