101 Things that get on our tits but don't actually matter in the slightest.
  • The smell of those thin cardboard boxes used for 4 packs of craft beers.
    The have a hum of damp.
  • Another thing.
    I bought a 3 pack of fine liner pens earlier. My bad I assumed they were all black but it turns out one was black, one blue, one red. My fault I didnt look.

Went to use the them. The fucking black had no ink in it. Fine I can deal with blue for this, no ink again.
    OK let's check red, oh red works doesnt it, red is bloody full of ink. Can't get enough ink can fucking red!

I'm not taking them back I would rather sulk.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Don’t ya think
  • I dont know but red is useless unless you're a teacher.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    Don’t ya ink

• Honestly losing my mind at the stupidest thing in work. I'll try and be brief..

So, once upon a time there was a ward called Ambulatory Care. Then covid happened and it got busy busy and it and other depts in the hospital had to move about in order to cope, and to open covid specific areas.

So then there was just Ambulatory Care, and now Surgical Ambulatory Care. Then, a few months ago, they opened Medical Ambulatory Care as a temp within the Medical Day Ward.

Us porters now get jobs via a new iPhone system. You log in, go "on duty", and a coordinator sitting in front of a PC fires out jobs to all of us. Clear it off and wait for the next one.

BUT!

Whoever the fuck it was that put this two-Bob system together, didn't allow adding or editing available locations within the hospital, so, if I was to get a patient to or from "Ambulatory Care" on my phone, it really could be normal, Surgical, or Medical, and I've no fucking way of knowing! And of course! They're all at three geographically opposite areas of the hospital! And of course! When I go to a wrong one, I catch heat and attitude off busy nurses for having the temerity to ask for a patient they don't have! Then feel like a prick when they turn me away! Multiple, multiple times a day this happens! Absolutely love it!! Not like we have a FUCKING OXFORD DICTIONARY OF WORDS AND REALLY COULD JUST CHOOSE TWO RANDOM WORDS FOR THE OTHER TWO PLACES CALL THEM FUCKING GIRAFFE AND ORANGE FOR ALL I CARE JUST STOP FUCKING ME ABOUT FOR FUCKS SAKE
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    There is something about the universality of incompetence and poor decision making in any working environment that's simultaneously baffling and reassuring. People, I guess.

It particularly sucks in this situation, Gav and I'll rage in solidarity at the void.
  • Oooof Id be fucking raging at that too.
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • It's the cheek and microaggressions from staff that should know our processes, but simply don't, or do and they don't care. Drives me insane.

"Are you sure it's this ward?" Aye pal, I'm sure. I don't ask for these patients for a fucking giggle, do I? "Nope, they aren't here", and off they trot. Well cheers, I'll just go fucking launch myself out the nearest window then. Thanks for the help.
  • People in positions of authority on TV with potato webcams - we've had most of the year in video calls, spend £30 on a decent cam.
  • Me and the two new people who joined NME at the same received our invoices for our first month and change middle of last week. We haven't been told when that will go through, and as such one of my colleagues  is short on her rent so I've had to send her £200. Hate it when this stuff isn't clear, and hate to see people go through this kind of insecurity.
  • I mean that does kinda matter, Temps. My potato webcam gripe can do one.
  • Ha, I mean... nothing really matters, in the end. My dearest friend.
  • Time destroys all things.

At the end of the day, it gets dark.

Hang on what thread is this?
  • The musical theatre thread!

At the end of the day it's another day over
    With enough in your pocket to last for a week
    Pay the landlord, pay the shop
    Keep on grafting as long as you're able
    Keep on grafting till you drop
    Or it's back to the crumbs off the table
    You've got to pay your way
    At the end of the day
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Getting even less important - Cortana on Windows 10. Can do nothing at all of any use it seems. Only ever seems to say "Sorry I can't help you with that".

Sprog likes talking to devices and gets reasonable responses from Google and Alexa but precisely nothing from Cortana. 
    "Show me a picture of a car" - Sorry I can't help you with that.
    One time it misunderstood and gave information about some Korean professional gamer. Great stuff.
  • nick_md wrote:
    Time destroys all things.

At the end of the day, it gets dark.

Time to return to monke.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Kow wrote:
    Getting even less important - Cortana on Windows 10. Can do nothing at all of any use it seems. Only ever seems to say "Sorry I can't help you with that". Sprog likes talking to devices and gets reasonable responses from Google and Alexa but precisely nothing from Cortana.  "Show me a picture of a car" - Sorry I can't help you with that. One time it misunderstood and gave information about some Korean professional gamer. Great stuff.

"I'm sorry Kow, I'm afraid I can't do that"
  • Uuugh double BMW whammy this morning. Driving out from the estate at the T junction (notorious for speeding cars) and a fucking BMW decides to do a turn off the adjoining road onto my road and try and swing out again. Course he was blocking the view of the road and bend. Bellend.
    Then on way back had a BMW driving like he wanted to make love to my exhaust. This was IN the estate. I pulled in when I could, dramatically, let him pass and continued. Fucker had gained maybe 5 seconds on me. Like I was already probably going too fast in the estate myself. Why do some drivers insist on trying to mount the car in front?

In other car news, a woman ploughed into the side of the car as my wife was leaving the school grounds. There is a rounabout at the exit and wife was going straight, she had almost gotten to the far side exit and the woman on her left shot out and straight into the passenger door where my baby son was. The car is built like a tank and fairly high so it looks like barely a scratch and the little fella didnt even wake. Front of her car was proper mashed. Worst thing is, she tried to run but couldnt because her car was so wedged in. Not sure what it was stuck on, thinking about it. Thankfully she admitted liability to her insurance. That should have been what I led with tbh.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    The ex wife of a friend of mine drove like that, right up on the tail of the car in front. I was in the car with her once and I really wanted to say cop the fuck on, but she was doing me a favour so I stayed shtum. Through winding country back rounds she stayed about a metre behind the car in front and out to right a bit waiting to overtake, but of course on those roads there's no opportunity so this went on for kilometres. Driver in front must have been fuming. I'd have kept slowing down until they got the message.
  • The odd stab of the brakes and rear fog lights usually move them back.

Glad everyone's OK Ninj, what tank does your wife drive?! Also glad to hear the womans attempt to abscond failed.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    The odd stab of the brakes and rear fog lights usually move them back. Glad everyone's OK Ninj, what tank does your wife drive?! Also glad to hear the womans attempt to abscond failed.
    Ah that would stress me out, I prefer to let them pass so I dont have to deal with them. 

Cheers!
    We are driving a now battle-scarred(temporarily) Seat Ateca.
  • Glad to hear everyone's ok mate.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah glad all ok superfly!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Thanks guys!
  • Yeah, I’ll echo that. Glad the wife and wean are okay, Fly. I’d be LIVID if someone had T-boned my wife’s car.

I’ve seen some truly insane driving in my first week living in the country, but that’s not a surprise. Feels like a bit of a homecoming, if anything - I learned to drive on country roads. It’s been pissing it down every day here though, and some of the overtaking moves through floodwaters are quite a thing to behold.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    B put a glass bottle of lemonade in the freezer yesterday, and when I saw him doing that, I was pretty sure he was gonna forget about it.

So yeah, exploded bottle of lemonade, and most of the freezer was covered in pink ice. That was fun, specially as today should be easy day, as I'll be busy baking / cooking tomorrow and Friday, and have been busy with groceries and cleaning yesterday.

Feels like living with two kids at times, roommate dropped some orange juice yesterday, and when he was done cleaning, I still had to go over it as there was plenty of orange left on the counter. Sunday he made some enchiladas, and there was tomato sauce everywhere, I could pretty much trace his movement through the kitchen.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I’ve got good at setting a timer on my phone when I put bottles in the freezer. Make B do that.
  • I set alarms and forget what they're for. Narrowly escaped paying a year of Amazon Prime this week because it took me ages to remember why I'd set five alarms around 9pm Monday.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!