101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • My mobile phone credit has expired?! What the fuck is that about. Last year I topped up 20 euro and I still had 8 left, but apparently after 12 months it just evaporates. What a joke. This should actually be illegal what they are doing here.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've always thought that practice is the biggest bullshit.
  • I didn't realise that was actually still a thing.
  • Yeah that always caught my dad out, as he barely used his phone only to find all the credit I'd bought him had vanished whenever he actually needed to. Eventually I just started paying for a cheap Giffgaf contract, costs me £5 a month and he's sorted.
  • I have a £70 gift card from last year, work lot got it for me for my 40th. Apparently the value on it will start going down now weekly or something by a small (less than £1) amount. Fuck. I can’t find anything I want. The only thing I want to buy is never in stock. Just gonna have to spend it on anything.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Where if the gift card for?
  • Oh I can use it lots of places, it’s a One4All multi-store card.
  • spend it on video games
  • Buy something boring/everyday/grocery then put the cash aside for when you want something.
  • Spend it on musketeers
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    All? For one musketeer?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Do any of the retailers offer Xbox/PlayStation/Steam gift cards? If so, buy those, add them to your account and wait for a game to come out that you want.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    That’s what I do. Shopto are cheapest at the mo with up to 16% off the PS Store wallet top ups.
  • Certain gift cards depreciate weekly now? This is worse than the 12 month mobile credit thing.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    Buy something boring/everyday/grocery then put the cash aside for when you want something.

This is a good suggestion, thanks. I will do this. Basically I have my eye on something that will remind me of 40th birthday at work. Something that will last. Hence why I haven’t just bought a game or something.
  • This afternoon I spent roughly three and a half hours going round in circles on the phone to 3 Mobile's customer service, trying to rectify the complete clusterfuck they appear to have made of signing me up to a new contract...which takes effect tomorrow.
    Best case scenario: The last guy I spoke to has sorted things (I'm not remotely convinced this is the case).
    More likely scenario: My phone still works but is suddenly costing me a fucktonne more because some clown has signed me up to the wrong plan.
    Worst case scenario: My phone no longer works, meaning I'll have to drive to somewhere like Falkirk on Friday, as that's the nearest 3 store that's still physically open during the lockdown here.

As my phone is my business. I'm not best pleased about any of this fuckery.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Stephen McGowan and in particular her Steph's Packed Lunch show.

"I'm fucking Northern and shout loooooods look at the Northern representaaaaaytion"

Fuck off
  • You'll be glad to know that the viewing figures for it are dire.
  • I'm not suprised mate. Have you ever watched it?
  • No, I saw an advert for it which was enough for me.
  • Bloody hell. Just googled its ratings.

At one point it had zero viewers. I realise that doesn't literally mean nobody was watching because that's not quite how it works but that is pretty bad.
  • g.man wrote:
    This afternoon I spent roughly three and a half hours going round in circles on the phone to 3 Mobile's customer service, trying to rectify the complete clusterfuck they appear to have made of signing me up to a new contract...which takes effect tomorrow. Best case scenario: The last guy I spoke to has sorted things (I'm not remotely convinced this is the case). More likely scenario: My phone still works but is suddenly costing me a fucktonne more because some clown has signed me up to the wrong plan. Worst case scenario: My phone no longer works, meaning I'll have to drive to somewhere like Falkirk on Friday, as that's the nearest 3 store that's still physically open during the lockdown here. As my phone is my business. I'm not best pleased about any of this fuckery.

Fuckery indeed! I binned Three after they decided to bump my monthly up by £9 for no reason. I was happily out of contract and just rolling over monthly, then after what must’ve been a year, maybe 18 months, here’s an extra £9 on your bill. When I got my PAC they offered to knock it down to whatever I was already paying. Cheers, fuck right off!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yeah. Similar. Out of contract and happily rolling along until a month ago they get in touch and insist I should sign up to a new contract.
    I follow the links they sent to see my options and there’s a great £17 per month unlimited everything deal, so I press the button on that option. Then...nothing.
    I check their website today as this is due to happen tomorrow, and the site implies I’m on a contract that isn’t unlimited everything and costs £32 per month. WTAF!?
    Seems when you press the order button on the website, it doesn’t all happen automatically. Some pleb at the other end has to “process” your order, and I suspect whoever this was has made a complete fucking arse of doing that.
    Trying to speak to someone at 3 about this during lockdown is unsurprisingly an exercise in absolute futility.
    I’m fucking livid.
  • Bin them and get on smarty. It’s the same network anyway, but might at least make a point.

https://smarty.co.uk/plans/unlimited

(You can get a free month with a referral link too).
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Cheers mate. If they can't sort this out then that seems like the best option.
  • Drivers taking corners too tight and thus encroaching on the oncoming lane.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
    Heh, my pet peev too. Our house is at the back of the estate, but rather than one long road, it's 3 straight streets in a row, off set slightly, and linked by what are effectively chicanes...and some people tend to take the racing line through them (and as the corners are the boundaries of people's property, the corners are fairly blind due to hedges, fences and parked cars etc.)
    Then not far from the estate there's a mini roundabout shoe-horned in where previously was a junction - but it's positioned such that from one direction it's almost a straight road just to cut the wrong side of the roundabout...everyone does it when the road is clear, including me, but some people seem to think it's the proper route and do it even when someone's coming from the other side (who would also have right of way at the roundabout)
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk

More than one of my childhood friends have been killed by that behaviour.
  • @pop feck, sorry to hear that. 

My estate too, has a couple of chicane like stretches and the road is actually quite narrow (the road only serves our estate) so its much easier to take the racing line. Which is fine when there isn't another car inches from you coming in the opposite direction.
    Also the exit to the estate is a long stretch that meets another estate road in a T junction, exiting the estate. That stretch is the long bit meeting the cross of the T. Again its a fairly narrow road, 2 lanes, no meridian marker but more than ample for two cars. Problem is some selfish arsehole has taken to parking his car on the road near the top of the road. So I turn right to get onto the long straight only to be met very quickly by a parked car blocking me. There is a creche at the corner too so during the day the staff all park along the road making things much worse. 
    So the problems here are two-fold. If I turn onto the road and another car is coming out I have to stop to let them pass, which is ok really. The big issue is going in the opposite direction. A lot of people don't stop and drive out around the car. and its a fairly tight road, very little margin for error. But nobody has mentioned it on the facebook pages so I guess Im the only one with an issue :D
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I hate that too.  I sometimes get asked by my passenger-drivers why I'm "so far away from the turning/corner".  It's so that I can cut into the corner without going into the other lane, dumbass.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!